Should the next president be a woman?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Should the next president be a woman?

Post #1

Post by 2Dbunk »

Quote by agnosticatheist in the Househusbands thread, post #13, Science and Religion. (I refer you there for a running brouhaha on the contradiction below:)

I believe that men and women are equal.

With that said...I think that generally, women still are not cut out for the workplace.

2Dbunk said in reply:

Are not those two sentences contradictory?

Former Prime Minister Thatcher and Germany's Angela Merkel are examples of what women are capable of achieving. I find it interesting that the next president of the USA may well be a woman. Carly Fiorina v. Hillary Clinton could well be the opposing candidates.
The question for debate: Is the United States ready to elect a woman as president? To avoid the running war of words in househusbands thread (Science and Religion), try to be objective, un-repetitive and less emotional. Statistics would be nice if available.

Talishi
Guru

Re: Should the next president be a woman?

Post #51

Post by Talishi »

2Dbunk wrote: Now that candidate Trump has lowered the bar for being president of the U.S. to that sexual assault is okay, what more can we expect?
The Trump campaign's latest crisis leaves them groping for a solution, but as long as they aren't groping women that's fine. Trump is sorry...sorry that he got caught. Sean Hannity actually pulled the "King Solomon had 300 concubines" defense. Fox News is basically The Weather Channel now. "Look, over there, a hurricane!" So many dead statesmen and journalists are rolling in their grave the friction is contributing to global warming.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #52

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 50 by Talishi]
So many dead statesmen and journalists are rolling in their grave the friction is contributing to global warming.
That is patently untrue! GLOBAL WARMING IS A MYTH! The rapid turning of those you mention in their graves are actually affecting the Earth's magnetic field -- endangering the planet's present polarity, the flipping of which could cause sterility in reindeer and re-humanizing of really rich Republicans.
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

Monta
Guru

Post #53

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 41 by 2Dbunk]

"Like I said in "HAWKING ON TRUMP" It is scary that Trump is being cozy with Putin, a dictator in everyway but name, antagonizing neighboring countries just to raise his political star with his own people. Hitler did the same thing in the 1930s for economic reasons. History is a stern taskmaster!"

I hope some facts would also be appropriate.
I don't care about Putin but I do not see him as a dictator..antagonising neighboring countries...
As a comparison Hitler comes in handy.

Sorry guys, your own Ms Nuland did Ukraine and gave Crimea to Russia with
95% of it population blessing. That's what happens when America does not look after after America but pokes its nose into other countries.
Hillary loves poking her nose, we know that from Libya.

Whoever gets elected I hope s/he will seek better life for its citizens, peace in the world annd not war of which America has had plenty of.

Monta
Guru

Post #54

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 52 by Monta]

Outsider looking in: three cheers for Trump.

It has been established that ISIS has infected all coutries around the world
therefore the biggest threat to peace.

So while westrn countries count on disposing Assad
it is mainly Putin and Iran who are helping
Assad in eliminating ISIS.
According to Trump America should support them also.

One man who was not afraid to tell it as it is when just mentioning Putin
might be enough to alienate you from voters.

I sincerely feel the world will breathe a sense of relief if he wins.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #55

Post by Divine Insight »

Monta wrote: Outsider looking in: three cheers for Trump.
Be careful what you cheer for. You just might get it.
Monta wrote: So while westrn countries count on disposing Assad
it is mainly Putin and Iran who are helping
Assad in eliminating ISIS.
Where are Putin and Assad eliminating ISIS?
Monta wrote: One man who was not afraid to tell it as it is when just mentioning Putin
might be enough to alienate you from voters.
Hardly. Trump has alienated American voters because of his extreme racism, bigotry, and immoral conduct in general.
Monta wrote: I sincerely feel the world will breathe a sense of relief if he wins.
If Trump becomes president of the USA the rest of the world will be extremely sorry. He won't only destroy the USA, but he'll bring the whole rest of the world down with it. He's already proclaimed climate change to be a "Hoax created by the Chinese". He's promised to back out of the Paris Climate Change agreements and to lead the world in deregulating industry. So his plan is to not only destroy the USA but to destroy the entire planet. And that's assuming that he doesn't do so by starting WWIII which is also very likely.

By the way if Trump becomes the president of the USA he will not defeat ISIS, to the contrary he will feed into it by declaring war on all Muslims. ISIS will become stronger than ever if Trump becomes president of the USA.

Hillary, as undesirable as she may be, is truly the only hope humanity has at this point.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Talishi
Guru

Post #56

Post by Talishi »

Divine Insight wrote:He's already proclaimed climate change to be a "Hoax created by the Chinese".
That doesn't make a lick of sense. China is the biggest producer of greenhouse gases, and is under pressure in the world community to reform, so you would think China would promote a theory that AGW is the hoax, not a theory that AGW is true.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #57

Post by McCulloch »

Monta wrote:Outsider looking in: three cheers for Trump.
Seriously?
Monta wrote:It has been established that ISIS has infected all coutries around the world therefore the biggest threat to peace.
Actually, white Christian males are the biggest threat to peace in the USA.
Monta wrote:I sincerely feel the world will breathe a sense of relief if he wins.
No. Really.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Elijah John
Savant

Post #58

Post by Elijah John »

McCulloch wrote:
Monta wrote:It has been established that ISIS has infected all coutries around the world therefore the biggest threat to peace.
Actually, white Christian males are the biggest threat to peace in the USA.
Really???? How do you figure?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Monta
Guru

Post #59

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 54 by Divine Insight]

"Where are Putin and Assad eliminating ISIS? "

I don't know how to respond to this.

Does anybody read NEWS as it's happening around the world?
Do people have internet or is it restricted in their countries
as to what they are allowed to read?

Did anybody listen to Putin speach at UN last year speaking about Syria saying enough is enough? At that time 400.000 Syrians have been killed and now millions are seeking shelter around the world.

Has anybody seen convoys of oil tankers gliding accross Syria and into Turkey and no one onjected, not one shot fired? Wasn't Washington worried what's going on and with huge intelligence arsenal capable to work out what's going on as to who gave them those tankers and hundreds of brand new trucks?
Putin saw it and obliterated them while some brave Russian pilots lost their lives.
And yes Russia is still there and I hope freedom for Syria.

Aljazeera
John Pilger
TheGuardian.co.uk
VeteransToday
TheNation
RT
Opendemocracy.net
GlobalResearch
IformationClearingHouse
AlterNet
RobertFisk
TheIndependant ...etc
http://www.globalresearch.ca/selected-articles

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #60

Post by 2Dbunk »

Getting back to the thread, Is anyone taking notice of how Trump is avoiding any condemnation of the Russians? He says that Maybe the Chinese or someone else is hacking into U.S. servers. Hey, it might be the Eskimos -- no, he didn't say that but he'd prefer that possibility than admitting that Russia is doing it.

I saw a news clip last night showing Putin announcing that it's not important who is doing the hacking/releasing of Hillary's emails, but what the content of those released documents are. If he is supposedly out of the loop, why is he making such statements? Sounds to me that he's closer to being Trump's enabler than Trump would like to admit.

And, of course, the big question: Why would any foreign belligerent want Trump over Hillary -- just food for thought.
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.