Banned

why are atheists afraid of the gospel

Post #1

Post by GADARENE »

the easter song
He’s risen, hallelujah Hallelujah
keith green

go listen to it, if you dare!

what is so frightening and threatening about stirring, inspiring, beautiful music dedicated to and about the christian god to god-hating atheists, and others who detest jesus?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

What I find so repulsive about Christianity is the idea that people are standing around singing hallelujah about an idea that some God supposedly had to have his innocent son butchered on a pole to pay for this disgusting unworthiness.

Why are they singing hallelujah? They should be hanging their heads in absolute disgust and shame for having been the supposed cause of this whole scenario.

The mere fact that they think it's great that God had to have his son beaten and nailed to a pole to pay for their sins is creepy.

The mere fact that they believe their God is that weird in the first place that he would even be appeased by having men crucify his own son is also creepy.

Is Christianity scary?

What truly scares me is the simply fact that so many people actually want to believe in this scenario as a matter of pure faith and act like as if it's a respectable thing to believe.

I would much rather live in a world where no one would even support such a scenario much less lust to believe in it on pure faith.

Or at the very least, if they feel they have no choice but to believe it they could at least recognize how utterly disgusting the whole situation is. It's certainly not something to sing hallelujah about.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by TheTruth101 »

Why are they singing hallelujah? They should be hanging their heads in absolute disgust and shame for having been the supposed cause of this whole scenario.

All this can equal to ones "suffering". Suffering is needed to find redemption within the biblical God.

The mere fact that they think it's great that God had to have his son beaten and nailed to a pole to pay for their sins is creepy.

The mere fact that they believe their God is that weird in the first place that he would even be appeased by having men crucify his own son is also creepy.

Is Christianity scary?

Thus through our debates you have learned that Christianity is a scary religion.

As in "Fear God" said my King Solomon.

And to add, under Pslams,

Ye are Gods, Kings and sons of the Most high"

Yes, you should fear us because we will be Christian Gods to the Atheists in eternity.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #4

Post by Divine Insight »

TheTruth101 wrote: Thus through our debates you have learned that Christianity is a scary religion.
I don't consider conversations with you to even remotely be about Christianity.

I also don't consider our conversations to even be debates.
TheTruth101 wrote: Yes, you should fear us because we will be Christian Gods to the Atheists in eternity.
And atheist should fear this because? :-k

Are you suggesting that Christians will become nasty demonic Gods who are evil in their intentions?

Actually if you get this idea from the Bible I'm not the least bit surprised. I've been trying to educate people that these ancient Hebrew fables of a mean bullying jealous God do indeed have a tendency to instill highly immoral ideas into the minds of those who read them.

So it's not surprising when I see my predictions come true right before my eyes.
[center]Image
[/center]

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From the OP:
why are atheists afraid of the gospel
I 'fear' it for folks can't show it's truth.
the easter song
He’s risen, hallelujah Hallelujah
keith green

go listen to it, if you dare!
I propose that your attempts to insinuate atheists fear this "gospel" you're so proud of, and your failure to offer what it is or a link to it, should be reasonably considered as yet another theist trying to declare atheists reject that which you can't even muster the 'dare' (read courage) to ya know, actually dang present.

Coward.

I further propose that your insinuation that atheists don't 'dare' deal with that which you don't dare present, indicates a certain intellectual deficiency on the part of you, the 'accuser', and how you just can't find it within yourself, you just can't find the courage, you accusatory coward, to present this data you have the temerity to accuse atheists of being unable to 'dare' deal with.

Might'n we question how 'daring' it is of you to slander folks, but here you sit, in comfortable cowardice, you don't even offer this data up?
what is so frightening and threatening about stirring, inspiring, beautiful music dedicated to and about the christian god to god-hating atheists, and others who detest jesus?
All evidence within this OP leads me to conclude what's so frightening and so threatening, is the OPer declaring atheists don't 'dare' address...

is that which the OPer is too cowardly* to present!

*based on this OPer's accusation that atheists don't 'dare' listen to that which the OPer, and don't this beat all, is too dad-gummed scared, or too dad-gummed ignorant to present.

I call dooficity, gooficity, and accusations borne of this OPer's cowardice to present his data, and all manner of how dang dumb is it to accuse folks of refusing to hear an argument the OPer just can't find it in himself to present.

A goofball, cowardly notion remains there at the end of it, a goofball, cowardly notion.

(them tags, and who here is so proud to say them tags ain't got 'em here and there)

(them tags, and who here is so proud to say they didn't trip 'em up twice)
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

d.thomas
Sage

Post #6

Post by d.thomas »

God-hating atheists, and others who detest Jesus, oh my.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: why are atheists afraid of the gospel

Post #7

Post by McCulloch »

I do not hate God. I do not believe that God exists. I hate some of what the self-appointed spokesmen for God have said and written. I have no fear of the Gospel. Should I?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by TheTruth101 »

@Divine Insight,
I don't consider conversations with you to even remotely be about Christianity.

I also don't consider our conversations to even be debates.
From what I recall, most of our "exchanged posts" have been about God of the Christianity. My stance was from defending my God (Christian God) and hence my ideas come from the Bible and is the sole source. Therefore

BIBLE = Christianity, so we were debating Christianity all along. I apologize that you think otherwise.

Go figure...

And atheist should fear this because?

Are you suggesting that Christians will become nasty demonic Gods who are evil in their intentions?

Actually if you get this idea from the Bible I'm not the least bit surprised. I've been trying to educate people that these ancient Hebrew fables of a mean bullying jealous God do indeed have a tendency to instill highly immoral ideas into the minds of those who read them.

So it's not surprising when I see my predictions come true right before my eyes.

It's upto them really. If you do fear God maybe an Atheist will have a "chance" at escaping condemnation. Perhaps God will think of the one as being the "Good Samaritan". Who knows?

GADARENE
Banned
Banned

Re: why are atheists afraid of the gospel

Post #9

Post by GADARENE »

McCulloch wrote: I do not hate God. I do not believe that God exists. I hate some of what the self-appointed spokesmen for God have said and written. I have no fear of the Gospel. Should I?

good, good. wasn't referring to people like you are. just the god-hating atheists and others who detest jesus Christ. he loves all so much. even bled like crazy for each one of them.

you might enjoy the easter song by keith green. tis beautiful. magnificent.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #10

Post by Divine Insight »

d.thomas wrote: God-hating atheists, and others who detest Jesus, oh my.
They get these disgusting ideas directly from their religion:

Romans 1:
[28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
[29] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
[30] Backbiters,
haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
[31] Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
[32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

And things like the following:

Ps:14:1: The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

So this is where they get these kinds of unwholesome ideas.

Their religion spreads hatred toward non-believers by making theses outrageous false accusations against atheists.

It's truly ironic as the Ten Commandments command not to bear false witness against thy neighbor, yet here we see the Biblical prophets doing precisely this very thing.

Christianity is all about bearing false witness against atheists.
[center]Image
[/center]