How about a Miracle!

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Sender
Sage

How about a Miracle!

Post #1

Post by Sender »

Someone in a post a couple of weeks ago said something along the line of "all it would take is just one miracle" to convince people God does in fact exist.

So let me ask ALL of you...what kind of miracle would it take to get you on your knees and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Healing someone from AIDS or cancer as a result of laying on of hands in the name of Jesus.? Healing a blindman by restoring his sight by the same way? What? Or would no miracle get you to believe. I am curious and serious, and sincerely would like to see diferent opinions on what it would take. Thanks in advance.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Re: How about a Miracle!

Post #61

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Mae von H wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:08 am [Replying to TRANSPONDER in post #57]

You posts are too long and too abusive to answer. But I have come to understand why Jesus said to those listening to his teaching. “he who has ears (to really hear), let him (and not the others) hear (what is said and what it means.)”

See you on another thread. Until then, adieu!

Oh you will see me on another thread, you may run but you can't hide. My posts may be too long, but you know, I don't mind if a poster picks up just one or two points, so 'too long' is no more an excuse than accusations of abuse or tossing denialist Bible passages excusing ignorance and denial. I have been at pains to explain my position - evidence = based or theoretical. It does you no credit to wave them away with the excuses or dismissal of your recent posts, not that I mind because we goddless love a good Bad Example.

Bottom line, we know when someone runs away with a parting shot because it is a stock doorstoop evangelist technique and it does the user no credit when they do it.

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Re: Re:

Post #62

Post by The Nice Centurion »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:06 am
The Nice Centurion wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:48 pm
The Nice Centurion wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:19 am The blind, the lame and the homosexualist are healed here and there all the time, or else a cure for people called to suffer from these things can be easily faked.

What about a lost limb growing fully back within seconds before live audience.
(Not on film, for today CGI could fake that easily.)

Hell, what about a severed head growing back IN SHORT TIME BEFORE LIVE AUDIENCE on a decapitated person and that person living happily ever after.
Why does no one want to answer my questions❓
Because they know it doesn't happen. The response is always excuses for why 'miracles' happen in a way that could just as well happen without a god there. I quote an 'answered prayer' that happened to me. But I am an atheist and do not pray. It was simply incredible good luck, as they say. Cancer remission, placebo effect (that worked on me, too and nobody was praying) and other believe it or not things, but growing back a missing arm or leg.*crickets*. Except I recall a claim that some leg grew back or maybe "You can't prove a leg hasn't grown back". I think that was it. Reversal of burden of proof as you will identify. It is why anecdotal claims of the supernatural are not good enough, even if the stories do not self -contradict like the resurrection - accounts.
But if they know it doesn't happen, that means tjey know that the saviour of all mankind alias the omnipozent creator of all that is, is restricted to miracles only that could as well be parlor tricks.

It makes Christ look like another Doctor Doxie from the Disney Movie "Elliot the Dragon".

It's the worst that could happen ever to an almighty being that wants to be glorified without end by all.

Tim Lahaye and Jerry B. Jenkins (authors of the Left Behind series) at last knew that when they wrote their fictional biographys of the four evangelists.

In "Luke" a cut on a finger of Lukes companion is found closed miraulously whithout leaving a scar.

But NOT EVEN THERE its more than that and.NOT EVEN THERE are allowed to be (fictional) witnesses or a narrative OF THE ACTUAL CLOSING OF THE WOUND ❗❗❗

WHY IS THAT❓❓❓ WHY IS THAT❓❓❓
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Re: Re:

Post #63

Post by TRANSPONDER »

The Nice Centurion wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:56 pm
TRANSPONDER wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:06 am
The Nice Centurion wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:48 pm
The Nice Centurion wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:19 am The blind, the lame and the homosexualist are healed here and there all the time, or else a cure for people called to suffer from these things can be easily faked.

What about a lost limb growing fully back within seconds before live audience.
(Not on film, for today CGI could fake that easily.)

Hell, what about a severed head growing back IN SHORT TIME BEFORE LIVE AUDIENCE on a decapitated person and that person living happily ever after.
Why does no one want to answer my questions❓
Because they know it doesn't happen. The response is always excuses for why 'miracles' happen in a way that could just as well happen without a god there. I quote an 'answered prayer' that happened to me. But I am an atheist and do not pray. It was simply incredible good luck, as they say. Cancer remission, placebo effect (that worked on me, too and nobody was praying) and other believe it or not things, but growing back a missing arm or leg.*crickets*. Except I recall a claim that some leg grew back or maybe "You can't prove a leg hasn't grown back". I think that was it. Reversal of burden of proof as you will identify. It is why anecdotal claims of the supernatural are not good enough, even if the stories do not self -contradict like the resurrection - accounts.
But if they know it doesn't happen, that means tjey know that the saviour of all mankind alias the omnipozent creator of all that is, is restricted to miracles only that could as well be parlor tricks.

It makes Christ look like another Doctor Doxie from the Disney Movie "Elliot the Dragon".

It's the worst that could happen ever to an almighty being that wants to be glorified without end by all.

Tim Lahaye and Jerry B. Jenkins (authors of the Left Behind series) at last knew that when they wrote their fictional biographys of the four evangelists.

In "Luke" a cut on a finger of Lukes companion is found closed miraulously whithout leaving a scar.

But NOT EVEN THERE its more than that and.NOT EVEN THERE are allowed to be (fictional) witnesses or a narrative OF THE ACTUAL CLOSING OF THE WOUND ❗❗❗

WHY IS THAT❓❓❓ WHY IS THAT❓❓❓
They know (deep down) that it doesn't happen, and I know because of the way they excuse themselves from showing that it does, but they will not admit or recognise that they know. Bible apologetic denial, of what they know (that they won't rape, murder and pillage even if they do lose their faith), of what science says (order of Creation is wrong), and even what the Bible says (Slavery is ok). Bible apologetics is based on denial whether they understand that deep down or not.

Tcg
Savant

Post #64

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to Sender in post #1]

I honestly don't know, but if a god were omniscient, it would know and would do so if it cared for people to believe. It either doesn't exist or has some ulterior motive for not doing so. Maybe it has a near terminal case of stage fright or some much less benign reason.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #65

Post by TRANSPONDER »

That's a good point and may be salient. God would know what was needed to save everyone and would have done it long, long before now If such a thing was true.

While some have even slithered across the Black Ice of suggesting that God hath Limitations, the rest prefer to say this is necessary for maintaining the integrity of Faith, it is the fault of Man in some way or God knows what he is doing, if the question comes up because those pesky Aytheists won't shut up and go away.