National anthem for the Kingdom of God

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

National anthem for the Kingdom of God

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

Since the Kingdom of God is a present and future reality, it it were up to you, what song or hymn would be your choice for our "national anthem"?

YHVH Nissi means YHVH my banner. SO why not a song as well?

My choice would be "Guide Me Thou Great Jehovah"....and yours?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Paprika
Banned
Banned

Post #2

Post by Paprika »

I am partial to 'Onward, Christian Soldiers'.
The response to the refugee crisis has been troubling, exposing... just how impoverished our moral and political discourse actually is. For the difficult tasks of patient deliberation and discriminating political wisdom, a cult of sentimental humanitarianism--Neoliberalism's good cop to its bad cop of foreign military interventionism--substitutes the self-congratulatory ease of kneejerk emotional judgments, assuming that the 'right'...is immediately apparent from some instinctive apprehension of the 'good'. -AR

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: National anthem for the Kingdom of God

Post #3

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Elijah John wrote: Since the Kingdom of God is a present and future reality, it it were up to you, what song or hymn would be your choice for our "national anthem"?

Yes we do! It's the song to mark the 100th year of Kingdom rule (in 2014). The Kingdom is in place, Let it come! (YouTube)
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Elijah John
Savant

Post #4

Post by Elijah John »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Elijah John wrote: Since the Kingdom of God is a present and future reality, it it were up to you, what song or hymn would be your choice for our "national anthem"?

Yes we do! It's the song to mark the 100th year of Kingdom rule (in 2014). The Kingdom is in place, Let it come! (YouTube)
It's a beautiful hymn, and not specifically written for the Jehovah's Witnesses, but it may as well have been! Very fitting. I'll check out the link. ;)

That's not the one....this is:

-YHVH is LORD

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #5

[Replying to post 4 by Elijah John]

Yes, I am very familiar with that hymn - it's sung at welsh rugby matches all the time (although the modern versions remove the name JEHOVAH and say "Almighty" or some such replacement title).

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Elijah John
Savant

Post #6

Post by Elijah John »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 4 by Elijah John]

Yes, I am very familiar with that hymn - it's sung at welsh rugby matches all the time (although the modern versions remove the name JEHOVAH and say "Almighty" or some such replacement title).
When I was looking it up on youtube, I noticed a version that was sung at one of the royal weddings, and they replaced "Jehovah" with "Redeemer" as in "Guide me thou O great Redeemer".

I hate revisionism.

-YHVH is LORD

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #7

[Replying to post 6 by Elijah John]

Yes "redeemer"... that's it.

The future, mark my work will be the total elimination of the Divine Name from all cérémonies in traditional churches.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #8

Post by Elijah John »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 6 by Elijah John]

Yes "redeemer"... that's it.

The future, mark my work will be the total elimination of the Divine Name from all cérémonies in traditional churches.
That's what they did with the Bible, and I hope you are wrong, but I am afraid you are right about the Church ceremonies.

-YHVH is LORD

tam
Savant

Post #9

Post by tam »

May you both have peace!

I think that a song sung to God would come from your heart; and out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. The "song" would then be in love and in praise of Jah, and His Son.

I realize this is sort of a light-hearted question, and I do not want to take away from that at all. But if I may, I would share some things with you as I have learned from my Lord. Not to contend or to argue, but simply to share in the spirit of truth. Because you both proclaim the name "Jehovah". But no song in that Kingdom could include the name "Jehovah", because "Jehovah" is not the name of God. I think perhaps you both must be aware that "Jehovah" is an error in translation. If not:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah

Even in the JW reference bible there is a footnote stating that the name Jehovah was used by earlier translators, monks, etc, because it was traditional, not because it was accurate.

"Thus you make the word of God invalid by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like this.� Mark 7:13 NWT

So why use a name that one knows to be in error? Especially when one knows a name that is accurate?

HalleluJAH

Jah is correct. It is the shortened form of Jahveh's name, yes, but it is correct. (pronounced with the 'y' sound, as we pronounce when we say Hallelujah, rather than the 'j' sound)

That name is kept in many prophets' names, as I know that you know Elijah John. Whether it is jah or iah; the name is kept in their names. Zechariah, Jeremiah, Isaiah, Obadiah, etc. Joel, Daniel, (or Dan'jah'el - as my Lord has shown me from how the name is pronounced; we just say if fast, and the 'jah' is no longer reflected in the translation/spelling) Elijah, Israel, Ezekiel, Samuel, etc.

However, and this is what I want to share with you: the tradition of not using the divine name and the eventual removal of the divine name (and perhaps even the acceptance of a false name) also serve to obscure the name of Christ.

He is the One who comes in the name of Jah. The prophets often bear the name of Jah (or El, meaning God Most High), as shown above, but we do not think that the One who comes in the name of Jah will bear the name of Jah in His name?

Jesus is not the name of the Christ; just as Jehovah is not the name of God.

The name of the Christ is Jaheshua. Meaning Jah saves/salvation of Jah.

This is how my Lord showed me that His name became Yeshua (the Hebrew pronunciation), although with the J instead of the Y (but keeping the 'y' sound):

Jaheshua
J'eshua (J' instead of Jah; and then no apostrophe at all)
Jeshua

Jaheshua, the One who came in the name of Jah. The one name under heaven by which we may be saved.

Just something that one might want to consider and ask about, themselves.

Peace to you both,
your servant and a slave of Christ Jaheshua,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #10

[Replying to post 9 by tam]

... I do believe God speaks ALL LANGUAGES including English, even if English is a modern language and didn't even exist until a few centuries ago. I do not believe that those of us that use the Divine name in English (Jehovah) will be cursed or rejected by God because our language is new (and thus our renditions of that name will from necessity) be relatively new as well.

Fighting against English is futile and I believe unbiblical and to fight against allowing (modern) English speakers to say the Divine Name is equally so.

JW

ps: I am fully aware of the history of the letter J in English - I just do not believe it is of the devil.