Sex Before Marriage is NOT a sin in the bible!!

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

revjoel2013

Sex Before Marriage is NOT a sin in the bible!!

Post #1

Post by revjoel2013 »

I study the bible and found that premarital sex is not a sin in the bible. This sin is created by Church doctrine. The early church twisted the word fornication to mean sex before marriage. The word fornication actually means having sex with a pagan temple prostitute. The early church fathers redefine the word fornication to mean all sex outside of marriage. This is how the doctrine that premarital sex is a sin started.

Why Should Christians Engage in Premarital Sex / Sex Before Marriage!!!

http://youtu.be/4lSv9kPIx0Q

What does fornication mean in the Bible; Latin Greek and Hebrew or

http://youtu.be/UVAI2TTOcgM[/img]

Wootah
Savant

Re: Re:

Post #61

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to collin88x in post #60]
Matthew 5:27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Jesus says woman not wife. Of course the Pharisees would prefer your interpretation. Today we sleep around before marriage and don't call it cheating at all but that is just our moral darkness.

https://biblehub.com/matthew/5-28.htm#lexicon
In the Greek it is gynaika, which means woman.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

collin88x
Student

Post #62

Post by collin88x »

Wootah wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:44 pm [Replying to collin88x in post #60]
Matthew 5:27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Jesus says woman not wife. Of course the Pharisees would prefer your interpretation. Today we sleep around before marriage and don't call it cheating at all but that is just our moral darkness.

https://biblehub.com/matthew/5-28.htm#lexicon
In the Greek it is gynaika, which means woman.
Yes he said woman that's what a wife is a woman. Not a man lol.

He said adultery. The sin of adultery means to sleep with another man's wife. For the woman it means to sleep with another man whose name she doesn't share.

I explained how polygamy was a righteous custom before the Roman empire came along. I proved that it was ordained and blessed custom by God.

So adultery can't apply to both man and woman the same.

Adultery means breaking the marriage union. going against your oath to God of marriage to said person.

In a man's case it was stealing another man's wife like David (who has multiple wives) did by stealing Bathsheba who was not HIS wife.

David's sin was not adultery because he had multiple wives. His sin was adultery because he stole another man's wife. That's a no no in God's eyes.

God declared even if what I gave you David, wasn't enough I would have given you even more. Meaning if he asked for 15 more wives. God would've gave it to him.

So a man having multiple wives is not adultery or cheating. Adultery fit a man is stealing another man's wife.
He may pursue a single women to make them his wives.

Adultery for the woman is slightly different. When a woman commits adultery she has dealt with another man who is not her husband. Even if she's sharing him with 15 other women? They all are called by his name and thus belong to him.

And any one of them who stepped outside of him and dealt with another man? Is an adulteress.

But the point is adultery is referring to breaking a marriage union.

So yes that's what Christ was referencing lusting upon already married women.

Single women yes you may desire them even for pleasure. But it would be wise to make sure they're trying to be godly women first before laying with them (marrying them) a godly woman is submissive, soft spoken, humble, respectful, and a willing servant most of the time. In and out of the bedroom.

That's the kind of woman God is pleased with as a wife.

Wootah
Savant

Post #63

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to collin88x in post #62]

Yes but I think Jesus would say or use the word wife if he wanted to be as restricting as you. In the sermon on the mount Jesus widens the scope of many laws. You are doing the opposite and narrowing Jesus scope. 'Yes but' is being is a pharisee.

Anyway you go your way. The world has practised polygamy since the beginning. Heck on the farm we promote it in animals. It is definitely part of the world system.

And I do think evolutionarily it is correct. A woman would prefer a rich man and for the sake of the children would not mind if there were other wives. Elon Musk has 9 or 10 kids and honestly I am surprised when I hear rich people with only one wife.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

collin88x
Student

Post #64

Post by collin88x »

Wootah wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:00 pm [Replying to collin88x in post #62]

Yes but I think Jesus would say or use the word wife if he wanted to be as restricting as you. In the sermon on the mount Jesus widens the scope of many laws. You are doing the opposite and narrowing Jesus scope. 'Yes but' is being is a pharisee.

