This is a big spoiler for the Atheists and science.

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

This is a big spoiler for the Atheists and science.

Post #1

Post by TheTruth101 »

This is Prophetess Lady Vanga who predicted the 9/11 terrorist attack as well as others that came true.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PD4x5toZMPY/T ... /vanga.jpg

Now, This is one of her predictions of the 9/11.
September 11
In 1989 she predicted the World Trade Center disaster in the following statement:

"Horror, horror! The American brethren will fall after being attacked by the steel birds. The wolves will be howling in a bush, and innocent blood will be gushing."

"Brethren" is believed to refer to the "Twin" Towers or the "Brothers". "Steel Birds" are obviously the jets. The part about the bush is believed to refer to President Bush.

Prophetess Lady Vanga was blind all her life. Some of the debates that I have held with other Atheists in the past was of how EYES (meaning memory recollection) was the only source to dreams. Now, this prophetess here clearly can SEE (through her prohecy stating "objects" wolves and towers etc.) when she was blind ALL OF HER LIFE.

How do you explain this one science? If you cant define it by definbition in accordance to science, then it is done by God. (like what I've been sayiing from day 1 on this forum that dreams come from God)

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Post #31

Post by TheTruth101 »

Star wrote:
TheTruth101 wrote:\Yes but only TWO planes (two steel birds) hit the TWIN TOWERS. (American bretheren)
No, FOUR hijacked planes were involved in the attack. Your American brethren include those killed at the Pentagon, as well as most the passengers on board the other plane that crashed.

American Bretheren can be defined as "brothers". Twin towers means TWIN'S literally, which under a human definition, it goes perfect with "brothers" or the "TWIN" towers.

Prisoner of the Sun
Site Supporter

Re: This is a big spoiler for the Atheists and science.

Post #32

Post by Prisoner of the Sun »

TheTruth101 wrote: This is Prophetess Lady Vanga who predicted the 9/11 terrorist attack as well as others that came true.

September 11
In 1989 she predicted the World Trade Center disaster in the following statement:

"Horror, horror! The American brethren will fall after being attacked by the steel birds. The wolves will be howling in a bush, and innocent blood will be gushing."

"Brethren" is believed to refer to the "Twin" Towers or the "Brothers". "Steel Birds" are obviously the jets. The part about the bush is believed to refer to President Bush.

Prophetess Lady Vanga was blind all her life. Some of the debates that I have held with other Atheists in the past was of how EYES (meaning memory recollection) was the only source to dreams. Now, this prophetess here clearly can SEE (through her prohecy stating "objects" wolves and towers etc.) when she was blind ALL OF HER LIFE.

How do you explain this one science? If you cant define it by definbition in accordance to science, then it is done by God. (like what I've been sayiing from day 1 on this forum that dreams come from God)
This may have already been answered, but I'll give my 2c worth. I only ghost these boards, so don't post often. We see with our brain, not only with our eyes. Blindness is usually caused by a defect in the cornea, lens, retina or in the optic chiasm (the region of the brain where the signals from the right and left visual fields cross over). If a person is blind due to congenital cataracts or retinal dysplasia, then although no signals get through, the processing centres in the occipital lobes are still intact. This means that although the person cannot see, the neurons responsible for actually processing visual signals are still in place and active. These neurons will still fire, given the right stimulus. When a person is in REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep, these neurons (along with other sensory neurons) fire, producing visual sensation, even though the primary visual apparatus (the eyes and/or retina) may be non-functional. A blind person can still "Dream in Colour" and experience visual hallucinations.
Nothing in life is to be feared.
It is only to be understood.
Marie Curie.

“Since it is obviously inconceivable that all religions can be right, the most reasonable conclusion is that they are all wrong.�
Christopher Hitchens

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Post #33

Post by TheTruth101 »

Prisoner of the Sun wrote:
TheTruth101 wrote: This is Prophetess Lady Vanga who predicted the 9/11 terrorist attack as well as others that came true.

September 11

This may have already been answered, but I'll give my 2c worth. I only ghost these boards, so don't post often. We see with our brain, not only with our eyes. Blindness is usually caused by a defect in the cornea, lens, retina or in the optic chiasm (the region of the brain where the signals from the right and left visual fields cross over). If a person is blind due to congenital cataracts or retinal dysplasia, then although no signals get through, the processing centres in the occipital lobes are still intact. This means that although the person cannot see, the neurons responsible for actually processing visual signals are still in place and active. These neurons will still fire, given the right stimulus. When a person is in REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep, these neurons (along with other sensory neurons) fire, producing visual sensation, even though the primary visual apparatus (the eyes and/or retina) may be non-functional. A blind person can still "Dream in Colour" and experience visual hallucinations.

Wow, this is the first. So all blind people can dream and see now.

NoisForm
Scholar

Post #34

Post by NoisForm »

TheTruth101 wrote: ...this prophetess here clearly can SEE (through her prohecy stating "objects" wolves and towers etc.) when she was blind ALL OF HER LIFE.
1) Even if she has been blind since birth, there is no way we could possibly verify that she 'saw' in her dreams.

