Trump Retweets Far Right Propaganda

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

Furrowed Brow
Site Supporter

Trump Retweets Far Right Propaganda

Post #1

Post by Furrowed Brow »

Britain First are one of several UK far right political groups. They organise marches and media stunts, and use social media to spread inflammatory anti immigrant and anti Islamic propaganda. Their output is always highly slanted and often factually false. They are not interested in facts or objective analysis or even debate, but they are dedicated to stirring race and religious hatred. In recent years they have taken to carrying Christian crosses when they march (though I truly doubt their commitment to religion as anything other than a very thin excuse to their brand of political hatefulness).

Donald Trump recently retweeted videos from Britain First. At least one of the videos has been debunked. At the time of writing this post he and his advisors do not appear apologetic.

A new low point? Is Trump letting down his position as President and should America expect more from their President.

Is this an example of Trump validating and mainstreaming aryan supremacy/race hate?

Wootah
Savant

Re: Trump Retweets Far Right Propaganda

Post #2

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to Furrowed Brow]

None of the above. Debunking or fact checking sites are a category of fake news.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #3

Post by Divine Insight »

Furrowed Brow wrote: A new low point?
Trump has dragged America into the gutter for almost a year now. This is hardly a new low. Just another low. This is what he does.
Furrowed Brow wrote: Is Trump letting down his position as President and should America expect more from their President.
No surprise here. I knew that he wasn't mature enough for the job from the get go. He's a seriously immature narcissist.

The USA is currently being run by a mentally ill individual, and it shows.

I feel sorry for the Americans who are surprised by this. But at the same time I can't imagine how they could have thought that he would be any different.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Furrowed Brow
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Furrowed Brow »

Divine Insight wrote:No surprise here. I knew that he wasn't mature enough for the job from the get go. He's a seriously immature narcissist.

The USA is currently being run by a mentally ill individual, and it shows.
Immature.✔
Narcissist.✔

I'd add ignorant and superficial to the list but don't think Trump is mentally ill. I think he knows this sort of stuff plays well with a core demographic and has little understanding as to why it plays so badly elsewhere ...and doesn't really care.

It is madness if Trump's behaviour is is looked at with the hope of maintaining an inclusive modern liberal democracy. It is not madness if the objective is to take America towards something that looks more like fascism. Fascism requires an internal threat that justifies a clampdown the removal of liberties. But this can be achieved more successfully if a greater part of the population are calling for the clampdown.

Maybe sooner rather than later a larger part of America are going to realise the class warfare being unleashed on them with Trump's by the plutocrats for the plutocrats tax reforms. That kind of wealth and powergrab is only possible if the working classes are divided over religion, race, gender and any issue that hinders them recognising their mutual self interest and finding their class consciousness.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #5

Post by Divine Insight »

Immature.✔
Narcissist.✔
Ignorant.✔
Superficial.✔
Furrowed Brow wrote: I'd add and to the list but don't think Trump is mentally ill. I think he knows this sort of stuff plays well with a core demographic and has little understanding as to why it plays so badly elsewhere ...and doesn't really care.
Should we add:

Doesn't really care. ✔

To the list?

You say that you don't think Trump is mentally ill. But wouldn't it be a serious mental defect if he truly doesn't care about the American people or anyone else for that matter?

If he truly is a serious narcissist couldn't it be that he is also somewhat psychopathic?

I'm actually being kind when I say that Trump is mentally ill. Because it seems to me that if he's mentally healthy then he would need to be purposefully evil.

In other words, I'm actually giving him the benefit of the doubt of simply being mentally incapable, or at the very least extremely stupid. If I don't allow him those possibilities then the only thing left is pure intentional evil.

I also wonder, was Aldoph Hitler pure evil? Or was he also simply insane? I'll grant him the latter and view him as a victim of mental illness. I'm just too easy on people I guess. :D
Furrowed Brow wrote: It is madness if Trump's behaviour is is looked at with the hope of maintaining an inclusive modern liberal democracy.
Fair enough.
Furrowed Brow wrote: It is not madness if the objective is to take America towards something that looks more like fascism. Fascism requires an internal threat that justifies a clampdown the removal of liberties. But this can be achieved more successfully if a greater part of the population are calling for the clampdown.
Again, I tend to be very generous in this regard. I view anyone who actually thinks that fascism is a worthwhile goal to be mentally incapacitated.

I guess I'm just too easy on people. I wouldn't make a very good judgemental God I guess since I would be letting everyone off as being mentally ill. Although if I was their omnipotent creator I supposed any mental illness they might be suffering from would ultimately have been my fault. Random materialism seems like the only answer. But if Random materialism is true, then Trump is nothing more than a random piece of material. Philosophy is a strange topic isn't it?
Furrowed Brow wrote: Maybe sooner rather than later a larger part of America are going to realise the class warfare being unleashed on them with Trump's by the plutocrats for the plutocrats tax reforms. That kind of wealth and powergrab is only possible if the working classes are divided over religion, race, gender and any issue that hinders them recognising their mutual self interest and finding their class consciousness.
I believe the main news sources, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, etc. And they seem to be all in agreement that the only people left who stand behind Trump are about 1/3 of Americans. The other 2/3's would like to see him gone.

So I believe that larger part of America already understands that Trump is disgusting. The problem is how do we get him out of office? Even if he were to be impeached that would leave a horrible administration in his wake. We would then be stuck with Mice Pence running America with the swamp characters that Trump has already placed in his cabinet. I'm also not sure if Pence wouldn't also lead toward fascism. Especially in terms of White Evangelical Christian fascism.

