Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

99percentatheism
Banned
Banned

Produce "Pro gay (or LGBT)" scripture

Post #1

Post by 99percentatheism »

Very simple.:The movement to homosexualize The Church, to celebrate and encourage people to engage in homosexuality, including the redefining of marriage even, has been going on for a few decades now. With of course the expected schism by those Christians that cannot be part of that.

So, simply, for those that support homosexuality, "gay pride," and those that define themselves by the sex act or desire for it (Gays, Lesbians, and Bi-Sexuals), produce the open and unambiguous scriptural support New Testament or Old Testament . . . for "Christians" to engage in, support and promote homosexuality.

Wordleymaster1
Apprentice

Re: Missed?

Post #31

Post by Wordleymaster1 »

[Replying to post 30 by 99percentatheism]
The tactic you are employing is old hat.
I guess telling the truth is 'an old hat'?
There are multi threads and posts here that ridicule and accuse Christians of not only being wrong, but accuse them of all sorts of hateful things.
Christians can be a hateful bunch at times.
There is no justification for those charges.
Protested funeral members and people burned at the stake would likely disagree.
The Biblical reality about homosexuality perfectly defends those in the opposition of it.
Thus the reason for your BAIT THREAD
Your point (and charge) is refuted by people like Danmark, who at least make an attempt at supplying scripture to show support for homosexuality.
A failed attempt doesn't make the reasonsing for it valid. Nor does it make your BAITH THREAD any less than that.
And reminiscent of Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormon movements, there is a kind of "gay Christian" position based on those reinterpretations of scripture. And although the gay theology he supplies does not make the case for homosexualizing The Church, it does at least put your charge against me to rest.
:-k So because the his provided theology doesn't meet your standards, my showing your thread for what it is needs to be laid to rest?

Bottom ______:
You know that no matter what twists one can spin a piece of scripture into, there is NO scripture that says 'Gay is OK' so you create a thread asking for this nonexistent scripture to be provided and THEN refute all interpertations that are different than yours, then proclaim victory and this isn't a BAIT THREAD?!?
:lol:
Really? #-o

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #32

Post by Danmark »

99percentatheism wrote: Danmark
"Homosexualize' is not even a word. It is an attempted neologism. In fact, so is the word 'homosexual' which was coined by a German psychologist in the 19th Century.
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/homosexuality/
Obviously I know that. My knowledge of this subject can't be ignored. As you prove. Homosexualize is a perfectly accurate description. As is homosexual. As you obviously are aware of.
The word does not appear in an English language translation until the RSV in 1946.
The word Paul used in Corinthians, ἀ�σενοκοῖται, was likely his own neologism and the word has been used to convey different meanings than Paul's by other ancient writers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_ ... osexuality
It is a word meaning men having sex together. And it is a condemnation with no historical doubt. Stonewall isn't going to change that.
I note an abundance of personal opinion in your response, including the portions I've redacted, but almost no actual analysis.

You claim "homosexualize" is a word and "is a perfectly accurate description."
Description of what? What does "homosexualize" mean to you?

You write:
Obviously I know that. My knowledge of this subject can't be ignored.
I don't know that at all. What you call your "knowledge" is a lot of stuff that just ain't so. Your mere opinions and claims do not constitute "knowledge." I certainly do not recognize you as an authority. Do you want to share your curriculum vitae with us?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #33

Post by Divine Insight »

99percentatheism wrote: There are multi threads and posts here that ridicule and accuse Christians of not only being wrong, but accuse them of all sorts of hateful things. There is no justification for those charges. The Biblical reality about homosexuality perfectly defends those in the opposition of it.
This not true.

The fact that there is nothing in the bible about "pro gay or LGBT" does not automatically justify your condemnation of people in Jesus' name.

That's baloney.

Daniel the Dragon has already produced scripture that violates your agenda.
DanieltheDragon wrote: [Replying to post 21 by 99percentatheism]

Romans 15:7

Therfore accept one another just as Christ accepted us.

Romans 14:3 is in a similar vein.

The NT message is to accept all. For your argument to be true you would have to find a contradiction in scripture.
Where in Christianity does Jesus appoint you to be the judge of other people in his name?

No one needs to produce "pro gay scripture" to justify their belief that Jesus or God will accept their personal relationships. If they believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit (the Christian Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), and they feel accepted by Jesus and God and the Holy Spirit, then who are you to pass judgement using dogma as your weapon of hatred?

At best, all you can do is say, "Well I personally don't see where the Bible says this is OK so I wouldn't personally do it."

That is really all you can do.

For you to try to ram your beliefs down the throats of others is wrong.

Nobody is demanding that you become gay.

It's not your place as a Christian to act like the police force for God and Jesus. On the contrary, as a Christian your place is to let Jesus be the judge.

So by trying to condemn people simply because they can't find anything in the Bible that specifically speaks directly to their situation is nothing more than an attempt to use the Bible as a means of condemnation in the name of God.

Is that your idea of what Christianity is all about? :-k

Condemning people in the name of Jesus and God?

I think that very attitude is precisely what turns people away from this religion.

Jesus came to save the world, not condemn the world.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Condemning people in the name of Jesus is about as anti-Christian as a person can be.

And that's basically what you are doing here. You are proclaiming that if gay people can't find pro-gay scriptures in the Bible then you are vindicated in condemning them in the name of Jesus Christ.

That's not biblical either.

How about YOU producing scriptures that give you the authority to condemn people in Jesus' name?
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #34

Post by Danmark »

Divine Insight wrote:
Condemning people in the name of Jesus is about as anti-Christian as a person can be.

And that's basically what you are doing here. You are proclaiming that if gay people can't find pro-gay scriptures in the Bible then you are vindicated in condemning them in the name of Jesus Christ.

How about YOU producing scriptures that give you the authority to condemn people in Jesus' name?
How about Luke 18?
9 He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: 10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed[a] thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.�
Nope, that's not it.
Maybe Romans 14:1-23
As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.
No, I think I missed again.
Let's try Matthew 7:1-5
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."
I still read my Bible. I'm looking for loopholes.

99percentatheism
Banned
Banned

Post #35

Divine Insight wrote:
99percentatheism wrote:
There are multi threads and posts here that ridicule and accuse Christians of not only being wrong, but accuse them of all sorts of hateful things. There is no justification for those charges. The Biblical reality about homosexuality perfectly defends those in the opposition of it.

This not true.

The fact that there is nothing in the bible about "pro gay or LGBT" does not automatically justify your condemnation of people in Jesus' name.

That's baloney.

Daniel the Dragon has already produced scripture that violates your agenda.

DanieltheDragon wrote:
[Replying to post 21 by 99percentatheism]

Romans 15:7

Therefore accept one another just as Christ accepted us.

Romans 14:3 is in a similar vein.

The NT message is to accept all. For your argument to be true you would have to find a contradiction in scripture.

Where in Christianity does Jesus appoint you to be the judge of other people in his name?

No one needs to produce "pro gay scripture" to justify their belief that Jesus or God will accept their personal relationships. If they believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit (the Christian Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), and they feel accepted by Jesus and God and the Holy Spirit, then who are you to pass judgement using dogma as your weapon of hatred?

At best, all you can do is say, "Well I personally don't see where the Bible says this is OK so I wouldn't personally do it."

That is really all you can do.

For you to try to ram your beliefs down the throats of others is wrong.

You really want to use that analogy?

Nobody is demanding that you become gay.

Just to promote, encourage and celebrate per secular law. Caesar's realm.

It's not your place as a Christian to act like the police force for God and Jesus. On the contrary, as a Christian your place is to let Jesus be the judge.

Prove that theological position please? So, you are saying that it is the place of a Christian to promote and support ANYTHING GOES? I'd like to see that scripture.

So by trying to condemn people simply because they can't find anything in the Bible that specifically speaks directly to their situation is nothing more than an attempt to use the Bible as a means of condemnation in the name of God.

Is that your idea of what Christianity is all about? :-k

Condemning people in the name of Jesus and God?

Prove that I am actually doing that. I never "invoke the name of Jesus" against the Gay Agenda. I don't need to. Scripture was not written by me. But it was written by Christians about proper Christian behaviors., etc., etc.. Homosexuality has no support anywhere in the New Testament.

It would be like you accusing me of being a Cop because I believe S T O P means stop.

I think that very attitude is precisely what turns people away from this religion.

The ANYTHING GOES of secular morality is what is turning people away from religion. The Humanist Agenda has done well . . . so to speak. It (secularism/humanism) also totally supports homosexuals and homosexuality.

Know your camps is important to living a Christian life. That we are called ignorant is laughable. We come from the world and its ways.

Jesus came to save the world, not condemn the world.

Do you believe that?

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

If you get that right then you are on the right path.

That is just one long ad hom attack in my opinion. No name of Jesus need apply. The only tool left in the adversary bag is the ad hom when all else has failed them to prove their case.

"I" am not judging anyone. "I" am not speaking for Jesus. And where does Jesus "judge relationships?" Judgement for what one does is an individual event is it not? Where does the theology find support that a group stands before Jesus at judgment day?

It is hardly honest to say that there is going to be an "Occupy Judgment Day" movement where a crowd of activists are screaming at Jesus to be "affirming" of sin and sinning.

Try to find one post of mine, since the ad hom is so often employed against me, where I declare that a person that engages in homosexuality cannot be saved, or is not a Christian if they proclaim that?

Read Matthew chapter 10 and get back to me.

And "I" am not asking for an apology from you or anyone else. Truth is all that is needed.

But inventing a new pro gay religion and calling it Christianity, well, then THAT can be tested. Sin and sinning does not disqualify a person from being a Christian. If it did, then no one can be a Christian. But heresy and false teachings are to be defended against AS A Christian duty and defined as such in the New Testament.
Last edited by 99percentatheism on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

99percentatheism
Banned
Banned

Post #36

Danmark
Divine Insight wrote:

How about Luke 18?
9 He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: 10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed[a] thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.�
Humbleness? "GAY PRIDE?" The movement that demands that they were born with the right to sin and to promote it? DEMAND IT?

Whereas the Christians that preach repentance are doing exactly as the humble man in the parable. They examine themselves first and foremost and then keep to the truth about sin and sinning. It is the gay position that is proud and justified before the Lord not only as they walk into the Temple but leave it as well. In fact, we have a thread here about the justification of homosexuality because people are "born that way." Precisely as the Pharisee is demanding his stature before the Lord in the scriptures YOU reference.

How many times does one need to repent of their sin to be forgiven of it?
Nope, that's not it.
How prophetic. You are absolutely right. "Gay Pride Movement?" Says it all.
Maybe Romans 14:1-23
How about Romans 1?

But let's see what you offer and if it can justify Gay Pride?
As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.
Hmm, Peter had a dream about foods that were unclean being OK moving forward. But not one word about sexual behavior. Paul talks about it too.
No, I think I missed again.
Without doubt.

Let's try Matthew 7:1-5
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."
I don't engage in homosexuality, nor do I promote the behavior of engaging in homosexuality.

Let's see how Paul answers your theology of promoting sins because questioning them is somehow hateful? Sounds like two blind men falling into a pit to me. Kind of rings of another parable???
I still read my Bible. I'm looking for loopholes.
That is self evident.

Here is Paul on your theology:
When one of you has a grievance against another, does he dare go to law before the unrighteous instead of the saints?

Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life! So if you have such cases, why do you lay them before those who have no standing in the church?

I say this to your shame.

Can it be that there is no one among you wise enough to settle a dispute between the brothers, but brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers? To have lawsuits at all with one another is already a defeat for you.

Why not rather suffer wrong?

Why not rather be defrauded?

But you yourselves wrong and defraud—even your own brothers!

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Flee Sexual Immorality:

“All things are lawful for me,� but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,� but I will not be dominated by anything. “Food is meant for the stomach and the stomach for food�—and God will destroy both one and the other. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. And God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? Never! Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, “The two will become one flesh.� But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him. Flee from sexual immorality.

Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

1 Corinthians 6 ESV

Wordleymaster1
Apprentice

Post #37

Post by Wordleymaster1 »

[Replying to post 35 by 99percentatheism]
Just to promote, encourage and celebrate per secular law.
How does legal rights (assuming that's what you mean by law) makes you celebrate anything?
The ANYTHING GOES of secular morality is what is turning people away from religion.
Prove that this anything goes morality is turning people away from religion with data and facts.
Personally I've seen more people turn their noses at a religion that allows its priest to touch young boys with little to no punishment than a 'anything goes' thinking.
But I'd like to see your proof to support your claim
[Replying to post 36 by 99percentatheism]
The movement that demands that they were born with the right to sin and to promote it? DEMAND IT?
It's only promoting to those who fear it. To those who understand it it's simply life.
Sin is an individual responsibility. With your free will, you should be able to see that, yes?

No one is forcing you to accept anything. Don't like it? Protest it. Don't do it. Once gay people are accepted into Christianity (and YES it's happening even as you read this) you will be on the fringe much like the WBBC if you're not already. Which is fine with me.
To the topic of the thread: scripture is open for interpertation. How you interpert it may not be how someone else does. How we EACH interpert it is OUR responsibility. You may not like it, but that's the way it is.
You're free to stomp your foot and scream about how wrong everyone but you is - at least in the USA. And that too is fine. But you're in for a long life of 'foot stomping and screaming' in this area. :lol:

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #38

Post by Danmark »

You used homosexualize in the OP. Yet you refuse to define it.

You've posted twice after I wrote:

"You claim "homosexualize" is a word and "is a perfectly accurate description."
Description of what? What does "homosexualize" mean to you?"

Yet you haven't answered.

By the way, I think you misunderstad the meaning of "gay pride." The word was coined because people who are gay were both verbally and physically assaulted and shamed for feeling different and unworthy, inferior human beings. One need not be gay himself to understand the impact this has on children, particularly when they are in the minority and feel even more isolated because so many other children who share the same feelings are in denial.

I posted one of those stories on this forum, about an All American football player, Dave Kopay. His story is typical.
"I was never thinking I was a gay man, because I just wasn't like 'one of them,' " Kopay says. "Just talking about it like that almost reinforces the utter bullshit that society uses to identify gay folks. I didn't have the knowledge or strength to take it on then, and even after I did take it on, there were many, many times that it almost consumed me and took me into deep, deep depression. I grew to really appreciate the thousands of letters people sent me telling their own stories, but sometimes even that wasn't enough."

When Kopay came out three years after retiring from football, he had no intention of becoming an advocate for gay rights. Nine years in the NFL had formed a public image of Kopay as a lunch-pail-tough character. Blue-collar and overachieving, he blended perfectly into the NFL of that era, a sport built on collisions and brutality, where introspection and self-awareness were unwelcome visitors. Even today, the league remains a world where toughness is prized, and where weakness, defined within its narrow parameters, is not to be tolerated. In the 33 years since Kopay announced his homosexuality, not one active professional football player has followed suit.

After reading a series in the now-defunct Washington Star on gay athletes, the hypocrisy simply became too much for him. The stories had used anonymous sources, and Kopay felt that if an accurate portrayal of being gay in professional sports were to be written, it needed a face. That's how he came to call the reporter, Lynn Rosellini (the daughter of former Washington governor Albert Rosellini, '32, '33), who wrote the series. He followed that interview by co-writing The David Kopay Story, his landmark autobiography, which made him a sought-after public speaker and an activist for gay rights.
http://www.washington.edu/alumni/column ... kopay.html
"Gay Pride" was a movement to try and combat those feelings of isolation, rejection, and shame foisted on them by those who talk about their nature as sinful and outside society's bounds.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #39

Post by Divine Insight »

99percentatheism wrote: Humbleness? "GAY PRIDE?" The movement that demands that they were born with the right to sin and to promote it? DEMAND IT?
But that's not what they are doing. That's your own hateful accusation toward them. You are the one who is demanding that they are promoting "sin". They do not agree with your judgment of them. They do not agree that their natural desire to have an intimate relationship with someone of the same sex is a "sin". You are the one who is shoving that down their throats. You are the one who is DEMANDING that they are committing a sin. You are passing judgements on other people in the name of Jesus and God. It's as simple as that.

In fact, while I'm on this topic I'd like to point out one very good reason why I see Christianity as being two-faced.

Jesus taught that we are not to judge others and that we should not cast the first stone. Yet here you are leading the mob and casting the first stone at gay people. You are judging them to be sinners and metaphorically stoning them to death in character by condemning them in the name of Jesus and your Church.

You are not doing as Jesus taught, IMHO.

Now it is true, that you can quote Jesus as saying that he did not come to change the law, and that not one jot nor one tittle shall pass from law, and therefore you can use Jesus coupled with the Old Testament to judge, condemn and continue to stone sinners to death even if only in character. But therein lies the problem with Christianity IMHO.

In this case Jesus is being used as nothing more than a pasty to justify the Old Testament hatred.

This is why I say that Jesus was crucified twice. The first time he was nailed to a pole physically and killed. The second time was when the authors of the New Testament nailed him to the Old Testament as the only begotten Son of the God of the Old Testament.

As long as Jesus is nailed to the Old Testament there will always be Christians who use Jesus as a pasty to spread the hatred of the Old Testament. It's unavoidable. Especially when they can refer to quotes like him saying that he did not come to change the law and that not one jot or one tittle shall pass from law.

This allows anyone to use Jesus (and Christianity in General) to do precisely what you are using it for. To condemn other people in the name of God. There are even Christian Evangelists who actually preach that gays should be put to death as it teaches in the Old Testament for this very reason.

This is a huge problem with Christianity. Precisely because the New Testament has Jesus proclaiming that he did not come to change the laws, and that not one jot nor one tittle shall pass from law until heaven and earth pass, then there will always be Christians who use Jesus as fodder for preaching Old Testament bigotries.

But the problem with that is that if it really is true that not one jot nor one tittle of the Old Testament shall pass from law, then this makes the teachings of Jesus null and void. In fact, for Jesus to teach people not to judge one another would be the greatest blaspheme against the Old Testament because the Old Testament not only requires the people judge each other but it DEMANDS they judge each other and actually stone the sinners to death.

