Jesus Myth Theory

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

d.thomas
Sage

Jesus Myth Theory

Post #1

Post by d.thomas »

Jesus myth theory, variously called Christ myth theory and the nonexistence hypothesis, among other names, is a term that has been applied to several theories that at their heart have one relatively common concept: the New Testament account of the life of Jesus is so filled with myth and legend as well as internal contradictions and historical irregularities that at best no meaningful historical verification regarding Jesus of Nazareth (including his very existence) can be extracted from them. However, as Archibald Robertson stated in his 1946 book Jesus: Myth Or History at least as far as John M. Robertson was concerned the myth theory was not concerned with denying the possibility of a flesh and blood Jesus being involved in the Gospel account but rather "What the myth theory denies is that Christianity can be traced to a personal founder who taught as reported in the Gospels and was put to death in the circumstances there recorded." more here:http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Jesus_myth_theory

Has anyone here read about this? In your opinion can Christianity be traced to a personal founder?

meshak
Site Supporter

Post #81

Post by meshak »

BigRed wrote:

All Israel are sons of God.
You can say all men are sons of God. Your claim is meaningless, friend.

Hello bigred. I am from the other forum which I just got banned for a month. I know you know me very well.

BigRed
Student

Post #82

Post by BigRed »

Truth 101 wrote....
7 demons and 7 spirits of God. Think about that one. It's the same being, Yahweh and Satan.

Other then that. The Apostles creed states he rose to heavens.

His body also went missing. Was not in the cascket.

Also, he showed up in constantines dream to make him spread his gospel.

Just to name a few.

BigRed replies......
If a corpse is missing, do we assume the person went to Heaven?
Or do we try and find out who moved the body and what did they do with it?
BigRed

meshak
Site Supporter

Post #83

Post by meshak »

Regens Küchl wrote: Jesus never existed and it is provable. Please read the Proof here ;)
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/

Furthermore user Alter2Ego made a thread in this forum - and in Zillion other Forums - called : "Jesus Christ Myth or historical person".
FYI, Alter2Ego is an excellent apologist for her faith. You cannot beat her. She is a JW and I am not, but I admit she is well informed about her faith.
You ought to stop false accusation, dear.

BigRed
Student

Post #84

Post by BigRed »

meshak wrote:
BigRed wrote:

All Israel are sons of God.
You can say all men are sons of God. Your claim is meaningless, friend.

Hello bigred. I am from the other forum which I just got banned for a month. I know you know me very well.
I think my assertion is based upon Scripture. It is not meaningless.
Matthew 23:9
Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.
Hi Meshak,
You are not missing anything on the other forum.
BigRed

meshak
Site Supporter

Post #85

Post by meshak »

BigRed wrote:
Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.
You have to know that most of the members here dont know much about Christianity and your claims are misleading. Are you saying all Israelites are sons of God?
Hi Meshak,
BigRed
I know it was God's will to be absent from that forum for a while. Now, I am well prepared to expose false Christianity in that forum.

BigRed
Student

Post #86

Post by BigRed »

meshak wrote:
BigRed wrote:
You have to know that most of the members here dont know much about Christianity and your claims are misleading. Are you saying all Israelites are sons of God?
Hi Meshak,
BigRed
I know it was God's will to be absent from that forum for a while. Now, I am well prepared to expose false Christianity in that forum.
What's the Bible say?
Isaiah 64:8
But now, O Lord, You are our Father, We are the clay, and You our potter; And all of us are the work of Your hand.

BigRed

meshak
Site Supporter

Post #87

Post by meshak »

BigRed wrote:
Isaiah 64:8
But now, O Lord, You are our Father, We are the clay, and You our potter; And all of us are the work of Your hand.

BigRed

Why do you think Jesus claim He is Son of God? I know it is meaningless to you because you dont believe He is the Christ.

So it is kind of meaningless discussing the Christianity with you; I am Jesus' servant and you are not.

meshak
Site Supporter

Post #88

Post by meshak »

BigRed,

I dont understand why you quote the Scripture, you dont trust Jesus' word. What gives?

BigRed
Student

Post #89

Post by BigRed »

meshak wrote: BigRed,

I dont understand why you quote the Scripture, you dont trust Jesus' word. What gives?
If we are discussing religion, the Bible is the authority on the story of Jesus.
BigRed

meshak
Site Supporter

Post #90

Post by meshak »

BigRed wrote:
meshak wrote: BigRed,

If we are discussing religion, the Bible is the authority on the story of Jesus.
BigRed
But you dont believe the most fundamental of Christianity.
And you dont trust Jesus' Word. You just dont make sense at all.