This is a big spoiler for the Atheists and science.

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

This is a big spoiler for the Atheists and science.

Post #1

Post by TheTruth101 »

This is Prophetess Lady Vanga who predicted the 9/11 terrorist attack as well as others that came true.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PD4x5toZMPY/T ... /vanga.jpg

Now, This is one of her predictions of the 9/11.
September 11
In 1989 she predicted the World Trade Center disaster in the following statement:

"Horror, horror! The American brethren will fall after being attacked by the steel birds. The wolves will be howling in a bush, and innocent blood will be gushing."

"Brethren" is believed to refer to the "Twin" Towers or the "Brothers". "Steel Birds" are obviously the jets. The part about the bush is believed to refer to President Bush.

Prophetess Lady Vanga was blind all her life. Some of the debates that I have held with other Atheists in the past was of how EYES (meaning memory recollection) was the only source to dreams. Now, this prophetess here clearly can SEE (through her prohecy stating "objects" wolves and towers etc.) when she was blind ALL OF HER LIFE.

How do you explain this one science? If you cant define it by definbition in accordance to science, then it is done by God. (like what I've been sayiing from day 1 on this forum that dreams come from God)

Ooberman
Banned
Banned

Re: This is a big spoiler for the Atheists and science.

Post #41

Post by Ooberman »

NoisForm wrote:
NoisForm wrote: 2) But not surprisingly, it isn't the case that she was blind at birth,...
Incidentally, not even the folks that believe in this nonsense make a claim about her being born blind, not even close, but rather losing her sight at age twelve. Twelve.

"Vanga lost her sight when she was 12. She was swept away by a mighty tornado."

"As the story goes, at the age of 12, the young Vangelia was lifted by the wind in a storm and thrown to the ground. She was found with sand and dirt in her eyes and she eventually became blind."
This is how the myth of Jesus most likely developed. One person says:

"Jesus died the other day, but his spirit is with God now. He was a great man, probably at the right hand of God..."

the next person says,

"Jesus died, rose and is sitting at the right hand of the Father..."

There is no reason why blind people can't form images in their mind after feeling a dog and being told a wolf is similar... especially after hearing tales about wolves from childhood stories.

Not to mention, the people close to her say she never made those prophesies.

This is a perfect example of a recently dead person being mythologized. It's legendary development right before our eyes.

Now, imagine if we didn't have the internet and couldn't quickly rebut these claims?

That's right: Vanga becomes a God.
Thinking about God's opinions and thinking about your own opinions uses an identical thought process. - Tomas Rees

Ooberman
Banned
Banned

Post #42

Post by Ooberman »

Clownboat wrote:
You should probably stop this nonsense, but considering the reading enjoyment, please continue.
Along with my previous post, I find this a fascinating exercise in how the Myth of Jesus most probably developed.

Here, we see the superstitious person has been caught out, and the claims to be wrong. He has two options, give up, or retrench, fortifying his position and declaring other people simply wrong.

Now, it appears he is going for the angle of "she claimed supernatural stuff you can't verify! So there! I win!"

This retrenching is a product of cognitive dissonance. He will never admit to being wrong in this group because of the fear of being considered wrong about everything.

Somewhere in his mind, he probably knows he is wrong, but he won't let that come out. He must save face.

He is like one of the early Christians. Willing to believe any myth told to him, even embellishing on the factual data, and staunchly defending some principle that is impossible to prove or disprove (little creatures, and what not).
Thinking about God's opinions and thinking about your own opinions uses an identical thought process. - Tomas Rees

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Post #43

Post by TheTruth101 »

Ooberman wrote:
Clownboat wrote:
You should probably stop this nonsense, but considering the reading enjoyment, please continue.
Along with my previous post, I find this a fascinating exercise in how the Myth of Jesus most probably developed.

Here, we see the superstitious person has been caught out, and the claims to be wrong. He has two options, give up, or retrench, fortifying his position and declaring other people simply wrong.

Now, it appears he is going for the angle of "she claimed supernatural stuff you can't verify! So there! I win!"

This retrenching is a product of cognitive dissonance. He will never admit to being wrong in this group because of the fear of being considered wrong about everything.

Somewhere in his mind, he probably knows he is wrong, but he won't let that come out. He must save face.

He is like one of the early Christians. Willing to believe any myth told to him, even embellishing on the factual data, and staunchly defending some principle that is impossible to prove or disprove (little creatures, and what not).

???

If you go throgh the thread I mentioned numerous times that the "prophecy" was just a small part of the OP and most of the pointers I was trying to get across was that she was BLIND however was able to see and dream visually. In all, I was, for the most part, pointing out the logical fallacy behind "scientific" reasoning of "dreams".

A member of this forum pointed out later down the thread that she was NOT born blind and that she got blind at age 12. And in accordance with science, if a person is NOT blind upto 5 years of age, and becomes blind after, that very blind person can still have visual vivid dreams. He put up scientific sources and I agreed and retracted (meaning my statement was wrong) my statement on post #35.