Anyway you go your way. The world has practised polygamy since the beginning. Heck on the farm we promote it in animals. It is definitely part of the world system.

And I do think evolutionarily it is correct. A woman would prefer a rich man and for the sake of the children would not mind if there were other wives. Elon Musk has 9 or 10 kids and honestly I am surprised when I hear rich people with only one wife.
I don't think you understood what I said. My point was polygamy was a union blessed by God in Israel therefore was never an immoral practice. So I'm in agreement with the belief polygamy was blessed by God.

Polygamy became outlawed however not by God but by the Roman empire and At that time the Jews were under certain curses from God and one of those was if they were under the laws of another nation (in this case Rome) they had to follow the laws of the government if they weren't immoral or abominable acts in the eyes of God that is.

Monogamy was instituted for population control. And Israel had to follow that law or be judged by the government.

But the act of polygamy itself was never condemned by God. Quite the opposite. And it will be re instituted when his Kingdom is established after Armageddon.

The other point I was making was that polygamy was not adultery. Adultery meant different things for the male and female genders of Israel (I say Israel because the commandments of God we're given to them)

Adultery for the man with us knowing God blessed polygamy could never be referring to a man having multiple wives. Which many today would condemn all call immoral and adultery, when that's false doctrine.

Adultery for the man of Israel was when he took another man's wife or wives for that matter.

While adultery for the woman "an adultress" was when she left her union with her husband regardless if she shared him with several other wives. They all were bound to only him by law and bore his name. Thus we're forbidden to sleep with another man outside of him. Be it one wife or several wives. They all were bound to that one man. If stepped out of that union was considered an adultress which back then was death worthy punishment.

That's all I was saying though was that God blessed polygamy. there was one point where I felt weird saying that coming out of knowledge of the modern day doctrines and teachings which many are against the truth of God's word (esp all that spiritual Israel Christ died for all races, jargon) But that's for another topic.

but now I don't feel weird after the studies have gotten stronger and the commons sense because God does not contradict. We do. God is neither author of confusion. We are...

We create confusion of his words with our theories and trying to spiritualize everything we end up going way left field as a result rather then basing our theories off common sense of the history In the Bible and God's commands.

For example some one told me Mary was not of the house of David? I said HUH? how the heck did you calculate that mumbo jumbo.... They said simply because her lineage wasn't documented therefore she wasn't of the house of David (an Israelite)

I was like excuse me? First of all the law in Israel was their pedigree (race and tribe,) were declared by their fathers not their mothers when you read numbers 1.

At the time of Christ Israel were still very much so practicing the old covenant laws of God which would remain even passed Christ with the exception of sacrificial law ordinances being fulfilled in Christ sacrafice resulting in also no more capital punishment death penalty for sins. As the commandments still remained.

The law also in Israel was Israelites had to marry Israelites. So this is common sense. No Mary's lineage wasn't documented as the mother's lineage had no power when it came to inheritance in Israel only the fathers so documenting hers was irrelevant.

It only documented Joseph's his biological father (no immaculate conception, that's false doctrine also rooted in idolatry traditions)

Joseph was the reason Christ was declared a Jew from the tribe of Judah. His seed.

But Joseph was a man who also was big on the laws of God in Israel and knew the law of marrying an Israelite and thus with this info it's common sense to see that Mary would be of the house of David. If not judshs tribe exclusively (which I believe she was of Judah but for the sake of the debate) she was still either of Judah, Benjamin or Levi. Take your pick and at the time were the only Israelites of the 12 tribes considered the house of David until Christ ushered in the new covenant for the gentiled Israelites of the northern kingdom.

Mary was a Jew of the house of David. So when they insinuated she was not an Israelite? I was like ok you clearly are thinking way too hard or not enough and using your common sense.

That's an example of keeping your theories close to the vest based on the history of the Bible the laws of God and using your common sense to fill in certain blanks as a result.

That's how confusion is created though with out of left field theories and not using biblical common sense. also trying to spiritualize everything will throw you so far away from the truth you may not be able to come back, because that doctrine is a deep hole that has consumed a great many into a bold face life truthfully.

Wootah
Savant

Post #65

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to collin88x in post #64]

Ok step 1. Prove from the Bible polygamy was blessed by God for all times and places and people.

Tcg
Savant

Post #66

Post by Tcg »

Wootah wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:44 pm [Replying to collin88x in post #64]

Ok step 1. Prove from the Bible polygamy was blessed by God for all times and places and people.
Wait, you are asking in a subforum where the Bible is not considered authoritative to prove the Bible says something? Why should we care if it does or doesn't?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

collin88x
Student

Post #67

Post by collin88x »

Wootah wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:44 pm [Replying to collin88x in post #64]

Thats easy…..

I want to preface this by posting this first.

Malachi 3:6
6 “For I am the Lord, I change not;”

God does not change….ever. His law of old remains even to this day.

Polygamy was never a practice that was condemed in Gods government. Its not an immoral or abominable practice.

During the time of christ however? Israel were under certain curses from God and he commanded that they obeyed the laws of the governments they were under so long ae they were not making them break the laws of God that is.

Polygamy was a choice. Not a commandment. An israelite could choose to be polygamous or monogamous. They were not to be judged as a result of either choice.

But come the roman empire? If you do the historical reaearch? Youll find that the law of monogamy was instituted in their government. Which israel were under and had to follow as they ceased control over southern israel and jerusalem. Thats why king herod a roman was king in israel. It was a curse from God on the israelites.

But this is why paul said be the husband of one wife. Because that was the law of the land at that time.

Romans 13:1-2
Let every soul (israelites) be subject unto the higher powers. (Gentile governments) For there is no power but of God: (God gave it to them) the powers that be are ordained of God. (His will/for a reason)

Whosoever (israelite) therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they (israelites) that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. (A curse)

this is why we polygamy spoken of in a positive light (its not immoral) in the old testament but now shunned away from in the new testament (husband of one wife)

Its cuz of israelites state of subjection to the roman government (edom) which God put over them as a curse.

“Marriage in ancient Rome (conubium) was strictly a monogamous institution: a Roman citizen by law could have only one spouse at a time. The practice of monogamy distinguished the Greeks and Romans from other ancient civilizations, in which elite males typically had multiple wives.“

1 Timothy 3:2 (roman empire era)
“A (israslite) bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;”

Titus 1:5-6
For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee: If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.”

Notice a correlation though with one wife? In the new testament? Its not even honestly directed at the nation as a whole. But rather placed on the leaders of the nations churches. The bishops. All israel arent bishops. So you cant even apply bishop to all all israel. He said bishops of israel, be the husbands of one wife. Not all israel.

Nevertheless it was still governmental law to be monogamous only so any who would practice it would be judged during that time and punished harshly under roman law.

My point is proving that God has never condemed polygamy and matter of fact he blessed it and it also will return to the israelites once his kingdom is being established on earth.

Isaiah 4:1-2
“And in that day (post armageddon) seven women (multiple wives) shall take hold of one man, (singular) saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, (wife) to take away our reproach.”

(Shame) reproach means shame as (it is a shame for a woman not to be married, be it monagamous or polygamous she needs to be called by a mans name. And prophecy here is stating in that day theyll be begging to share a man to get their shame removed from them)

“In that day shall the branch of the LORD (the israelites) be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel. (The israealites who are redeemed in christ)

Isaiah 60:21-22

Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning (oppression and captivity) shall be ended.

Thy people (israelites) also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land (of israel) for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.

A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time.”

See that? A little one become a thousand? Thats referring to multiplying and growing strong as a race. God said he will hasten it. That means itll happen fairly quickly. How does a nation grow strong in number Quickly?

