How should Christians view Muhammad historically?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

jessehove
Student

How should Christians view Muhammad historically?

Post #1

Post by jessehove »

I would argue that Christians should see Muhammad as a true prophet for his time and context, while maintaining that Christ is the fulfillment of all the prophets through his death and ressurection. Here is my central historical arguement regarding the Prophet Muhammad:

http://mercyandmessiah.blogspot.ca/2012 ... ophet.html

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #2

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

Even back when I used to follow Islam I had a problem with that: if Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice to redeem mankind, then there was absolutely no need for another prophet in the arid arse end of the world. Especially when Christianity was rampant in the surrounding areas.
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه

Muzaffar
Student

Post #3

Post by Muzaffar »

Pazuzu bin Hanbi wrote: Even back when I used to follow Islam I had a problem with that: if Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice to redeem mankind, then there was absolutely no need for another prophet in the arid arse end of the world. Especially when Christianity was rampant in the surrounding areas.
Where in Islam is it taught that Jesus was the Ultimate Sacrifice, Paul invented that, because he knew that one day there would have been someone like Hitler who would have rebel against the Jews for Killing Jesus, so he invented the theory of Ultimate Sacrifice.

But the Muhammad was the fulfillment of the Good news of Jesus (Injeel of 'Isa), for almost 2000 years the christians are making supplication to God saying:
"Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy. May your thy kingdom come..."

And they didn't realize that year after year they were not getting the answer, thing is that they missed the bus with muhammad, he was the bringer of the kingdom of god, where everyone would worship only him. and the answer to this supplication is found int the Qur'an 1: "Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;Most Gracious, Most Merciful; Master of the Day of Judgment."(may your name be kept holy) and it continues...

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #4

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

You clearly have not understood what I’ve written. :-k
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه

Muzaffar
Student

Post #5

Post by Muzaffar »

[Replying to post 4 by Pazuzu bin Hanbi]

Then it would be good to write in a clear cut language...

Allahakbar
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Allahakbar »

Muzaffar wrote: [Replying to post 4 by Pazuzu bin Hanbi]

Then it would be good to write in a clear cut language...
It seemed clear enough to me.

Muzaffar
Student

Post #7

Post by Muzaffar »

Allahakbar
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by Allahakbar »

Reply to what?

Muzaffar
Student

Post #9

Post by Muzaffar »

[Replying to post 8 by Allahakbar]

to the "clear" post of Pazuzu bin Hanbi

kayky
Prodigy

Post #10

Post by kayky »

I see Muhammad as a visionary who saw the deep-rooted problems in Arab society and wanted to create a solution. He saw the civilizing effects of Christianity on the societies around him and decided to create an Arab version.