However, Pence would hopefully be sane enough to realize that he can't just bully people around. So that alone might be a major move forward. In fact, come to think of it, it would definitely be a move forward. But America will still suffer from Trump's swamp for some time to come.

In the meantime Trump doesn't appear to be going anywhere anytime soon. So America will continue to go downhill into Trump's Swamp. And once that Swamp becomes quicksand it may be too late for America to ever recover from it.

Trump could totally destroy America in a single term. And right now there doesn't appear to be any way to stop him.

I have noticed also that people on news shows everywhere regardless of the networks are becoming more and more hostile toward each other. Trump is fueling a great division in America on many different topics and levels, from racism to economy, from human rights to ecology.

Trump seems to be the Father of Division and incites division in everything he does.

I could be wrong. It could be that he is indeed pure evil. Possibly the Anti-Christ?

I don't believe in that particular fairytale. Just tossing that out there as ancient folklore that does seem to fit this shoe. :D
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Furrowed Brow
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by Furrowed Brow »

Potty mouthed comedian Jonathan Pie captures exactly the British attitude to Trump's retweeting of far right propaganda.

[Youtube][/Youtube]

justme2
Apprentice

Post #7

Post by justme2 »

President Ronald Reagan didn't like "walls"

"Tear down this wall!" is a line from a speech made by U.S. President Ronald Reagan in West Berlin on Friday, June 12, 1987, calling for the leader of the Soviet .

Sep 20, 2012 - A crane removes a section of the Berlin Wall on November 11, 1989, as West ... When Reagan declared "Tear down this Wall,

But the Chinese know how to build one. Baybe trump should ask them for some technical help?

shnarkle
Guru

Post #8

Post by shnarkle »

Furrowed Brow wrote: Britain First are one of several UK far right political groups. They organise marches and media stunts, and use social media to spread inflammatory anti immigrant and anti Islamic propaganda. Their output is always highly slanted and often factually false. They are not interested in facts or objective analysis or even debate, but they are dedicated to stirring race and religious hatred. In recent years they have taken to carrying Christian crosses when they march (though I truly doubt their commitment to religion as anything other than a very thin excuse to their brand of political hatefulness).

Donald Trump recently retweeted videos from Britain First. At least one of the videos has been debunked. At the time of writing this post he and his advisors do not appear apologetic.

A new low point? Is Trump letting down his position as President and should America expect more from their President.

Is this an example of Trump validating and mainstreaming aryan supremacy/race hate?
If Trump were pointing out that these immigrants were inferior, then I think you might have a good argument. If you have a parade of people using your back yard as a road into the US, would you really care what their race is?

If you're working just as hard as you were 40 years ago, but your income hasn't risen in step with inflation over that same period of time, AND these immigrants who are all YOUR relatives are collecting a free paycheck that YOU have to repay with interest, would that bother you? It makes little difference who they are to those who have to pay the bill. Eventually, people will vote for the most racist politician imaginable if they truly believe he will be able to do anything about their problems. People don't care if Trump or anyone else is a deplorable scoundrel if they think it will improve their lot in life.

Trump will accomplish nothing for those who elected him so there is no need to worry about aryan supremists making any comeback ever. The best any racist can do is dream of their glory days cutting holes in their bedsheets and burning crosses in someone's yard.

This isn't news at all. Hundreds of thousands of Muslims in concentration camps in eastern China, or the hundreds of thousands of Muslims we've cut to pieces with our bombs is what shoud be news, but who cares about that when media outlets can obsess over some inept politician's rant?

shnarkle
Guru

Post #9

Post by shnarkle »

Furrowed Brow wrote: Britain First are one of several UK far right political groups. They organise marches and media stunts, and use social media to spread inflammatory anti immigrant and anti Islamic propaganda. Their output is always highly slanted and often factually false. They are not interested in facts or objective analysis or even debate, but they are dedicated to stirring race and religious hatred. In recent years they have taken to carrying Christian crosses when they march (though I truly doubt their commitment to religion as anything other than a very thin excuse to their brand of political hatefulness).

If Trump were pointing out that these immigrants were inferior, then I think you might have a good argument. If you have a parade of people using your back yard as a road into the US, would you really care what their race is?

If you're working just as hard as you were 40 years ago, but your income hasn't risen in step with inflation over that same period of time, AND these immigrants who are all YOUR relatives are collecting a free paycheck that YOU have to repay with interest, would that bother you? It makes little difference who they are to those who have to pay the bill. Eventually, people will vote for the most racist politician imaginable if they truly believe he will be able to do anything about their problems. People don't care if Trump or anyone else is a deplorable scoundrel if they think it will improve their lot in life.

Trump will accomplish nothing for those who elected him so there is no need to worry about aryan supremists making any comeback ever. The best any racist can do is dream of their glory days cutting holes in their bedsheets and burning crosses in someone's yard.

This isn't news at all. Hundreds of thousands of Muslims in concentration camps in eastern China, or the hundreds of thousands of Muslims we've cut to pieces with our bombs is what shoud be news, but who cares about that when media outlets can obsess over some inept politician's rant?

justme2
Apprentice

Post #10

Post by justme2 »

shnarkle wrote:This isn't news at all. Hundreds of thousands of Muslims in concentration camps in eastern China, or the hundreds of thousands of Muslims we've cut to pieces with our bombs is what shoud be news, but who cares about that when media outlets can obsess over some inept politician's rant?
That inept political rant is coming from the President of the USA which makes it relevant and totally repulsive
:tongue: