Do we choose to accept the salvation found in Christ?

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Do we choose to accept the salvation found in Christ?

Post #1

Post by ttruscott »

I find the quote here to be a great start for a dialectic conversation about what we believe...
Sapphire wrote:
God indeed draws people to Himself. The Word of God said He loved us first, and gave His only begotten Son to save the world.

Then... comes choice. And I chose to follow HIM. It's about His saving grace that saved my soul. And it's about me responding to His invitation, by the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. And in Him, and through Him, I have my being.
Should we consider:
if HE is waiting for us to choose HIM, HE will wait forever since HIS love is perfect and the word says love is patient. Perfect patience suggests HE will never stop waiting, implying there can be no judgment day or afterlife without HIM.

Therefore HIS waiting is a first step into universal salvation, no?
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

wannabe
Apprentice

Re: Do we choose to accept the salvation found in Christ?

Post #2

Post by wannabe »

[Replying to post 1 by ttruscott]

I think his first step involved , " initial creation" , because universal salvation was the plan from the beginning , considering how evil exists , and the 'whole' picture.

Waiting does seem to leave a lasting impression, however it does have to last forever, (not the waiting, the impression ).

As long as we have to wait is no more than 120 yrs. ...
:
:

Live to give , Give to live ( love Jesus )

: I believe a mans spirit is more than just his imagination.

I believe in forever. That's true even without religion.(or man)

: Live to give, give to life, Forgive to live.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Do we choose to accept the salvation found in Christ?

Post #3

Post by JehovahsWitness »

ttruscott wrote: Perfect patience suggests HE will never stop waiting [...] no?
Perfect,love does not mean waiting forever. That which is perfect biblically speaking, is complete. God's love is also balanced perfectly with his justice and power. Therefore, while God is patient, as with the Israelites there will be a moment when his patience will run out when it has completed it desired purpose. Justice demands.
ZEPH 2:2,3
"Before the decree takes effect, Before the day passes by like chaff, Before the burning anger of Jehovah comes upon you, Before the day of Jehovah’s anger comes upon you, Seek Jehovah,+ all you meek ones of the earth, Who observe his righteous decrees. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably* you will be concealed on the day of Jehovah’s anger."

Further reading
http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102002034#h=26
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8