It rather seems like you were in it for the "prophecy" for the most part, since your post implies that "science" wasnt really what you were considering for the most part, but rather the "prophecy" spoken. Which in all, goes against your atheism and the very foundation of your belief.

The above post is actually pretty funny. Its like a statement saying my belief (science and logic) comes second to spirituality (prophecy and supernatural).
Last edited by TheTruth101 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Post #44

Post by TheTruth101 »

Clownboat wrote:
TheTruth101 wrote:
NoisForm wrote:
TheTruth101 wrote: ...this prophetess here clearly can SEE (through her prohecy stating "objects" wolves and towers etc.) when she was blind ALL OF HER LIFE.
1) Even if she has been blind since birth, there is no way we could possibly verify that she 'saw' in her dreams.

"Those who are born blind or become blind before the age of five do not see in their dreams."

"It shows in these studies that people who have been blind since birth or very early in childhood have no images in their dreams,..."

"If you went blind before age 5, you do not see visual images."

2) But not surprisingly, it isn't the case that she was blind at birth, and her seeing in dreams would therefor not be unusual at all;

"She was found after a long search–very frightened, and her eyes were covered with sand and dust, so she couldn't open them because of the pain. No healing gave results. There was money only for a partial operation, so her eyesight was failing."

Debunked.

Another source (not from Wiki) says she went blind at 12 years old. So, within the sources that you provided, it infact can be debunked according to science. I thereby retract my statement relating to SCIENCE ONLY.

It still dosent change the fact that she prophecised and got it right. And she said that "little creatures" told her what to say in her prophecies, in all, it still calls for a logical agreement that God or the supernatural exists that saw the future.
It has been demonstrated that she did not get the prophecy right.
- 4 plains were involved.
- Plains are not made of steel.
- No wolves
- No bushes
- No birds
It has also been demonstrated that she was not blind from birth.

Well you are actually trying to point out that the prophecy spoken by Vanga which is this,
"Horror, horror! The American brethren will fall after being attacked by the steel birds. The wolves will be howling in a bush, and innocent blood will be gushing."
As a whole statement of all events that took place on 9/11. When infact, the case is, she's merely speaking of ONE event that took place in the prophecy. Which in reality, is the twin towers and the twin jets flying in to it when "bush" was the president of the United states, or "America" as said in her prophecy.

Star
Sage

Post #45

Post by Star »

TheTruth101 wrote: If you go throgh the thread I mentioned numerous times that the "prophecy" was just a small part of the OP...

It rather seems like you were in it for the "prophecy" for the most part...
#-o

You contradict yourself so many times I can't take any of your posts seriously.

I asked you what the thread title was about and you answered the prophecy...
TheTruth101 wrote:
Star wrote: Truth, this is another thread that doesn't make any sense.

What's the "big spoiler"? We've known about 9/11 for more than a decade.
She prophecised of the 9/11 events in 1989.

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Post #46

Post by TheTruth101 »

Star wrote:
TheTruth101 wrote: If you go throgh the thread I mentioned numerous times that the "prophecy" was just a small part of the OP...

#-o

TheTruth101 wrote:

Oh, I get what your saying, so the "plural" form of "events" as to, "event" is what made you confused. I apologize Star, as usual, you do your part.

Star
Sage

Post #47

Post by Star »

TheTruth101 wrote:
Star wrote:

#-o

TheTruth101 wrote:

Oh, I get what your saying, so the "plural" form of "events" as to, "event" is what made you confused. I apologize Star, as usual, you do your part.
No, actually you don't. Your lack of recognizing the other plane crashes on 9/11 and the insult to the victim's families is another matter entirely.

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Post #48

Post by TheTruth101 »

Star wrote:
TheTruth101 wrote:
Star wrote:

#-o

TheTruth101 wrote:

No, actually you don't. Your lack of recognizing the other plane crashes on 9/11 and the insult to the victim's families is another matter entirely.

Oh, I see, such empathy and a "deep thinker". Funny how most of your posts on this forum end in a single sentence. (two at most)

BTW, it is an entirely different matter of the subject, why would you initiate it and bring it up on this thread?

Go figure..

Star
Sage

Post #49

Post by Star »

TheTruth101 wrote:
Star wrote:
TheTruth101 wrote:
Star wrote:

#-o

TheTruth101 wrote:

Oh, I see, such empathy and a "deep thinker". Funny how most of your posts on this forum end in a single sentence. (two at most)

BTW, it is an entirely different matter of the subject, why would you initiate it and bring it up on this thread?

Go figure..
Huh?

It was in this thread. How soon you forget. :roll:

I usually don't post long responses to you anymore because I've come to realize you either won't read it all, or won't understand it.

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Post #50

Post by TheTruth101 »

@Star

I was resopnding to what you wrote here.
Your lack of recognizing the other plane crashes on 9/11 and the insult to the victim's families is another matter entirely
I usually don't post long responses to you anymore because I've come to realize you either won't read it all, or won't understand it
And in response to above, your loss. Plainly speaking. (Also, 3 sentences this time, it is an improvement)