Microchip

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

In the event that a microchip is designed that was going to be implanted into humans and you had to have that microchip to buy or sell anything, would that be sufficient evidence that the Bible is true?

Yes
13%
No
88%

Total votes: 16

ScioVeritas
Student

Microchip

Post #1

Post by ScioVeritas »

(If this is the wrong forum for this topic please move it to a more appropriate one)

Article: http://worldtruth.tv/scientist-believes ... ptional-2/

The thesis of the article is this: "According to researches working on human-embedded microchips it’s only a matter of time before these systems achieve widespread acceptance."

Basically the article asserts that some time in the future it will be impossible to buy or sell anything without having one of these microchips.

Revelation 13: 16-17 (NIV) It (The beast- commonly referred to among Biblical scholars as the anti-Christ) also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

Question: In the event that a microchip is designed that was going to be implanted into humans and you had to have that microchip to buy or sell anything, would that be sufficient evidence that the Bible is true? If not, would you go ahead and get the microchip?

Monta
Guru

Re: Microchip

Post #11

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 10 by catnip]

"Because I am not a literalist when it comes to Revelation, I believe the "beast" is the human ego--the person we style ourselves to be. As the "spiritual" person overcomes the "natural person", as Paul refers to it, the ego, beast, is undone.

I have no other way to say this: It is your own imperfection (666-the number 6 stands for incomplete, not perfect, contrary to the number of perfection which is 7) that is marked."

mmm I like that.

Kyrani99
Apprentice

A massive security problem for many people.

Post #12

Post by Kyrani99 »

A microchip that was interactive with the internet and which gave information about a person's whereabouts on a continuous basis would pose a massive security risk because it means that corrupt people in government could hassle the person and create serious problems for them. Of course it is possible to counter attack them mentally, but most people are not aware that they can do this.
"The Kingdom of God is within you" ~Jesus.

"To love is to know Me, thy innermost nature,
the truth that I AM!" ~Gita

I was drawn to the Beloved like a moth to a flame;
When I came to my senses I was burned up in the flame.
~ Asheq-e Esfahani

Ethics are spiritual but natural laws
http://liberatingethics.wordpress.com/

My criticism of the book “The God Delusion� by Richard Dawkins
http://kyrani99godnscience.wordpress.com/

bluethread
Savant

Post #13

Post by bluethread »

My son, the hit shot medical industry computer programmer, tells me that microchips will not be necessary. Everything will be filed using DNA for ID.

tugofwarstrum
Student

Post #14

Post by tugofwarstrum »

[Replying to ScioVeritas]

The microchip is not the mark of the beast as the technology has been out since the 1990s it's just now getting around to be used here in the US

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #15

Post by Checkpoint »

[Replying to post 1 by ScioVeritas]

Revelation 13: 16-17 (NIV) It (The beast- commonly referred to among Biblical scholars as the anti-Christ) also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

Question: In the event that a microchip is designed that was going to be implanted into humans and you had to have that microchip to buy or sell anything,
would that be sufficient evidence that the Bible is true?

No, not even close!

The similarity to the book of Revelation verses on the "mark of the beast" is purely coincidental.

That is because that book is full of symbols and metaphorical language that is not intended to be taken literally.

Monta
Guru

Post #16

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 14 by Checkpoint]

"The similarity to the book of Revelation verses on the "mark of the beast" is purely coincidental.

That is because that book is full of symbols and metaphorical language that is not intended to be taken literally."

Agreed.

I see the book of Revelation is all about the Lord's spiritual/celestial Kingdom.
The beast is the enemy. It's mark on the hand: hand - things we do, our deeds; mark on the forehead - things we think, say which are contrary to the Kingdom.
These things are the mark of the beast.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #17

Post by Checkpoint »

[Replying to post 15 by Monta]
I see the book of Revelation is all about the Lord's spiritual/celestial Kingdom.

The beast is the enemy. It's mark on the hand: hand - things we do, our deeds; mark on the forehead - things we think, say which are contrary to the Kingdom.
These things are the mark of the beast.
Indeed.

That which marks out God's enemy and his people.

A counterfeit of the true people of God, those He has sealed on their foreheads with His name.

Revelation
9:4 They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads.

14:1 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with Him 144,000 who had His name and His Father's name written on their foreheads.

22:4 They will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads.

Furrowed Brow
Site Supporter

Post #18

Post by Furrowed Brow »

[EDIT]***I'm going a bit senile. I already answered the OP back in 2015 and completely forgot***[/EDIT]

Don't see any mention of microchips in the bible.

I think the lesson should be the same basic fears stay with us. It appears that a couple of thousand years ago people had a fear that an authoritarian form of economics would be used to control them.This insight isn't prophetic. It may however provide an insight into the nature of power or rather people's fear of power.

Also - if technological development skips the microchipping stage and instead we go to a system of voice, facial or even DNA recognition the same control grid would be in place but not one that meets with prophecy about the mark of the beast. If nations go cashless our economic activity would be fully monitored and controllable. We could not buy anything without a pin number or a bank card and governments or corporations could cut us off. Paypal already have a reputation for doing that. Would Christians be alright with the same level of control over how they traded and spent their money so long as there were no implants or marks involved. If they are ok with that I think they might be missing an important lesson.

So no - reading the bible looking for prophecy is jejune. It is more interesting and relevant to ask how asstute and reflective of power is the picture it paints. Is it relevant? I think it is. But then most dystopian pictures of the how the world might turn out have some level of relevancy and provide some degree of warning. And any warning about being a pawn in someone else's control grid is always healthy

If however a system were introduce where people literally had a mark on their forehead that signalled controlled over how they did business I'd say that was weirdly uncanny. how close do you think we are to being forced to have a tattoo on our forehead or an implant in our forehead that controlled our economic freedom?