Polygamy. As was mentioned in isaiah 4 that for example….7 women will be begging to be the wives of one man. You can say thats also a metaphor for jesus christ too. Either of which would be right.

The marriage between (israelite) man and woman (women) represent the relationship between israel and God.

Polygamy will be reinstituded under Gods law and government. As monogamy was instituted by Gentile kingdoms. Not Gods law. But was set up as a curse believe it or not.

But once israel is redeemed that curse is no more and israel will gain the power from God and grow strong and quickly as a nation with Gods commandments instituted as law in ghe earth. Which means polygamy.

Im not sure if itll be allowed for all other nations who will be governed slightly differently and separate from Israel. but it most certainly will be for the redeemed israelites.

Now lets get the actual proof of its blessing from God.

Dueteronomy 21:15-17

If a (israelite) man have two wives, (polygamy) one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, both the beloved and the hated; and if the firstborn son be hers that was hated?

Then it shall be, when he maketh his sons to inherit that which he hath, that he may not make the son of the beloved firstborn before the son of the hated, which is indeed the firstborn:

But he shall acknowledge the son of the hated for the firstborn, by giving him a double portion of all that he hath: for he is the beginning of his strength; the right of the firstborn is his.”

See that? Now if it was condemed dont you think God who isnt the author of confusion? Would say outright a man shall never have more then one wife? It is fornication and an sbomination and you shall be put to death if you practice it?

You have to use common sense. To be married in ancient israel required a series of events. These wives of this man were PUBLICLY KNOWN. The community knew of these marriages and it was perfectly fine. Never condemed.

God just regulated it for the sake of the kids when it comes to inheritance of his things. The first born gets it whether youre good with the mother of him or not.

But the act itself of having multiple wives was never condemed as a “sin” or immoral practice.

This is why King Davids sin wasnt having multiple wives. It was that he commited adultery by stealing ANOTHER MANS WIFE.

He could have as many wives of his own as he desired and could handle. But he could not take another mans wife. Which he did with Bathsheba. And thats what angered God and caused him to curse david and bathsheba by taking their first born son away at birth with death.

For the sin of adultery. Not polygamy. Which tells you polygamy was blessed by God always has been and always will be once the gentile kingdoms are over and Gods law is established in the earth and enforced by the israelites redeemed in christ.

You said show you in the bible so im doing just that.

2 samuel 12:7-10

“And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul; And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's WIVES (Plural/polygamy blessed confirmed) into thy bosom, (heart) and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah;

(God declared i blessed you david and gave you your masters castle and his WIVES. Not his “wife” he said WIVES….sssss plural. And saul had about 12 wives and David they were now his after sauls death. To do with as he pleased so long as he took care of them as THEIR husand.)

The woman cant have multiple husbands. But the man was blessed to have multiple wives. This should tell you that society today is backwards and confused and haters of God. Especially modern day women. Who truly believe theyre on tge same level as men when God says no they are not. They are servants of men, and a good assistant for men. Period. To be a companion and help pro create and give them plenty of intimacy according to Proverbs 5:18-19

This is the duty of woman aka her place…. With the man. Not his boss or overseer. But his fervant and loyal lover. so if you got a woman? Get her in check and quit simping. And if she has issues with following the ways of God and respecting her place under you? Then get rid of her and find someone who will. Do not let them have power of you. And do not have shame when you tell them their place with you.

You want her to fight you and get uptight about it because its exposing her and making your job easier. Theres no greater feeling then a woman who humbly submits to you and understands her place and loyally loves you and serves you always. As you love her and do your duties as a man for her.

There is no better sex then the sex of a submissive and cheerfully submissive wife. Its undefiled and a blessing from God so enjoy it all the days of your life.

Proverbs 5:19
Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth. Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts (body) satisfy thee at ALL times; and be thou ravished always with her love.”

See that? Dont let a jezebel fool you and make you feel bad for embracing your nature as a male on this earth? God wants you to emjoy her body at all times and he wants her in full submission to you. You have never experienced tru love until you have developed this spirit in a woman. It takes a minute to get them out of modern day corrupt society and female dominant philosophies which are not of God. God is pro patriarchy. Heck God is pro “mysoginy”. But women with the eve rebellious spirit and jezebel spirits hate this and will never. And thus suffer a rude awakening during judgment day.

Like he said many will be scrambling then they see their friends and family females dropping like flies in that day and realising they may be next. They wont be saying “no man owns me, or ill never share a man with another woman” in that day. Theyll be begging to so they can hitch a ride of salvation through armageddon.

New testament paul stated a woman shall be saved in child birth. Meaning a woman is saved by her husband.

1 timothy 2:11-15

“Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection (humble submission/no attitude or back talk).

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, (dont tell men what to do) but to be in silence.

For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. (God has cursed woman to be in full submission because of eves rebelliousness and tempting adam to sin against God) men will do anything for their woman sadly. And get caught up in captain save a you know what. They dont realise theyve gave up their rightful Godly power and position over her and are not supppsed to be controlled by the woman. Its supposed to be the other way around. Youre the one supposed to put her on the couch and not give her any when she acts up. Youre supposed to kick her out of YOUR bed and treat yourself as the more valuable piece in the relationship. The true woman of God understands this and embraces this. But the wicked woman will not. Shell run to her other wicked and confused friends for support of her bs and manipulation tactics and think shes right because she has a pack of liars and haters of God in agreement with her. And the government on her side because modern marriage is evil and mainly against the righteous and blessed by God patriarchy of men. The government says no. Its evil.

Thats how you know what time were in. Time of the gentiles.

So stop simping for women and be a man. The right one for you will fall in line. Keep your emotions in check and play chess not checkers and you will always be in control of the situation with the woman. Let them call you a “creep” or an “ahole”. Guilt trip tactics. But God says youre well within your right so never have shame in your natural alpha spirit. Women dont like push overe either. They womt stop until you do something about it and change your energy attitude and approach and control the situation. Let them know youre not aftaid to lose them and that its not difficult to find another partner. If theyre easy to leave you after that because youre telling them the ways of God and they dont want to hear it? So be it. Dont shed not one tear for her. She cant respect you to fulfill her role with you? You cant respect her to fulfill yours.

It starts with them. Not us. Remember God said he made woman for the man not man for the woman.

Were too busy trying to be “perfect” for very flawed confused and indecisive individuals. (Women) and never holding them accountable because we fear theyll leave us. So? Let them leave. You dont want intimacy if it doesnt come with her spirit of humble submission and loyalty and joy with serving you. Thats the intimacy that fulfills a man truly,

Not your low self esteem and youre just happy she finally decided to “give you some” which belongs to you anyway the moment she decided to sleep with you (which is the marriage technically, is the sex) then they had the celebration and party to make it publicly known of the union.

Anyways finishing up this post now.

“Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.”

(Woman is saved by her husband….and how she treate him. Remember it was said wives submit to their husband as they submit to the church. It gave the order of heads and who is over who. God, christ, man, women, children.

Thats the order. And it was stated wives treat their men as if christ was their husband.

Shes supposed to treat you as if you were christ. Ofcourse nobody is not even close. But thats what should be the goal and how she looks at you. Do you think a wife of christ would back talk him? Make disrespectful jokes? Be manipulative and attitudy against him and his will?

Heck no…. They would be respectfully silent, (watch their mouth and think before they speak) smiling, happy go lucky robots in service of him. Thats how theyre to treat you. Thats a wife to finish up the point on how a wife should reverence her husband and that men have to STOP SIMPINING and worshipping women. Only worship them when they have eaned and deserved it based on how they treat you.

You wont find this in a worldly woman you need to first have a good heart for God and great knowledge of his word, be a good person and find a church style woman who knows of this. It wont work with non believers. They are wreckless and cant be stopped because they have no foundation and are lawless and could careless about God and in todays society the way things are set up? A man has to sell out his true nature to be with those kind of women. And its not worth it.

