What's so wrong with being homosexual?

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

Hans35
Student

What's so wrong with being homosexual?

Post #1

Post by Hans35 »

Not that I'm gay, just wondering. I could understand that in the times when the bible was written, it was important to keep marriages between men and women, to keep up the population growth e. But now, as 7 billion people on the planet, I don't see any reason why gay people shouldn't be married?

Tell me pls!

99percentatheism
Banned
Banned

Post #2

Post by 99percentatheism »

Unless the lemming dance of total celebration of gay sex is followed uber alles on this subject, this seems a setup for a report to a Mod to mete out discipline to any dissent of gay pride.

Moses Yoder
Guru

Post #3

Post by Moses Yoder »

There is nothing wrong with being homosexual, and some people have no choice in the matter. The problem comes when you practice homosexuality, having sex with someone of the same sex.

You see, according to the Bible, homosexual sex is wrong (see Romans chapter 1). Therefore if I say I am a Christian, by rights I must disapprove of gay sex.

There are several people, one in particular, on this site whom I have grown to love and respect that are homosexual. I figure they are free to choose the lifestyle they want, and must live with the consequences themselves. It is not my place to go around telling people they are wrong, at least not until I get this beam out of my eye.

Gay sex has led to the spread of HIV and other diseases due to ignorance and promiscuity and has weakened the family unit considerably.
Matthew 16:26
New King James Version (NKJV)
26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

KCKID
Guru

Re: What's so wrong with being homosexual?

Post #4

Post by KCKID »

Hans35 wrote: Not that I'm gay, just wondering. I could understand that in the times when the bible was written, it was important to keep marriages between men and women, to keep up the population growth e. But now, as 7 billion people on the planet, I don't see any reason why gay people shouldn't be married?

Tell me pls!
Well, as we all know, heterosexual marriages are those that are undoubtedly 'made in heaven' where everyone lives happily ever after ( :roll: ) and heterosexual societies have proven beyond doubt that we can all live in peace and harmony on planet earth simply by not being gay ( :roll: ). Gay marriages and gay people in general will mess all of this wonderfulness up for us. It/they must be stopped at all costs or this fairy tale existence that we all share and embrace will cease to exist ( :roll: ). Gays are out to destroy life as we know it. We all know this ( :roll: ).

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by McCulloch »

Moses Yoder wrote: Gay sex has led to the spread of HIV and other diseases due to ignorance and promiscuity and has weakened the family unit considerably.
Correction: promiscuous sex and ignorance have led to the spread of HIV.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Hans35
Student

Post #6

Post by Hans35 »

Moses Yoder wrote: There is nothing wrong with being homosexual, and some people have no choice in the matter. The problem comes when you practice homosexuality, having sex with someone of the same sex.

You see, according to the Bible, homosexual sex is wrong (see Romans chapter 1). Therefore if I say I am a Christian, by rights I must disapprove of gay sex.

There are several people, one in particular, on this site whom I have grown to love and respect that are homosexual. I figure they are free to choose the lifestyle they want, and must live with the consequences themselves. It is not my place to go around telling people they are wrong, at least not until I get this beam out of my eye.

Gay sex has led to the spread of HIV and other diseases due to ignorance and promiscuity and has weakened the family unit considerably.

Okay, it says so in the Bible, but so what? You have to be critical. If there was a God, I really don't think he would care about what you or someone else did with your genitals. Even highly developed animals like dolphins and monkeys perform sexual acts, do they go to hell too?

Simply following the words of an old book without any valid reason seem incredibly stupid to me, sorry to say.

And I doubt you could say that gay sex is the only cause of HIV, but I assure you that there are more STDs being exchanged amongst heterosexual couples than gay ones.

Besides, HIV was not even known back in the Bible days.

R34L1TY
Scholar

Post #7

Post by R34L1TY »

I hear about Priests molesting young children all the time on the news, primarily young boys. It leads me to wonder if many Priests find priest hood through their shamed ideology of their homosexuality.
M.Sc Zoology/ B.Sc (Hons) Physics/Pursuing M.D (Radiation Oncology)

PhiloKGB
Scholar

Post #8

Post by PhiloKGB »

Moses Yoder wrote: There is nothing wrong with being homosexual, and some people have no choice in the matter. The problem comes when you practice homosexuality, having sex with someone of the same sex.
Well, that seems stupid.

"I bestow upon thee a strong desire which thou shalt have lifelong through no fault of thine own. And it shalt be entirely thine own responsibility to resist that desire as long as thy liveth. Enjoyeth."

Morphine
Sage

Post #9

Post by Morphine »

Hans35 wrote: Not that I'm gay, just wondering. I could understand that in the times when the bible was written, it was important to keep marriages between men and women, to keep up the population growth e. But now, as 7 billion people on the planet, I don't see any reason why gay people shouldn't be married?

Tell me pls!
Other than the fact that seeing two men be intimate towards one another disgusts me, I see nothing wrong with. Marriage isn't anything but paperwork anyway. If they want to get married, let them. Not like its gonna change anything or hurt anyone. If God really cared, then people would not have those desires to begin with.

Would you create something to do things that you don't want it to do? Just doesn't make sense.

Skybringr
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by Skybringr »

Tell me pls!
I think the question in and of itself is a sheer example of what's becoming wrong with this world.
A century ago, the answer would be self-evident. One may as well have been asking why bestiality or incest is wrong.

But a lot of society today has tried to rationalize the concept of homosexuality, much like what you've done in your post.
McCulloch wrote:
Moses Yoder wrote: Gay sex has led to the spread of HIV and other diseases due to ignorance and promiscuity and has weakened the family unit considerably.
Correction: promiscuous sex and ignorance have led to the spread of HIV.
The majority of all HIV among the human population collectively- rests exclusively among homosexuals: the rising 3%.

Saying what you have said is just completely reaching around reality to get homosexuality to seem okay.