Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

agnosticatheist
Banned
Banned

Magic and challenges

Post #1

Post by agnosticatheist »

I have a question for those who practice magic (Witchcraft, black magic, etc).

If you practice magic and do so to gain certain benefits (power, control, promotions in the workplace, the affection of another person, etc), does this not feel cheap to you?

Where's the challenge in that?

Maybe this is just my personal perspective/preference, but I enjoy challenge, struggle, etc. I like working towards a desired outcome.

Using magic almost seems like using cheat codes in a video game.

What's the point?

Using magic to bring about a desired outcome seems lazy, and maybe desperate too.

But that's just me.

Let me hear from yall.

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Magic and challenges

Post #21

Post by Divine Insight »

Yahu wrote: So Yes, we have to ask His will be done through our actions.
That's clearly the most dangerous religious philosophy on the planet.

You've just confirmed that the secularists are right about the dangers of religious beliefs.

Of course, many other religious extremists have been confirming this for centuries so it's not like you're alone in this regard. You're just adding another drop to the ocean of evidence that religious beliefs are extremely dangerous.

People have come to expect this kind of thinking from Islamic extremists, but it's less common to see it voiced from the Christian side of things.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Yahu
Banned
Banned

Post #22

Post by Yahu »

Divine Insight wrote:
Yahu wrote: So Yes, we have to ask His will be done through our actions.
That's clearly the most dangerous religious philosophy on the planet.

You've just confirmed that the secularists are right about the dangers of religious beliefs. .
It is ONLY dangerous to those that hate Yah and His law.

If you want to usurp invalid authority over others, well then face the consequences of that evil.

It is also ONLY dangerous if the authority of the words of a Christian hold power in the spiritual realms. If they don't as most people believe then what is the harm? We are not to take actions into our own hands.

We are limited by what scripture allows of us. Can we speak over the spiritual realms? Yes. Are we allowed to go hunt down witches to burn them at the stake? No, we are required to abide by civil law. Can we send their own demons back at them to execute justice? Count on it.

You have no idea how much I would have liked to hunt down the people involved in drugging, raping and impregnating my wife but did I? No, I don't have that authority. It had to be left to civil authorities, or military in my case. Could I speak death over those that violate Yah's laws in that manner? You bet and I don't know anyone in my situation that wouldn't.

If you take your own vengeance then Yah doesn't get to do His. It is better to turn their offenses over to Him and let Him be vengeance. He says , 'Vengeance is Mine.' Im not allowed to take it for myself and you know what, they suffered far greater then anything I would have done to them.

I never could have beaten and raped to death those involved in raping my wife yet turning it over to Him for vengeance they died impaled by bar bells on the prison yard, raped to death. I could never do that but I have seen justice done. And I didn't have to dirty my own hands. Let those that are evil kill others that are evil. Let rapists be raped to death. Let witches die by their own witchcraft. Let everyone reap what they sow 7x. If I had taken vengeance myself without the authority, I would earned a 7x evil done to my own life.

My own wife was guilty of seeking vengeance herself and suffered the consequences. We are not allowed to seek vengeance by our own hand but have to rely on spiritual forces to seek that vengeance by turning over the offense as an offense to Yah and ask for His vengeance be done on our behalf. That results in a far greater penalty. His will is then done through the spiritual realm by our authority to allow Him to be our vengeance on the earth.

All the rape victims of the coven confronted their rapists and they were told they were praying that they reap what they sowed and may Yah's vengeance fall on them to either drive them to repent to be forgiven or be destroyed. One of the prison gang leaders liked the idea and decided to become 'God's Wrath' against the wicked. He got all the prison gangs to unite in destroying the men that were in prison from the coven. There were so many of them, they had their own gang in prison. All other gangs united against them and destroyed them. Any of them that were former SPs were killed. The coven had recruited heavily from the Security Police Squadron to help cover up their criminal activities. Those that survived were turned into sex slaves in prison. Those that repented and became Christians were left alone.