Once you realise intimacy is for you? Its not a privealage. You wont feel compelled to break your back for women who hate the natural order of things and the man being the lord over her. You will be her female dog… and any man who fears God that doesnt sit well with them. Those type of women fear these type of men. Were their kryptonite because nothing they can say can penetrate what we know and what its supposed to be as God is our foundation and root and emotions wont penetrate that or move that mountain of a spirit. Its submit or get out. Period.

Polygamy also takes a way much more power from the women also. Women are in for a rude awakening when God establishes his kingdom. Gone will be the days we are familiar with now where women rule over men like the bible said would happen.

Now finishing up the polygamy being blessed by God point (ive not forgot) finishing up the curse of David for adultery in samuel.

“and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.”

(He gave david the castle and the multiple wives to do with as he pleased (if he wanted to have sex with one wife a day, on a consecutive looping repeat. He could do just that and was perfectly in his moral right)

Women kill me with that why are you looking at other women? I should be enough for you. They dont realise hpw natural polygamy was and this why “men “cheat” because naturally were wired to be with more then one woman. But women have an evious thirst for power and control and fear submission its that eve and jezebel spirit. Eve caused death to come into the world and brought a curse upon her pwn body in child birth for conspiring to havd adam do against God. God made the woman pay for that and commamded the man rule over her and tell her what to do. Not the other way around.

Dont let the womens rights movemeny fool you. Same as the lbgtq rights. Its rooted in wickedness and vain aspirations against the will of God.

But like darth vader said to director krennic in rogue one (if youre a star wars fan, im a huge fan) vader force choked himmand said be careful not to choke on your aspirations….. director.

Well the women choked on their aspirations as we gave in and gave them their power today but at the cost of our role. There is no equality 50-50 that does not exist.

I belive in being fair however and give and take. My wife is very submissive to me. She has her moments but as a rule she serves her role and understands it. There is no 50-50. I give her when im ready to give her based off how she serves me. She doesnt command of me but i respectfully command of her usually in a soft tone. I dont meed to yell or be annahole. I just tell her what i want and i get it. And i reward her as a result. So she trusts me and is happy in the role. This happens when both genders try to fully embrace theirvrespective roles God has for eachother. Man leads woman submits. Man submits when woman does her job well without attitude.)

Back to david…

“Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon. Now therefore the sword (curse) shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife.”

In conclusion the point was proving polygamy was blessed by God.

See God declared he gave him the multiple wives and said of that wasnt enough i wouldve given you more wives. The most neautiful women in all of israel. Spiritually and physically.

Were talking dimes. Stacked physical bodies, with soft sensual humble voices and submissive personalities.

David was supposed to knocked himself out. But pride and ego and arrogance crept in and he felt it good for him to take another man (a friend of his at that) one and only wife.

See it was generally the rich who practiced polygamy because they could afford to take care of the wives equally.

The poor of less fortunate financially generally had 1-3 wives.

In this case uriah had one, bathsheba. And david took her from him and enforced his power on her and impregnated her and conspired to have the secret hidden so mucg he had uriah fight in an suicide war battle where he died in and never found out.

God madd david pay for this sin of adultery, lie and murder.

Not polygamy. David was not in trouble and wouldve been perfect had he just dealt with his own plenty wives and he couldve even got more if that wasnt enough.

Personally i think 12 with a few more is a nice rotation to have at your disposal on a daily basis.

In conclusion point proven. Polygamy was blessed by God. God is not giving anyone sin and blessing them to commit it without consequences. It doesnt work that way. This is called common sense. Polygamy was blessed. It became unlawful not from Gods will but from gentile governments instituting it as population control. And forcing the people to not do it.

But it will be established again after judgmentday.

Wootah
Savant

Post #68

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to collin88x in post #67]

Where is polygamy spoken of in a positive light in the Bible?