Both Jesus and the Old Testament cannot simultaneously be true.

This is a serious problem with this religion.

You can't judge people, condemn them, and stone them to death (even if only in character) whilst simultaneously refrain from judging them, condemning them, and stoning them to death.

In other words, it's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to obey the teachings of Jesus and the teachings of the Old Testament simultaneously.

Many Christians ignore the words attributed to Jesus about not coming to change the law and the bit about nary a jot and tittle shall pass from law until heaven and earth pass. And instead they pretend that Jesus brought a NEW COVENANT of different laws of behavior. Fortunately this is actually the view of the overwhelming majority of Christians.

But there will always be fundamentalists who use Jesus as an excuse to continue to hold up the teachings of the Old Testament over and above the teachings of Jesus.

The whole religion is an oxymoron just on this one point alone.

It's impossible to follow both the teachings of Jesus and the teachings of the Old Testament simultaneously.

You can't both Judge people and not Judge them simultaneously.

You can't both Condemn people and not Condemn them simultaneously.

You can't both Stone people to death (even if only in character) and not stone them to death simultaneously.

So ultimately the solution to this problem, is not to be found within Christianity, but rather it's to be found in the fact that Christianity is inconsistent and contradictory.

The teachings of Jesus become null and void if your going to use Jesus as an excuse to uphold that commandments of the Old Testament.

Jesus preached not to judge others, to forgive other people or their sins, to turn the other cheek, and not to cast the first stone.

You can't be going around preaching judgment of others and socially condemning them as sinners, and simultaneously claim to be following the teachings of Jesus.

This is like Hitler who used Christianity as an excuse to commit genocide on the Jews because they are heathens who refuse to acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God.

You're basically doing the same thing with gays. You are using Christianity as an excuse to commit social genocide (even if only in character) against gays in the name of Jesus.

This is just another version of witch burnings. It's really no different at all.

I mean after all 99, the Bible says, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live". So if we follow your lead, not only should we be condemning gays in the name of Jesus, but we should still be burning witches as well.

Where do we draw the line?

And there are passages in the Old Testament as posted in this thread Should homosexuals be executed? that clearly commands that homosexuals should be killed.

I mean, if we really want to use Jesus and the Bible we could indeed justify killing gays.

Where does it stop?

Is this Christianity?

If so, then I think people are right when they say that it is an extremely dangerous religion.

If we accept your views on Christianity 99, what's to stop us from going to this extreme? We can use Jesus as an excuse to revive the entire Old Testament completely. And just ignore what Jesus actually taught altogether.

IMHO 99, people like you are a perfect example of precisely how dangerous these religions can truly be. You may not be calling for the genocide of gays, but then the question needs to be asked "Why not?". What's stopping you from enforcing the Bible IN FULL?

What is stopping you from doing what OnceConvinced has suggested?
OnceConvinced wrote: If you're gonna execution homosexuals because of what the bible says, then you should also kill the following:

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests (Deuteronomy 17:12)
Kill Witches (Exodus 22:17)
Kill Fortunetellers (Leviticus 20:27)
Death for Hitting parents (Exodus 21:15)
Death for Cursing Parents (Proverbs 20:20, (Leviticus 20:9)
Death for Adultery (Leviticus 20:10)
Death for Fornication (Leviticus 21:9)
Death to Followers of Other Religions (Exodus 22:19, Deuteronomy 13:7-12)
Kill Nonbelievers (2 Chronicles 15:12-13)
Kill False Prophets (Zechariah 13:3, Deuteronomy 13:1-5)
Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God (Deuteronomy 13:13-19)
Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night (Deuteronomy 22:20-21) – which would include the majority of Christian women these days.
Death for Blasphemy (Leviticus 24:10-16)
Kill People for Working on the Sabbath' (Exodus 31:12-15)
Kill Sons of Sinners (Isaiah 14:21)
Why are you picking on gays when you can pick on all these other people with equal vengeance in the name of Jesus?

Especially these three:

Kill Nonbelievers (2 Chronicles 15:12-13)
Death to Followers of Other Religions (Exodus 22:19, Deuteronomy 13:7-12)
Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God (Deuteronomy 13:13-19)

You can use the Bible to condemn just about everyone. Why are you picking on gays?
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #40

Post by DanieltheDragon »

Why are you denying Jesus's instruction to accept all people? I gave you several verses. I acknowledge the bible sees gay love as a sin but it also sees lying as a sin and a wide variety of other things yet you still allow the church to accept others why does gay sex get excluded