Question about Christianity and my church

Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

The Ex-Mormon
Apprentice

Question about Christianity and my church

Post #1

Post by The Ex-Mormon »

Mitt Romney is running for President. He is a member of the CoJCoLDS. Also I belong to this church. I have noticed that many Christians hate my church. Why? We are Christians as they are. We believe in Jesus Christ and the Bible as the word of God, like they do it. Why do they hate us?

The Ex-Mormon
Apprentice

Post #21

Post by The Ex-Mormon »

Nickman wrote:
It was originally written in English
I know! But when one translates a song from a language into another language, the text is often different. Do you know e.g. the "Ballad of the green berets"? The song is named in German, " 100 man and an order " . And the contents are also different from the English original.

Here the original song:

And here a German version:

Nickman
Site Supporter

Post #22

Post by Nickman »

The Mormon wrote:
Nickman wrote:
It was originally written in English
I know! But when one translates a song from a language into another language, the text is often different. Do you know e.g. the "Ballad of the green berets"? The song is named in German, " 100 man and an order " . And the contents are also different from the English original.

Here the original song:

And here a German version:

That doesn't change the fact that the original English shows worship to JS.

The Ex-Mormon
Apprentice

Post #23

Post by The Ex-Mormon »

Nickman wrote:
"Praise" doesn't mean any kind of adoring. It means "honor this person, because he is God'd mouth on earth". We "adore" only our Lord. Not a human person.

Nickman
Site Supporter

Post #24

Post by Nickman »

The Mormon wrote:
Nickman wrote:
"Praise" doesn't mean any kind of adoring. It means "honor this person, because he is God'd mouth on earth". We "adore" only our Lord. Not a human person.
Read the entire song. He is extolled and honored and mingling with gods.

The Ex-Mormon
Apprentice

Post #25

Post by The Ex-Mormon »

Nickman wrote:
I have read the complete text. Have where I did not understand words, taken a dictionary or the Internet for help. And the result of my examination is; that you interpret in the song a little in; what is not contained in this. Brother Joseph was honored with that, and he was not treated as equal with God or Jesus. Sometimes our prejudices prevent us to see things clearly. This applies to all of us.

Nickman
Site Supporter

Post #26

Post by Nickman »

The Mormon wrote:
Nickman wrote:
I have read the complete text. Have where I did not understand words, taken a dictionary or the Internet for help. And the result of my examination is; that you interpret in the song a little in; what is not contained in this. Brother Joseph was honored with that, and he was not treated as equal with God or Jesus. Sometimes our prejudices prevent us to see things clearly. This applies to all of us.
The main point is that he has his own hymn, the him praises him on so many levels and to some degree as much as Jesus or god.

Here is a song for Jesus in which he doesn't even get half of the praise JS does. http://www.lds.org/churchmusic/detailmu ... bseqstart= &searchseqend=234&searchsubseqend=ZZZ

The Ex-Mormon
Apprentice

Post #27

Post by The Ex-Mormon »

It is obvious for me; that you must hate the church very much. Why?

freeman4

Why people hate my church:

Post #28

Post by freeman4 »

The truth is that most individuals who belong to a Church believe if you do not belong to their Church you are wrong.
freeman4:

The Ex-Mormon
Apprentice

Re: Why people hate my church:

Post #29

Post by The Ex-Mormon »

freeman4 wrote: The truth is that most individuals who belong to a Church believe if you do not belong to their Church you are wrong.
freeman4:
If they could justify it at least! But they cannot do this! They think to be in the possession of the only truth which she does immunely to criticism from the outside; and fanatically against dissidents.
I just examine my own faith (LDS) critically. And I am furious; because I have the feeling to have been lied to by this church (it is about the first vision).
Members of the church who are in this forum; will or can't not understand my questions and doubts. And this is a pity!

sleepyhead
Site Supporter

Re: Why people hate my church:

Post #30

Post by sleepyhead »

The Mormon wrote: I just examine my own faith (LDS) critically. And I am furious; because I have the feeling to have been lied to by this church (it is about the first vision).
Members of the church who are in this forum; will or can't not understand my questions and doubts. And this is a pity!
Hello mormon,

As far as I know the only members of your church on the forum are Diana and vanguard. Any responses to you other than in private messages can be commented apon by anyone. There are other forums with a lot of budding apologists who's goal will be to strenghten your testimony.
May all your naps be joyous occasions.