Cruz "disses" Trump.

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Cruz "disses" Trump.

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

Ted Cruz has been taking a lot of flak from commentators and party members for not being a "team player" and endorsing Donald Trump last night.

Is this fair?

Keep in mind, Donald Trump insulted Ted Cruz's wife, AND his father.

For debate, if you were in his position, could you endorse someone who insulted your spouse and insulted your father?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

This is an interesting question. And one I believe that far more Republicans should be passionately addressing.

If you are a concerned Republican who sees Trump as a disgrace to the Republican Party which is better?

1. Just ignore Trump and let him "steal" the Republican Party from the vast majority of Republicans?

OR

2. Speak out in ways that show your dedication to the "Republican Party" whilst refusing to support Trump as a valid representation of the Republican Pary?

Many of the "Top Guns" of the Republican Party have chosen to just remain silent and ignore Trump whilst Trump runs off basically as the current HEAD of their Party stealing the whole Republican Party.

He even treats Mick Pence like as if Pence is his his toddler and he's the father who will help to bring Pence up correctly.

This "Republican Convention" is not about the Republican Party or its ideologies, instead it's all about TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP.

I don't really blame Ted Cruz for making a stand. You could think of his speech as a "Protest" against Trump, whilst trying to retain some support for what used to be "The Republican Party".

Even the Top Guns of the republican party can't believe that Trump stole their party.

Just look at the Bush family, they won't touch him with a 10-ft pole. What does that tell you? They are watching their "Party" being stolen right from under their feet by Donald John Trump.

I also think this shows the entire world just how undependable the democratic system truly is. When a yo-yo like Trump can just walk in a steal an entire political party that speaks volumes to how unstable the system truly is.

And in this case it may also speak volumes to just how horribly unified the Republican Party was to begin with.

I'm not a fan of Hillary Clinton, but there's no way I would want to see Trump and his evangelistic puppet Pence running our nation.

So for me it's "Go Hillary!"

It's the only realistic option on the table right now. Trump is nothing but an egotistical showman. Period. He's not even close to being presidential material.

I'm glad that Cruz did what he did, and I only wish that more Republicans would step forward and publicly protest Trump instead of just going silent and allowing Trump to make fools of them all.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

bluethread
Savant

Re: Cruz "disses" Trump.

Post #3

Post by bluethread »

[Replying to post 1 by Elijah John]

Compared to the campaigns of our founding fathers, what Trump has done is mild. As the wife of Wendell Willkie said, "Politics makes strange bedfellows". Though in Willkies' case this was literal, it has been used figuratively ever since.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #4

Post by Elijah John »

[Replying to post 2 by Divine Insight]

I agree with a lot of your reasoning, but I differ with your conclusion. Now that Trump's the official nominee, I feel I have no choice but to vote for him. Plus, I like Mike Pense.

And Trump can't be all bad, if his kids are that good. Very solid offspring.

Greg Gutfeld said Trump's kids are proof of evolution. :D (more civilized than their father)

But I cannot take another (in effect) four years of Obama, and Hillary's pandering, dishonesty and PC nonsense.

The Republicans had 15 quality candidates to choose from, it's a shame it has come down to this.

-YHVH is LORD

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by JoeyKnothead »

I'd just as soon flush my head down the toilet as to support the race-baiting, misogyny, and lack of experience that is the Trump campaign.

Any person who'd support that bigot'd go to a minister's funeral dressed in feathers. (With 'pologies to Big Enos Ber... Bur...)
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #6

Post by Divine Insight »

Elijah John wrote: The Republicans had 15 quality candidates to choose from, it's a shame it has come down to this.
From my perspective it's just the opposite. The Republicans had exactly zero quality candidates to choose from and that's why Trump was able to steal the show.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Elijah John
Savant

Post #7

Post by Elijah John »

Divine Insight wrote:
Elijah John wrote: The Republicans had 15 quality candidates to choose from, it's a shame it has come down to this.
From my perspective it's just the opposite. The Republicans had exactly zero quality candidates to choose from and that's why Trump was able to steal the show.
The fact that the voters rejected them all in favor of Donald Trump is not a reflection of their quality as candidates and (potential presidents), but rather a reflection of riled-up voters, their reason clouded by emotion.

Polls showed that Rubio and Kasich could have beaten HRC, but no, I guess competence and decency were not exciting enough for Republican voters this time around.

-YHVH is LORD

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #8

Post by Bust Nak »

[Replying to post 7 by Elijah John]
Are you saying Trump can't beat HRC?

Elijah John
Savant

Post #9

Post by Elijah John »

Bust Nak wrote: [Replying to post 7 by Elijah John]
Are you saying Trump can't beat HRC?
If I was, I shouldn't. I never thought that Trump would get the nomination. I guess folks underestimate him at their own risk.

Still, Trump is the underdog, according to polls. Whereas Rubio and Kasich would have entered the general election with a slight lead, that is if they could have gotten by the Republican primary voters.

But something else just occurred to me. Many states had "open primaries" where Democrats and Independants were permitted to vote.

I can't help but wonder, if some voted in the Republican primaries because they wanted Trump to be the nominee, as they supposed he would be the most beatable.

These crossover voters wanted a Democrat to win, but in effect were playing havoc in the primaries.

Too much of a conspiracy theory? Perhaps. But polls indicated Trump did better in primaries that allowed such party crossover, and did not fare as well in states where only Republicans could vote.

-YHVH is LORD

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #10

Post by myth-one.com »

Elijah John wrote:And Trump can't be all bad, if his kids are that good. Very solid offspring.
But Trump's children seem to be the opposite of their father.

I think the mother or someone else must have been their major influence.

Capitol cops now fear for Ted Cruz's safety and offered to step up protection for the senator after his courageous refusal to endorse Trump led to the fury at the convention.

Is this the type of treatment that Americans who do not worship the Don can expect if he is elected president?