My ex-wife had been heavily involved in the parole hearings for many years. She told that rival gang leader what they were in prison for and how many of them had been crooked cops dealing in date rape drugs and gang rape. He first thought she wanted to hire him to kill them but when he found out many were cops, he killed them on his own. Cynthia just wanted him to see that they reaped what they sowed and suffered as rapists in prison to drive them to repent. But when he heard they had planted drugs in my car in an attempt to frame me, he killed them all. His own little brother had died in prison after a crooked cop had planted drugs on him. He was in prison for killing that cop. Those that had been involved in raping my wife were also killed.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #23

Post by Divine Insight »

Yahu wrote: You have no idea how much I would have liked to hunt down the people involved in drugging, raping and impregnating my wife but did I?
And what in the world would that have to do with witchcraft or casting spells? :-k

Everything you've listed there are common mundane physical acts that any mortal criminal could do. No magical witchcraft required.

And besides where was Yah when your wife needed physical protection? :-k
Yahu wrote: If you take your own vengeance then Yah doesn't get to do His. It is better to turn their offenses over to Him and let Him be vengeance. He says , 'Vengeance is Mine.' Im not allowed to take it for myself and you know what, they suffered far greater then anything I would have done to them.
And so how does this fit in with what you had just said previously:
So Yes, we have to ask His will be done through our actions.
What actions did you have to take so that Yah's Will could be done through your actions? :-k
Yahu wrote: I never could have beaten and raped to death those involved in raping my wife yet turning it over to Him for vengeance they died impaled by bar bells on the prison yard, raped to death. I could never do that but I have seen justice done. And I didn't have to dirty my own hands.
If you didn't have to dirty your own hands then exactly what ACTION did you take so that Yah's Will could be done though your actions?
Yahu wrote: Let those that are evil kill others that are evil. Let rapists be raped to death. Let witches die by their own witchcraft. Let everyone reap what they sow 7x. If I had taken vengeance myself without the authority, I would earned a 7x evil done to my own life.
And so what action did you take in all of this then? :-k
Yahu wrote: My own wife was guilty of seeking vengeance herself and suffered the consequences. We are not allowed to seek vengeance by our own hand but have to rely on spiritual forces to seek that vengeance by turning over the offense as an offense to Yah and ask for His vengeance be done on our behalf. That results in a far greater penalty. His will is then done through the spiritual realm by our authority to allow Him to be our vengeance on the earth.
So now you are claiming that God has to wait for YOUR authority before he can do His Will? :-k

This isn't adding up.
Yahu wrote: All the rape victims of the coven confronted their rapists and they were told they were praying that they reap what they sowed and may Yah's vengeance fall on them to either drive them to repent to be forgiven or be destroyed. One of the prison gang leaders liked the idea and decided to become 'God's Wrath' against the wicked. He got all the prison gangs to unite in destroying the men that were in prison from the coven. There were so many of them, they had their own gang in prison. All other gangs united against them and destroyed them. Any of them that were former SPs were killed. The coven had recruited heavily from the Security Police Squadron to help cover up their criminal activities. Those that survived were turned into sex slaves in prison. Those that repented and became Christians were left alone.
And so now you're asking me to believe that God does his works of wrath through prison gang violence?

Why doesn't he just wait until these evil witches die and cast them into his own little furnace of hell? Or even give them a heart-attack or stroke if he's too impatient to wait?
Yahu wrote: My ex-wife had been heavily involved in the parole hearings for many years. She told that rival gang leader what they were in prison for and how many of them had been crooked cops dealing in date rape drugs and gang rape. He first thought she wanted to hire him to kill them but when he found out many were cops, he killed them on his own. Cynthia just wanted him to see that they reaped what they sowed and suffered as rapists in prison to drive them to repent. But when he heard they had planted drugs in my car in an attempt to frame me, he killed them all. His own little brother had died in prison after a crooked cop had planted drugs on him. He was in prison for killing that cop. Those that had been involved in raping my wife were also killed.
With someone like Cynthia around who needs Yahweh? :roll:

I don't see where Yahweh was required at all when all the violence and killings were done by gangs in prison.

And I still don't understand what ACTIONS you had to take on Yahweh's behalf so that Yah's Will could be done through you?
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #24

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

Yahu wrote:Christians don't 'cast curses'.
I suppose that depends on if you consider Jesus a proto-Christian of sorts, or simply a Jew. Bear in mind that he cursed a fig tree for not bearing fruit... out of season! And it withered away.

Sounds like a curse to me.
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه