Not according to the covenant that I made ..

Getting to know more about a particular group

Moderator: Moderators

Artur Axmann
Banned
Banned

Not according to the covenant that I made ..

Post #1

Post by Artur Axmann »

The New Testament makes the point that the nation of Israel , by rejecting God and Christ has dissolved the Old Covenant. New Testament scriptures quote God as making a New Covenant with a new promise of salvation in Christ.

"8:10 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers, in the day when I took them by the hand out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. "

No wonder Israelis reject the New Testament and that Israel forbids even quoting from it in their schools? Government-funded groups have organized public burnings of copies of the New Testament, and laws provide for criminal prosecution and five-year imprisonment for Christians who seek to convert Israelis . It seems very strange , of that many Christians are have the view that Israelis are still the "chosen people."

. The fact that some Christian leaders lend moral and financial support to a nation that hates and oppresses Christians is testimony to the penetration and subversion of Zionist power and influence - THE MEDIA can make peope act against their own best interests.
The Israeli claim that God gave them the land of Israel is propaganda. When at least three-quarters of Israelis don´t believe in God in the first place. (Israeli government statistics say 85 percent do not believe in God.) How can a God that they don´t believe in, promise them the HOLY land. Far from being a religious promise, Israel´s creation came not from divine intervention, but from Zionist intrigue that began during the First World War.

cnorman18

Re: Not according to the covenant that I made ..

Post #2

Post by cnorman18 »

Artur Axmann wrote: No wonder Israelis reject the New Testament and that Israel forbids even quoting from it in their schools? Government-funded groups have organized public burnings of copies of the New Testament, and laws provide for criminal prosecution and five-year imprisonment for Christians who seek to convert Israelis. It seems very strange , of that many Christians are have the view that Israelis are still the "chosen people."
A tissue of falsehoods and distortions. The "burning" allegation is apparently based on a single incident, wherein a group of ultra-Orthodox (Haredi) students burned some New Testaments, rather like American Fundamentalists burning Korans, which act did NOT have the sponsorship or the approval of the Israeli government.

From Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

"The Foreign Ministry condemns the recent burning of the New Testament in Or Yehuda and views it as contrary to the values of the State of Israel as a democratic Jewish state that grants freedom of religion and freedom of worship to all its citizens."

No idea where the claim that it's illegal to quote the NT comes from; it is perfectly legal to change religions in Israel, though it is illegal to proselytize CHILDREN -- for anyone, Jews included.

The rest of your post seems to be a rehash of hoary old antisemitic stereotypes about Jewish control of the media, the banks, etc., etc....

(yawn)

Let's see your SOURCES. Should be most illuminating.

bluethread
Savant

Post #3

Post by bluethread »

Even if one rejects the biblical claim, which many secular Jews do, the claim of the "Palestinians" has no more validity than Zionism. The "Palestinians" are just the refugees that were driven out of Jordan after the British partitioning. The jumble of conquest that was the two great wars of the 20th century, left the middle east and eastern Europe without clearly defined borders. In fact, prior to WWI Empires controlled the middle east and eastern Europe all the way back to the Roman Empire and beyond. Therefore, arguments over "defined borders" are generally self serving.

With the possible exception of Turkey, Israel is the only nation in the middles east that is not a feudal kingdom. Though there are preferences for hereditary Jews, Israel is a democratic republic with many civil rights that are nonexistent in the surrounding countries. So, it is puzzling to me that the "human rights" people oppose Israel in favor of the Arabs states.

Artur Axmann
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Artur Axmann »

dianaiad
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by dianaiad »

Moderator Comment

One line comments that do not advance the conversation are not appropriate. Please expand your thoughts when you reply.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.