Our Lady, a testable Prophetess of Islam

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

assisigirl
Guru

Our Lady, a testable Prophetess of Islam

Post #1

Post by assisigirl »

This subject requires a certain level of study and knowledge. I have used the following two links as a rescource for this discussion.

http://www.ediscoverislam.com/What-is-H ... -the-quran

http://www.catholicpilgrims.com/lourdes ... ourdes.htm

If you examine both revelations and the process involved it seems obvious to all that it is the same deity that is involved ie Allah.

The most obvious similarities are (1) the process of revelation over time.(2) The testable eye witness accounts of both makes it accessible to even the most cynical of readers. (3)The gravity of both revelations is very obvious as both of them are partly revealed to humans ie they are frightening. Many threads on this forum have attested to strange phenomena that are peculiar to our age that are forbodings of Allah's Judgement Day. The apparition of Our Lady at places like Lourdes and Medjugorge etc, act as reminders to us that Allah's fulfillment is nigh.

Is Our Lady, a prophetess of Allah, and a revelationary reminder of his Judgement?

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #11

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 10:
assisigirl wrote: Once again, as my sole contributor here, Joey, I thank you.
Let's don't forget your own contributions, and how folks might be mighty 'preciative for it.
assisigirl wrote: Let's get a bit real about this.
People believe in things for reasons that are more complex than anyone can imagine. People support football teams, people believe in romance, etc...
Okay.
assisigirl wrote: There is nothing on this earth to compare with the fervour of belief that exists for the Quran of Islam and for Our Lady of Catholicism.
It should be obvious to all that you've never seen what happens when the ol' lady dresses up in them frillies and declares it do everything Joey wants to do night.
assisigirl wrote: The poor and downtrodden of these two monolithic entities cling to these dual beliefs with a realism that even you Joey cannot deny. What else is like this?
An entire planet thinking the moon ain't there, and then waiting to watch it fall from the sky.
assisigirl wrote: Admit to the following all who read this.
I'll not be bound to accept your demands, lest you can show those demands worthy of accepting.
assisigirl wrote: The Prophet and Our Lady are the two great pillars that support the arch of the gateway to the Eternity of the great God Allah!
I see no reason to conclude such is the case, based on the data you have thusfar presented. Asserting something, nay demanding that all admit to it, is not showing one speaks truth.

It's preaching, and if that's the best you can do, I dare say there's no need to even buy a ticket, much less hop on the train.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

assisigirl
Guru

Post #12

Post by assisigirl »

Hi Joey:

I want to level with you here. I was going to let this thing run until April 1st. I pulled this entire nonsense of a thread from the far flung reaches of the planet, Rectillium. I did this for several reasons, none of which was to trick you. Your contributions here have been sincere and well intended.

(1)I wanted to see how hard it would be to make a case for the bizarre, Joey. Don't take my word for it, it is very very very very easy.
(2) I have argued against stuff from Rectillium here for months now and I decided to infiltrate their mindsets.
(3)I have almost despaired of trying to influence their thinking.
(4)Look at it this way Joey, not a Catholic in sight, not an Islamist in sight. These people know a banana skin when they see one. This does not stop them creating these monstrosities of threads themselves. Just read down the menu that is currently available on the forum now. My personal favourite is this one, made yesterday, 'Is Jesus both God and prophet according to Christians' This is from a Muslim who couldn't care less about Christians and who couldn't answer one question I asked him

So Joey , all that was left here were two God fearing atheists 'shooting the breeze' like Icarus and Daedalus, so to speak. Accept my apology for any brain cells you wasted on this nonsense, I particularly liked the You Tube on the moving statues of Ireland. Joey, any suggestions for flying the breeze that you can think of, run with it. 'Was the Celtic Tiger a creature of the Apocalypse'? Start it with a picture and a quote from Revelation and it will all come to you. I swear. Bye, Joey.

This relates to the topic of whether or not it is possible to have honest debate on a forum like this. The nub of this issue is 'acting in good faith'. In many, many cases here you see threads with biased agendas which are not constructed to create a real exchange of thought. How can you vet this, I don't know.

southern cross
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by southern cross »

assisigirl wrote: Hi Joey:

I want to level with you here. I was going to let this thing run until April 1st. I pulled this entire nonsense of a thread from the far flung reaches of the planet, Rectillium. I did this for several reasons, none of which was to trick you. Your contributions here have been sincere and well intended.

(1)I wanted to see how hard it would be to make a case for the bizarre, Joey. Don't take my word for it, it is very very very very easy.
(2) I have argued against stuff from Rectillium here for months now and I decided to infiltrate their mindsets.
(4)Look at it this way Joey, not a Catholic in sight, not an Islamist in sight. These people know a banana skin when they see one. This does not stop them creating these monstrosities of threads themselves. Just read down the menu that is currently available on the forum now. My personal favourite is this one, made yesterday, 'Is Jesus both God and prophet according to Christians' This is from a Muslim who couldn't care less about Christians and who couldn't answer one question I asked him

So Joey , all that was left here were two God fearing atheists 'shooting the breeze' like Icarus and Daedalus, so to speak. Accept my apology for any brain cells you wasted on this nonsense, I particularly liked the You Tube on the moving statues of Ireland. Joey, any suggestions for flying the breeze that you can think of, run with it. 'Was the Celtic Tiger a creature of the Apocalypse'? Start it with a picture and a quote from Revelation and it will all come to you. I swear. Bye, Joey.

This relates to the topic of whether or not it is possible to have honest debate on a forum like this. The nub of this issue is 'acting in good faith'. In many, many cases here you see threads with biased agendas which are not constructed to create a real exchange of thought. How can you vet this, I don't know.
I have to say HUZZAH
I need at least 2 lines
So I dips me lid
Yeah I can't count.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #14

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 12:
assisigirl wrote: I want to level with you here. I was going to let this thing run until April 1st. I pulled this entire nonsense of a thread from the far flung reaches of the planet, Rectillium.
#-o

I love you. I can 'preciate a good joke, even if it ends with me having pie all over me.

I've seen some of your previous exchanges with certain un-named individuals, and after you posted this OP, I was thinking those exchanges were the ones that were the put-ons, especially considering your name.
assisigirl wrote: ...
Accept my apology for any brain cells you wasted on this nonsense
I'm so confused now, I can't tell if you're sincere, or rubbing it in that I fell for it :joker:
assisigirl wrote: This relates to the topic of whether or not it is possible to have honest debate on a forum like this. The nub of this issue is 'acting in good faith'. In many, many cases here you see threads with biased agendas which are not constructed to create a real exchange of thought. How can you vet this, I don't know.
I think you risk your own credibility when you admit your OP was not in good faith, but then bemoan the fact that some folks don't act in good faith (but I'll go to my grave saying you punked me bad as any punkin' I ever had).

My position is that no matter how goofy the assertion, the theist often believes it, so there's no need in presenting what is ostensibly a strawman argument in order to argue these various matters.

Let the theists present their case, and let's hammer that. Not made up issues.

But the ol' lady's sure gonna love hearing this'n.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

micatala
Site Supporter

Post #15

Post by micatala »

southern cross wrote:
assisigirl wrote: Hi Joey:

I have to say HUZZAH
I need at least 2 lines
So I dips me lid
Yeah I can't count.

Moderator Comment

The point of the rule is to avoid cluttering up threads with cheerleading and other unproductive fluff. Yes, I see you can count. Still, I would request trying to abide by the spirit of the law rather than seeking to skirt as close to the line as you can.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
" . . . the line separating good and evil passes, not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart . . . ." Alexander Solzhenitsyn

steps
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by steps »

assisigirl wrote:
Is Jesus both God and prophet according to Christians' This is from a Muslim who couldn't care less about Christians and who couldn't answer one question I asked him
Hello :assisigirl

In Islam : Jesus is a man a great prophet to the sons of Israel only . and his name is : Isa son of Maryam

very simple :

(59) Lo! the likeness of Jesus with Allah is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, then He said unto him: Be! and he is.

who changed the rod of prophet Moses to serpent in less than a second capable to create Jesus from a mother only .

who created from the stone the camel of prophet Saleh in less than a second capable to create Jesus from a mother only .

It is very easy on Allah to create whatever he wants . but you complicated the case on yourselves .

ciko
Banned
Banned

Post #17

Post by ciko »

assisigirl wrote:
My personal favourite is this one, made yesterday, 'Is Jesus both God and prophet according to Christians' This is from a Muslim who couldn't care less about Christians and who couldn't answer one question I asked him

but i have answered all your questions

assisigirl
Guru

Post #18

Post by assisigirl »

ciko pleads:but i have answered all your questions

assisigirl replies: For once steps is correct, the christians brought this complexity on themselves.

Listen ciko, the question was.

Islam's obsession with the 'secular' ie(everyday societal matters ) as displayed by the ideal of a Muslim state under Sharia law is idolatry by the definition of same. Answer that without evasion and I will be amazed.

Idolatry
1. the religious worship of idols.
2. excessive admiration or devotion.

1. idol worshipping, fetishism Idolatry was punishable by death.
2. adoration, adulation, hero worship, apotheosis, exaltation, glorification, idolizing, deification Their affection soon increased to almost idolatry

This applies to Islam as much as to the 'moving statue' people of the Emerald Isle, land of banshees and leprechauns. God bless them.

assisigirl
Guru

Post #19

Post by assisigirl »

southern cross made a contribution to this thread which received a reprimand from a moderator as is their role here.
southern cross in his succint way displayed that he was very aware of the dynamic of the interaction between myself and JoeyKnothead and showed that he appreciated the importance of the issue. I welcomed his feedback here when it was given, sc respect.

steps
Banned
Banned

Post #20

Post by steps »

steps wrote:
assisigirl wrote:
Is Jesus both God and prophet according to Christians' This is from a Muslim who couldn't care less about Christians and who couldn't answer one question I asked him
Hello :assisigirl

In Islam : Jesus is a man a great prophet to the sons of Israel only . and his name is : Isa son of Maryam

very simple :

(59) Lo! the likeness of Jesus with Allah is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, then He said unto him: Be! and he is.

who changed the rod of prophet Moses to serpent in less than a second capable to create Jesus from a mother only .

who created from the stone the camel of prophet Saleh in less than a second capable to create Jesus from a mother only .

It is very easy on Allah to create whatever he wants . but you complicated the case on yourselves .
I want to correct my mistake in my last comment:

The mistake : from a mother only .
The correct : from a female only .