Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Izumi Koushirou
Student

Atheist Organization

Post #1

Post by Izumi Koushirou »

Allright, listen up.

I'm Izumi Koushirou, and I'm hoping to get you bunch of slackers ready for some real debating. I'm hoping the Christians are doing the same, I really want to show the world what we are made of, and we can only do that with strong opponents.

A little background about me:
I mostly would post in Utopiatemple.com, in the Respectable General Discussion area, or the debate area. I run a tight ship, usually having a major say in all topics. I also trained several people, and I've converted several people to Atheism.

I've also ran an Atheist training school, well co-ran, but same thing. I plan on establishing something like that ASAP.

Debate is a war. We need better guns.
Izumi out.
I know you�re afraid of us, afraid of change. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell how it's going to begin. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world where anything is possible.

Cephus
Prodigy

Re: Haha

Post #11

Post by Cephus »

cattious wrote:
Zarathaz wrote:Atheists who believe they are following an orginization are just as bad as Christians who think they are following a higher being.
What do you mean? why can't we follow an organization?
You certainly can follow an organization, I just think it's a little silly. Most people join clubs or groups for things that they *DO*, not things they don't do. It's like joining a "I do not collect stamps" club. What's the point?

Now if you're talking about groups dedicated to separation of church and state or the like, that's a bit different, but joining an atheist group? I think that's ridiculous. YMMV.

Zarathustra
Apprentice

Post #12

Post by Zarathustra »

Your example does make it sound kind of silly, Cephus, but what about "Anti-*" organizations? Such as "Students Against Destructive Decisions" or anything like that?

But now, back on topic.

Many of you are talking as if Christians are the Black Plague or something and that being able to debate against them is vaccination against the disease. A general Atheist Organization would, perhaps, make more sense. But one that is solely dedicated to treating Christians like an enemy encampment across the river? You guys can play soldier if you like, but I prefer a more casual and friendly take on debating. :whistle:
"Live that you might find the answers you can't know before you live.
Love and Life will give you chances, from your flaws learn to forgive." - Daniel Gildenlow

Cephus
Prodigy

Post #13

Post by Cephus »

Zarathustra wrote:Your example does make it sound kind of silly, Cephus, but what about "Anti-*" organizations? Such as "Students Against Destructive Decisions" or anything like that?
Well, in something like that, they are in favor of non-destructive decisions, aren't they? I'm talking about people who might join a group of non-stamp collectors or something. There are a lot of very vocal atheists out there who aren't really for anything, they're just against religion.
Many of you are talking as if Christians are the Black Plague or something and that being able to debate against them is vaccination against the disease. A general Atheist Organization would, perhaps, make more sense. But one that is solely dedicated to treating Christians like an enemy encampment across the river? You guys can play soldier if you like, but I prefer a more casual and friendly take on debating. :whistle:
In some ways, they are, or at least the most fundamentalist of them. When you have Christians trying to force their very faulty religious views into public schools, trying to force their moral views into the law, etc. then I'd say the Black Plague is a very apt description of what they are and what they do. There's a big difference between personal, heartfelt beliefs and trying to force those beliefs on others.

Bugmaster
Site Supporter

Re: Atheist Organization

Post #14

Post by Bugmaster »

Izumi Koushirou wrote:I run a tight ship, usually having a major say in all topics. I also trained several people, and I've converted several people to Atheism.
Sir yes SIR ! This is my debate forum, there are thousands like it but this one is mine, SIR ! My keyboard's name is Jenny, SIR !

Wuh, agh, where am I ? Sorry, I kinda blacked out there for a while.

Seriously... what the ? Why would I ever want to be a member of some sort of an atheistic army ? What are you going to do, go door-to-door preaching atheism at 9am ? It's bad enough that theists are doing that, there's no need to amplify the problem...

Zarathustra
Apprentice

Post #15

Post by Zarathustra »

My thoughts exactly, Bugmaster. I think they are just setting us up to be the atheistic army of Gog to be slaughtered in the valley of Meggido ;)
"Live that you might find the answers you can't know before you live.
Love and Life will give you chances, from your flaws learn to forgive." - Daniel Gildenlow