Our Lady, a testable Prophetess of Islam

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

assisigirl
Guru

Our Lady, a testable Prophetess of Islam

Post #1

Post by assisigirl »

This subject requires a certain level of study and knowledge. I have used the following two links as a rescource for this discussion.

http://www.ediscoverislam.com/What-is-H ... -the-quran

http://www.catholicpilgrims.com/lourdes ... ourdes.htm

If you examine both revelations and the process involved it seems obvious to all that it is the same deity that is involved ie Allah.

The most obvious similarities are (1) the process of revelation over time.(2) The testable eye witness accounts of both makes it accessible to even the most cynical of readers. (3)The gravity of both revelations is very obvious as both of them are partly revealed to humans ie they are frightening. Many threads on this forum have attested to strange phenomena that are peculiar to our age that are forbodings of Allah's Judgement Day. The apparition of Our Lady at places like Lourdes and Medjugorge etc, act as reminders to us that Allah's fulfillment is nigh.

Is Our Lady, a prophetess of Allah, and a revelationary reminder of his Judgement?

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #2

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From the OP:
If you examine both revelations and the process involved it seems obvious to all that it is the same deity that is involved ie Allah.
If it were so "obvious", it wouldn't seem to be obvious, but would be obvious.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

assisigirl
Guru

Post #3

Post by assisigirl »

JoeyKnothead: You seem to be oblivious to what you cannot see here. That is neither here nor there for me. Please address the substantive points of the OP.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 3:
assisigirl wrote: You seem to be oblivious to what you cannot see here.
There ya go with all the seeming again. I dare say that if you could show your position accurate, you'd need not rely on calling it all seemy.

I caution against attempts to accuse others of being "oblivious to what you cannot see here", lest the observer think it's you who suffers the condition of being not just seemingly, but downright confirmedly oblivious yourself.
assisigirl wrote: That is neither here nor there for me. Please address the substantive points of the OP.
She says...

Seemingly oblivious to the fact I did.

You see a god and some chick getting all groovy. I see multiple unsubstantiated claims across multiple links. I see little to no need in pointing out these claims, insofar as you only link to 'em, and seemingly can't support 'em.

I will not be held responsible to go through your links in an effort to sort out what parts of 'em you think substantive. I will continue to assert that by your repeated use of the term "seem", you have shown you're incapable of fully understanding whatever argument it is you seek to present, other'n you've found you some links you're proud of, but ya just can't seem to directly quote the parts - and confirm the veracity thereof - of those links you find so substantive in support of your seeming argument.

Your "lady" can't be shown to be a prophetess of Allah, 'cause you can't show this Allah feller ever uttered him the first syllable.

All you can do, it seems, is assert that which you're real proud of, only can't no more show it's truth than I can show I'm intelligent.
-Punkinhead Martin

assisigirl
Guru

Post #5

Post by assisigirl »

CAN YOU NOT SEE THE CONNECTION HERE?

Bernadette site:
"I came back for a fortnight. The vision appeared every day, except one Monday and one Friday. She repeated to me several times that I was to tell the priests they were to build a Chapel there, and I was to go to the fountain to wash, and that I was to pray for sinners. During this fortnight, she told me three secrets which she forbade me to tell anyone. I have been faithful until now."

Quran site:
The rational person has every right to be doubtful, of course, if he or she has never read this book. For such people, here is a small sample of what the Final Book contains. Suppose we wanted to ask God several questions about Him and about ourselves. Short of Him speaking to us directly (such a privilege has been granted to only one person out of all humanity), the Book has the best answers one can find. It is on the strength of these answers that an honest person may be struck with the conviction that the Final Book is from none other than God Almighty. Again, here is only a small part of the information one might find.

Do you get it now! Faith before God Joey!

assisigirl
Guru

Post #6

Post by assisigirl »

This show of faith before God is always open to ridicule and must be protected against falsification and simulation. Look at the connection here for example. I bring you these things to help you. Ignore my advice at your peril!

Quran:More on Falsification Test

In reference to the falsification tests mentioned earlier, it is interesting to note that they, too, relate to both the past and the present. Some of them were used as illustrations of Allah's omnipotence and knowledge, while others continue to stand as challenges to the present day. An example of the former is the statement made in the Quran about Abu Lahab. It clearly illustrates that Allah, the Knower of the Unseen, knew that Abu Lahab would never change his ways and accept Islam. Thus Allah dictated that he would be condemned to the Hellfire forever. Such a chapter was both an illustration of Allah's divine wisdom and a warning to those who were like Abu Lahab.

