IS IT TRUE THAT THE BIBLE IS TRUMP's FAVORITE BOOK?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

IS IT TRUE THAT THE BIBLE IS TRUMP's FAVORITE BOOK?

Post #1

Post by 2Dbunk »

I recently received an email from a friend of mine who is a Trump supporter, entitled . . . Getting to know him . . . (meaning the Donald). Among the expansive list ware his favorite books. The Bible was listed along with a book he had written and one other (can't think of its name).

So, maybe someone out there can confirm this claim.
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

GTO50
Banned
Banned

Re: IS IT TRUE THAT THE BIBLE IS TRUMP's FAVORITE BOOK?

Post #2

Post by GTO50 »

2Dbunk wrote: I recently received an email from a friend of mine who is a Trump supporter, entitled . . . Getting to know him . . . (meaning the Donald). Among the expansive list ware his favorite books. The Bible was listed along with a book he had written and one other (can't think of its name).

So, maybe someone out there can confirm this claim.
Favorite book as concerning what? That is the key.

For some the bible is their favorite book to hate.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #3

Post by OnceConvinced »

A guy like him would say it was his favourite book just to get the Christian vote.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

GTO50
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by GTO50 »

OnceConvinced wrote: A guy like him would say it was his favourite book just to get the Christian vote.
Which is no different than a guy who would quote from the bible to just to get the Christian vote.

GTO50
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by GTO50 »

GTO50 wrote:
OnceConvinced wrote: A guy like him would say it was his favourite book just to get the Christian vote.
Which is no different than a guy who would quote from the bible to just to get the Christian vote.
Or someone who would say something just to get anyone's vote.

That is what people do when they try to get elected to anything.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 5 by GTO50]

Then your first post was just a fishing expeditioin? It turned out nicely for you in that it got you some votes.

Actually I'm looking for a confirmation of my OP's question, not opinion. I could have said the same thing -- was tempted to do so in that it is the politician's standard ploy.

Maybe it doesn't need confirmation. Is there anybody that thinks otherwise (like an insulted Trump supporter)?

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

GTO50
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by GTO50 »

2Dbunk wrote: [Replying to post 5 by GTO50]

Then your first post was just a fishing expeditioin? It turned out nicely for you in that it got you some votes.

Actually I'm looking for a confirmation of my OP's question, not opinion. I could have said the same thing -- was tempted to do so in that it is the politician's standard ploy.

Maybe it doesn't need confirmation. Is there anybody that thinks otherwise (like an insulted Trump supporter)?
That which I stated is not my opinion.
It is my observation. I am confirming the truth.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 7 by GTO50]

Is that a confirmation in your mind? I was hoping for confirmation from a recognized source (no disrespect meant toward you).

mrmufin
Scholar

Re: IS IT TRUE THAT THE BIBLE IS TRUMP's FAVORITE BOOK?

Post #9

Post by mrmufin »

[Replying to post 1 by 2Dbunk]

The Bible isn't about Donald Trump so it can't be his favorite book.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by 2Dbunk »

Donald Dump will say or do anything to get elected.

The other morning my wife woke up and asked me what year it was. Without much thought I replied: "2020". All was quiet, and I thought to add: "President Trump is thinking of running for re-election." She kicked me hard and went back to sleep.

She isn't a Donald fan.