Reactionary Trump

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Reactionary Trump

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

I heard an answer to a reporter (I think it was from a State department spokesman) when asked if he thought that ISIS was commiting genocide, that "the Adminstration's lawyers would have to look into it".

I contend that it is just this kind of eqivocation from the Obama administration that gives rise to demogogues like Donald Trump.

Question for debate, if Obama is too cautious, is Donald Trump too reckless?

Or do we need another, more presidential spokesperson for common sense and no-nonsense solutions?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Talishi
Guru

Re: Reactionary Trump

Post #2

Post by Talishi »

Elijah John wrote: I heard an answer to a reporter (I think it was from a State department spokesman) when asked if he thought that ISIS was commiting genocide, that "the Adminstration's lawyers would have to look into it".
You must not know that the US is constrained to act in a certain way when it (the Executive) declares that a nation or NGO is committing genocide. So yes, you lawyer up.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #3

Post by Divine Insight »

Elijah John wrote: Question for debate, if Obama is too cautious, is Donald Trump too reckless?
I don't agree that Obama is too cautious. But I do agree that Donald Trump is too reckless.
Elijah John wrote: Or do we need another, more presidential spokesperson for common sense and no-nonsense solutions?
We already have a very experienced presidential spokesperson in Hillary Clinton who has very well-planned-out no-nonsense solutions.

So all you need to do is vote for Hillary. Remember Obama is not running for president this time around. ;)

Donald Trump isn't mentally fit to even be a responsible tweeter much less the president of a world power.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Monta
Guru

Post #4

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 3 by Divine Insight]

"So all you need to do is vote for Hillary. Remember Obama is not running for president this time around."

Vote for Hillary vote for another Iraq, Syria, Libya...
perhaps we can add China and Russia?

Aren't Americans sick of wars, of their sons in body bags and for what?

Trump can not be any worse or any more insane
than what's going on now and has been for many years.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #5

Post by Divine Insight »

Monta wrote: Trump can not be any worse or any more insane
than what's going on now and has been for many years.
I totally disagree with your suggestion quoted above. Trump not only can be worse, but apparently most certainly would be far worse.

Why do I say this? Well, just look at the different plans between Hillary and Trump just on how to handle ISIS alone.

Hillary recognizes that the way to beat ISIS is not via an entirely military means. She has clearly stated that she would focus on working with silicon valley and the people who are well-educated in social media and Internet communications. She understands that ISIS is based on an ideology and it is that ideology that must ultimately be addressed, especially in terms of why ISIS is able to recruit and influence terror attacks by people who have never even met anyone from ISIS in person.

Trump's proposal, on the other hand, is to meet with the military generals of the U. S. Armed forces and give them one month to come up with a plan to militarily crush ISIS. In other words, Trump has a very narrow-minded view of how to deal with ISIS. He is already convinced that the way to deal with ISIS is to crush them militarily. Is this going to be his strategy for all foreign policy?

What makes you think hat Trump wouldn't start WWIII? He had already stated that when an Iranian navy ship was disrespectful toward a U. S. navy ship he would have had it "blown out of the water". His reaction seems to be a very strong military response.

Trump claims to have solutions to all these problems but does he really?

What his solution to immigration? Deport the immigrants and build a wall? That's not dealing with the problem, instead that's just trying to make the problem go away which clearly isn't going to work.

What's his solution to Radical Islamic Terrorists? Ban ALL Muslims from entering the USA? Again, that's not a solution, that's just an attempt to make the problem go away. And it wouldn't even work. To the contrary that would just cause many more Muslims to go join ISIS.

How about at home? He want's to profile Muslims in the USA. Have a registry of Muslims and put them on a watch list. Have intrusive surveillance in mosques. Is that going to solve any problems? Most likely not. Instead it will just make American Muslims feel like outcasts in America and will most likely result in in a large increase in American Muslims becoming ISIS sympathizers. We would most likely then see a very large increase in random American Muslims carrying out terrorist attacks against the USA right here at home.

Trump is a recipe for disaster. Everything I said above would also give those who hate Muslims a green light to bully and harass Muslims, or even any Arab-looking people who may not even be Muslim.

Trump also wants to employ stop and frisk in the black neighborhood encouraging racial profiling and this would only result in the President of the USA backing up racism in the police departments. If you think Black Lives Matter is an issue now, you can rest assured that the racial divide and racism would become an extreme issue with Trump as president. All the while Trump claiming to be doing decent black people a favor by addressing the crime in their black neighborhoods.

If Trump becomes president living in the the USA will become a nightmare. Protests and riots over racism and religious intolerance will become the norm on the streets of America. This will take American back to times far worse than we have ever seen.

And in the meantime Trump will also be trying to bully the whole rest of the world via military threats. It could very well be the end of the world if Trump gets in.

Ironically Trump himself probably actually MEANS WELL. He most likely had not intention to destroy the world. He no doubt thinks his ideas would actually work. But they won't work. To the contrary they will only make things far worse.

Hillary has an actual PLAN to work toward serious solutions to all of these problems.

She knows how to address ISIS and foreign affairs using diplomacy and social media instead of just brute military force.

She knows how to address immigration problems without having to deport immigrants or build a wall.

She knows how to address radical Islamic terrorism by working WITH Muslims instead of banning the religion entirely.

She knows how to address police racism by working WITH the police and communities instead of actually inciting racism by employing stop and frisk based on racial profiling. She also wants to reduce the availability of guns in the first place. That would be far better than making guns easily available and then stopping and frisking everyone to see if they have a gun.

Hillary has intelligent solutions to offer.

Trump has nothing but ignorant reactions to offer. And in every case his reactions will only make the problems worse, not better.

As I say, Trump no doubt thinks his reactions would work. He's not evil, he's just stupid. He's a stupid man who thinks he's a genius when he's very far from it.

Hillary is far more intelligent than Trump. She has actual solutions to offer. Trump does not. Trump could easily make every problem we have far worse, and not even realize that he's the one who is making things far worse.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Monta
Guru

Post #6

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 5 by Divine Insight]

"Hillary recognizes that the way to beat ISIS is not via an entirely military means. She has clearly stated that she would focus on working with silicon valley and the people who are well-educated in social media and Internet communications. She understands that ISIS is based on an ideology and it is that ideology that must ultimately be addressed,"

***Silicon valley, educated people to educate them by internet communication...
Really? The most crazy thing I ever heard I am sure.

"Trump's proposal, on the other hand, is to meet with the military generals of the U. S. Armed forces and give them one month to come up with a plan to militarily crush ISIS."

***In other words he will listen to experts.
I don't think he would have used the words to crush them, millitary may choose not to but if they do, American media will give it a nice story just as they are doing now.
Why would it be worse than Libya, Clintin's work?

Too much power corrupts and Clinton has been on the job for too long.

What I've read is that Trump gives voice to little people and good on him.

Talishi
Guru

Post #7

Post by Talishi »

Monta wrote: What I've read is that Trump gives voice to little people and good on him.
He just doesn't pay taxes. Lets the little people do that.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!