What is your favorite bit of the bible and why

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

nigelp

What is your favorite bit of the bible and why

Post #1

Post by nigelp »

I'm not remotely religious, but mine would be;

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Ezekiel 25:17

Samuel L Jackson, Pulp Fiction

bluethread
Savant

Post #2

Post by bluethread »

That isn't really Scripture, but a generalization and expansion of a curse on the P'lishtim and the K'reti that was spoken to Yechezk'el.

R34L1TY
Scholar

Post #3

Post by R34L1TY »

Samuel 18:25,27: "And Saul said, Thus shall ye say to David, the king desireth not any dowry, but a hundred foreskins of the Philistines, to be avenged of the king's enemies....wherefore David arose and went, he and his men, and slew of the Philistines two hundred men, and David brought their foreskins, and they gave them in full tale to the king, that he might be the king's son-in-law."

Pro-Circumcisionerrr.
M.Sc Zoology/ B.Sc (Hons) Physics/Pursuing M.D (Radiation Oncology)

R34L1TY
Scholar

Post #4

Post by R34L1TY »

This one is great too :D

Ezekiel 23:19–20 Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals – as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions.
M.Sc Zoology/ B.Sc (Hons) Physics/Pursuing M.D (Radiation Oncology)