If you read Cain's descendants there is a theme in verse 23 where Lamech says to his wives, whoever kills Cain the revenge is 7 fold but whoever kills Lamech is 70 fold. Cain's wicked line can be seen to be multiplying and magnifying sin and there in verse 23 Lamech (the bad guy) has multiple wives. It's at the least not a positive light.
Isaiah 4:1-2
“And in that day (post armageddon) seven women (multiple wives) shall take hold of one man, (singular) saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, (wife) to take away our reproach.”
That's a massive misunderstanding of Isaiah. Are these women of Zion being cast in a positive light?
16 The Lord says,
“The women of Zion are haughty,
walking along with outstretched necks,
flirting with their eyes,
strutting along with swaying hips,
with ornaments jingling on their ankles.
17 Therefore the Lord will bring sores on the heads of the women of Zion;
the Lord will make their scalps bald.”

18 In that day the Lord will snatch away their finery: the bangles and headbands and crescent necklaces, 19 the earrings and bracelets and veils, 20 the headdresses and anklets and sashes, the perfume bottles and charms, 21 the signet rings and nose rings, 22 the fine robes and the capes and cloaks, the purses 23 and mirrors, and the linen garments and tiaras and shawls.

24 Instead of fragrance there will be a stench;
inIsaiah 60:21-22stead of a sash, a rope;
instead of well-dressed hair, baldness;
instead of fine clothing, sackcloth;
instead of beauty, branding.
25 Your men will fall by the sword,
your warriors in battle.
26 The gates of Zion will lament and mourn;
destitute, she will sit on the ground.

4 1 In that day seven women
will take hold of one man
and say, “We will eat our own food
and provide our own clothes;
only let us be called by your name.
Take away our disgrace!”
The whole thing is saying so many men will be killed the women will be so desperate for a husband they will endure polygamy and even care for themselves. It is a position of disgrace and shows how disgraced Israel will be.

---

Isaiah 60:21-22 - seems a massive misreading of polygamy into the text when it is not there.

---
Deuteronomy 21:15-17
If a (israelite) man have two wives, (polygamy) one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, both the beloved and the hated; and if the firstborn son be hers that was hated?
Similar to the laws on divorce (and quite frankly most of the law in general) it is written because we are hard of heart and so to mitigate sin. God would prefer to not write these laws if our hearts were good. A better understanding is that God is making sure that a bad person, a polygamist, does not mistreat the children further.

---

You can point to David, Solomon, and Abraham. All had multiple wives. Never was that part of their good works. It was always part of their failure.

---

Proverbs also says do not drink water from another well. Meaning be faithful to the wife of your youth

Proverbs 5:18 May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.
Malachi 2:14 but you say, “Why does he not?” Because the Lord was witness between you and the wife of your youth, to whom you have been faithless, though she is your companion and your wife by covenant. 15 aDid he not make them one, with a portion of the Spirit in their union?6 And what was the one God7 seeking? 8 godly offspring. So guard yourselves9 in your spirit, and let none of you be faithless to the wife of your youth. 16 “For the man who does not love his wife but divorces her,10 says the Lord, the God of Israel, covers11 his garment with violence, says the Lord of hosts. So guard yourselves in your spirit, and do not be faithless.”

How can you be faithful to your wife if you marry another. There is no common sense in your argument.

--

The thing is I get it. A man with resources is very attractive to women. Women are hypergamous and because of their nature will be willing to share a man who can provide for their children. Elon Musk has 11 children so far with 4 or 5 women. But God is faithful to his people even though we are like harots or prostititutes and chase after any idol (man) that we think can provide for us. And yet God does not create another bride or have multiple wives (the church is the bride). In fact being polygamous is saying you are like God.
Last edited by Wootah on Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: Sex Before Marriage is NOT a sin in the bible!!

Post #69

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Sex is only a sin when you're doing it right.

There's no need to fret what the religious busybody thinks about it - they'll eventually find em something to condemn you for.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin