Civil. Respectful. Intelligent. Thoughtful. Challenging.

Reply to topic
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 1: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:32 pm
Jews and the Trinity

Like this post
Hello

I wanna know how do you interpret Genesis 1:26 Genesis 11:7 etc where God is speaking in plural.

I have heard that it is plural of majesty." can you give me an example found in the Tanach

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Gen 11:7 Come, let us go down, and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Greetings

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 2: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:28 pm
Re: Jews and the Trinity

Like this post
Dario wrote:

Hello

I wanna know how do you interpret Genesis 1:26 Genesis 11:7 etc where God is speaking in plural.

I have heard that it is plural of majesty." can you give me an example found in the Tanach

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Gen 11:7 Come, let us go down, and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Greetings

You say you want to know, but it seems clear from the title of this thread that you are posting an argument with a specific agenda in mind.

Pick up a Jewish Study Bible. This subforum isn't intended to be a place where Christians can come to show Jews why we are wrong and ought to change our teachings and beliefs.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 3: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:38 am
Re: Jews and the Trinity

Like this post
cnorman18 wrote:

Dario wrote:

I wanna know how do you interpret Genesis 1:26 Genesis 11:7 etc where God is speaking in plural. ...

You say you want to know, but it seems clear from the title of this thread that you are posting an argument with a specific agenda in mind. Pick up a Jewish Study Bible. ...

Or Plaut or Etz Hayim or Alter or Fox or ... Sometimes people are so transparent.

Goto top, bottom

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

On The Web | Ecodia | Hymn Lyrics Apps
Facebook | Twitter