Our Lady being replicated, ie the moving statue phenomena.:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZjM83wZmWw

This youtube video is unbelievable but true. Watch and be amazed

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 5:
assisigirl wrote: CAN YOU NOT SEE THE CONNECTION HERE?
NO.

I fail to see what the bernadette deal has to do with the Quran deal, as you've mentioned.
---------------------------------

From Post 6:
assisigirl wrote: ...
Ignore my advice at your peril!
I reject such threats as the ravings of the lost and inconsolable.

Again you present the Quran, without ever having established its veracity. I can qoute from Gone With The Wind, but it's still just a tale.
assisigirl wrote: Our Lady being replicated, ie the moving statue phenomena.:

This youtube video is unbelievable but true. Watch and be amazed
I am amazed that one would accept the personal testimony of folks just 'cause they can utter a sentence.

I note that in the entire nine minutes and eighteen seconds of the video, that statue doesn't budge.
-Punkinhead Martin

assisigirl
Guru

Post #8

Post by assisigirl »

JoeyKnothead: Thank you for watching the video, Joey, I told you it was amazing. Are you suggesting that half the population of the country of Ireland are off their tree, that they do not know the difference between a moving statue and a real one?
Are you even suggesting that a divine revelation is not indeed a real fact. How much documentation do you need?, how many eye witnesses? Look at this logically?

Our Lady appears in Lourdes, she tells the people about God's plan for the future.The prophet receives the same insight in the Middle East, same process and same God, Allah.? Our Lady by definition is a prophetess for Allah warning all and sundry about Judgement Day. Simple as Joey!

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 7:
assisigirl wrote: ...
Are you suggesting that half the population of the country of Ireland are off their tree...
No.

Are you suggesting they should be trusted simply 'cause it's a bunch of 'em carrying on?
assisigirl wrote: that they do not know the difference between a moving statue and a real one?
No.

Are you suggesting that just 'cause someone declares something, that we should trust 'em just 'cause they have a voice box?
assisigirl wrote: Are you even suggesting that a divine revelation is not indeed a real fact.
I'm suggesting that if the statue in the video moved, that ain't it goofy as all get out it just can't muster up a movement while the camera's on.
assisigirl wrote: How much documentation do you need?
I'd settle for one piece, but demand it be a reliable piece. Video of people making claims should not be considered a valid reason for thinking this statue moved.
assisigirl wrote: how many eye witnesses?
So far all I've got is people in a video swearing up and down a statue moved, and all the while, that statue just can't seem to move at all when the camera is pointed in its direction.
assisigirl wrote: Look at this logically?
I'm trying to, without your insistence I accept claims just 'cause they got uttered.
assisigirl wrote: Our Lady appears in Lourdes...
Let me guess, she's as camera shy as that statue.
assisigirl wrote: she tells the people about God's plan for the future.
I've yet to meet anyone who can reliably show they know the mind of any god.
assisigirl wrote: The prophet receives the same insight in the Middle East, same process and same God, Allah.?
Beats me. I've yet to see any reliable data to suggest folks in the Middle East are seeing them a camera shy statue.
assisigirl wrote: Our Lady by definition is a prophetess for Allah warning all and sundry about Judgement Day.
I can define a train to be good eating, but that shouldn't lead the observer to stand in the middle of the tracks hoping to catch 'em one.
assisigirl wrote: Simple as Joey!
I caution against the use of such a term as "simple", lest we expose ourselves as ignorant to the complex.
-Punkinhead Martin

assisigirl
Guru

Post #10

Post by assisigirl »

Once again, as my sole contributor here, Joey, I thank you.

Let's get a bit real about this.
People believe in things for reasons that are more complex than anyone can imagine. People support football teams, people believe in romance, etc...

There is nothing on this earth to compare with the fervour of belief that exists for the Quran of Islam and for Our Lady of Catholicism. The poor and downtrodden of these two monolithic entities cling to these dual beliefs with a realism that even you Joey cannot deny. What else is like this?

Admit to the following all who read this.

The Prophet and Our Lady are the two great pillars that support the arch of the gateway to the Eternity of the great God Allah!