Tried to create new thread, double posted, both are blank

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Tried to create new thread, double posted, both are blank

Post #1

Post by rikuoamero »

As the title says, I tried to create a new thread in C&A called "A request for Christians". I typed the OP, only when I hit submit, the OP was blank. I somehow managed to double post, both posts are blank. I tried copying and pasting the OP as a reply, that too ended up blank.
For what it's worth, I'm using the latest version of Chrome, on Linux Mint 17.3.

I'm going to try to edit one of the threads using Firefox.

EDIT - I was able to post THIS thread successfully. So is it something to do with posting in C&A?

EDIT 2: In Firefox, I went into the thread, clicked Edit, and found that my OP is in the Edit box (but not in the posted thread). So I deleted it from the Edit box, put the word 'blank' in as a test, and clicked submit. That showed up. I then edited it again, copied and pasted my OP (I have it saved in a LibreOffice document), clicked submit...blank again.

EDIT 3: I had a hunch. I was quoting Yahu and had a URL pointing to the thread I got it from. So I deleted the URL and hit submit. THAT worked. My OP shows up.
So apparently, having an OP with a URL results in a blank page?

Mod request - Delete the duplicate thread, it's the one that remains blank. Thanks.

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by Zzyzx »

Done
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

catnip
Guru

Re: Tried to create new thread, double posted, both are blan

Post #3

Post by catnip »

rikuoamero wrote: As the title says, I tried to create a new thread in C&A called "A request for Christians". I typed the OP, only when I hit submit, the OP was blank. I somehow managed to double post, both posts are blank. I tried copying and pasting the OP as a reply, that too ended up blank.
For what it's worth, I'm using the latest version of Chrome, on Linux Mint 17.3.

I'm going to try to edit one of the threads using Firefox.

EDIT - I was able to post THIS thread successfully. So is it something to do with posting in C&A?

EDIT 2: In Firefox, I went into the thread, clicked Edit, and found that my OP is in the Edit box (but not in the posted thread). So I deleted it from the Edit box, put the word 'blank' in as a test, and clicked submit. That showed up. I then edited it again, copied and pasted my OP (I have it saved in a LibreOffice document), clicked submit...blank again.

EDIT 3: I had a hunch. I was quoting Yahu and had a URL pointing to the thread I got it from. So I deleted the URL and hit submit. THAT worked. My OP shows up.
So apparently, having an OP with a URL results in a blank page?

Mod request - Delete the duplicate thread, it's the one that remains blank. Thanks.
For some reason when you post a URL, if you use the URL button in the command bar (?) above, it results in a blank post. Post URLs without any HTML codes. See if that works. That has been my experience.