"Those who are born blind or become blind before the age of five do not see in their dreams."

"It shows in these studies that people who have been blind since birth or very early in childhood have no images in their dreams,..."

"If you went blind before age 5, you do not see visual images."

2) But not surprisingly, it isn't the case that she was blind at birth, and her seeing in dreams would therefor not be unusual at all;

"She was found after a long search–very frightened, and her eyes were covered with sand and dust, so she couldn't open them because of the pain. No healing gave results. There was money only for a partial operation, so her eyesight was failing."

Debunked.

NoisForm
Scholar

Post #35

Post by NoisForm »

NoisForm wrote: 2) But not surprisingly, it isn't the case that she was blind at birth,...
Incidentally, not even the folks that believe in this nonsense make a claim about her being born blind, not even close, but rather losing her sight at age twelve. Twelve.

"Vanga lost her sight when she was 12. She was swept away by a mighty tornado."

"As the story goes, at the age of 12, the young Vangelia was lifted by the wind in a storm and thrown to the ground. She was found with sand and dirt in her eyes and she eventually became blind."

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Post #36

Post by TheTruth101 »

NoisForm wrote:
TheTruth101 wrote: ...this prophetess here clearly can SEE (through her prohecy stating "objects" wolves and towers etc.) when she was blind ALL OF HER LIFE.
1) Even if she has been blind since birth, there is no way we could possibly verify that she 'saw' in her dreams.

"Those who are born blind or become blind before the age of five do not see in their dreams."

"It shows in these studies that people who have been blind since birth or very early in childhood have no images in their dreams,..."

2) But not surprisingly, it isn't the case that she was blind at birth, and her seeing in dreams would therefor not be unusual at all;

"She was found after a long search–very frightened, and her eyes were covered with sand and dust, so she couldn't open them because of the pain. No healing gave results. There was money only for a partial operation, so her eyesight was failing."

Debunked.

Another source (not from Wiki) says she went blind at 12 years old. So, within the sources that you provided, it infact can be debunked according to science. I thereby retract my statement relating to SCIENCE ONLY.

It still dosent change the fact that she prophecised and got it right. And she said that "little creatures" told her what to say in her prophecies, in all, it still calls for a logical agreement that God or the supernatural exists that saw the future.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #37

Post by McCulloch »

:warning: Moderator Warning

Please review our Rules.
TheTruth101 wrote: Understood. As in, your attempting to start your trolling sprees again.
Please address the issues and ideas being raised rather than the personalities of the other debaters. If you feel that someone is acting inappropriately or trolling, report it to the moderators.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #38

Post by Clownboat »

TheTruth101 wrote:
NoisForm wrote:

Debunked.

Another source (not from Wiki) says she went blind at 12 years old. So, within the sources that you provided, it infact can be debunked according to science. I thereby retract my statement relating to SCIENCE ONLY.

It still dosent change the fact that she prophecised and got it right. And she said that "little creatures" told her what to say in her prophecies, in all, it still calls for a logical agreement that God or the supernatural exists that saw the future.
It has been demonstrated that she did not get the prophecy right.
- 4 plains were involved.
- Plains are not made of steel.
- No wolves
- No bushes
- No birds
It has also been demonstrated that she was not blind from birth.

You should probably stop this nonsense, but considering the reading enjoyment, please continue.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

NoisForm
Scholar

Post #39

Post by NoisForm »

Nickman wrote: She wasn't blind her "whole entire life". She was blind from 12 until she died because of a tornado and sand in her eyes...
Sorry, Nickman - I didn't see you had already covered this in the previous page. :) So in fairness, you can share in the rare wonder that is a formal retraction on these boards;
TheTruth101 wrote: Another source (not from Wiki) says she went blind at 12 years old. So, within the sources that you provided, it infact can be debunked according to science. I thereby retract my statement relating to SCIENCE ONLY.
Albeit a slightly odd retraction, and one followed with qualifiers. We take what we can get.

Nickman
Site Supporter

Post #40

Post by Nickman »

NoisForm wrote:
Nickman wrote: She wasn't blind her "whole entire life". She was blind from 12 until she died because of a tornado and sand in her eyes...
Sorry, Nickman - I didn't see you had already covered this in the previous page. :) So in fairness, you can share in the rare wonder that is a formal retraction on these boards;
TheTruth101 wrote: Another source (not from Wiki) says she went blind at 12 years old. So, within the sources that you provided, it infact can be debunked according to science. I thereby retract my statement relating to SCIENCE ONLY.
Albeit a slightly odd retraction, and one followed with qualifiers. We take what we can get.
Not a big deal. I was enjoying the extras you posted which evidenced that people who are blind from birth don't see images in their head. That was the icing on the cake. I am also glad that Truth101 was able to admit when he was wrong. I didn't think he would do such due to pride. Good on you Truth.