Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

GTO50
Subject: Questions for Jehovah Witness?
Do members of the Jehovah Witness organization
believe that Jesus was the Word as written of in...?

John
Chapter 1
1 In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him;
and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

JehovahsWitness
Subject: Re: Questions for Jehovah Witness?
GTO50 wrote:

Do members of the Jehovah Witness organization
believe that Jesus was the Word as written of in...?

John
Chapter 1
1 In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him;
and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.


Yes we do.

Further reading
http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2008922#h=10


JW

obertsand
Subject: Re: Questions for Jehovah Witness?
JehovahsWitness wrote:

GTO50 wrote:

Do members of the Jehovah Witness organization
believe that Jesus was the Word as written of in...?

John
Chapter 1
1 In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him;
and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.


Yes we do.

Further reading
http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2008922#h=10


JW
Do the Jehovah Witness believe Archangel Michael is Jesus?

JehovahsWitness
Subject: Re: Questions for Jehovah Witness?
obertsand wrote:
Do the Jehovah Witness believe Archangel Michael is Jesus?


Yes we do.


Further reading (official JW website)
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-teach/who-is-michael-the-archange...

obertsand
Subject: Re: Questions for Jehovah Witness?
obertsand wrote:

JehovahsWitness wrote:

GTO50 wrote:

Do members of the Jehovah Witness organization
believe that Jesus was the Word as written of in...?

John
Chapter 1
1 In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him;
and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.


Yes we do.

Further reading
http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2008922#h=10


JW
Do the Jehovah Witness believe Archangel Michael is Jesus?
JehovahsWitness wrote:

Yes we do.


Further reading (official JW website)
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-teach/who-is-michael-the-archange...

In the beginning was Michael the archangel,
and Michael the archangel was with God,
and Michael the archangel was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him;
and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Is this exactly what the Jehovah Witness believe?

JehovahsWitness
Subject: Re: Questions for Jehovah Witness?
[Replying to post 5 by obertsand]

In the beginning was Michael...

If "in the beginning" refers to the beginning of God's creative activities, God's first creation would not have had the role of Chief (of the) Angels whether The Word was called by the personal name of Michael at this point in time we don't know, possibly. (What we do know is he wasn't called "Jesus" since that was his earthly name adopted while he was a human). So while, of course both names refer to the same person but in different roles and circumstances, it's much more likely that "Michael" was with Jehovah in the beginning than "Jesus".


... the Archangel.

Archangel means "Chief" or "Head" of the angels. God's son was Jehovah (YHWH) God's first creation so logically he existed before there were any angels. Since this was the case "in the beginning" when Jesus was alone with God he could not have been chief of the angels; although with hindsight one could I suppose refer to him as such, just as one could say "My mother danced in the 60's" even though strictly speaking she wasn't "your mother" in the 60's (since you hadn't yet been born).

Is this exactly what the Jehovah Witness believe?

We do not believe in re-phrasing scriptures as you have done. John chose to refer to God's first spirit Son creation as The Word for a reason and as I said, when or under what circumstances that one first was called Michael and when exactly he became "Archangel" the bible does not say, so neither can we.

To read more about "exactly what Jehovah's Witnesses believe" on this topic please click on the LINK: Who Is Michael the Archangel?
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-teach/who-is-michael-the-archange...

obertsand
Subject: Re: Questions for Jehovah Witness?
JehovahsWitness wrote:

[Replying to post 5 by obertsand]

In the beginning was Michael...

If "in the beginning" refers to the beginning of God's creative activities, God's first creation would not have had the role of Chief (of the) Angels whether The Word was called by the personal name of Michael at this point in time we don't know, possibly. (What we do know is he wasn't called "Jesus" since that was his earthly name adopted while he was a human). So while, of course both names refer to the same person but in different roles and circumstances, it's much more likely that "Michael" was with Jehovah in the beginning than "Jesus".


... the Archangel.

Archangel means "Chief" or "Head" of the angels. God's son was Jehovah (YHWH) God's first creation so logically he existed before there were any angels. Since this was the case "in the beginning" when Jesus was alone with God he could not have been chief of the angels; although with hindsight one could I suppose refer to him as such, just as one could say "My mother danced in the 60's" even though strictly speaking she wasn't "your mother" in the 60's (since you hadn't yet been born).

Is this exactly what the Jehovah Witness believe?

We do not believe in re-phrasing scriptures as you have done. John chose to refer to God's first spirit Son creation as The Word for a reason and as I said, when or under what circumstances that one first was called Michael and when exactly he became "Archangel" the bible does not say, so neither can we.

To read more about "exactly what Jehovah's Witnesses believe" on this topic please click on the LINK: Who Is Michael the Archangel?
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-teach/who-is-michael-the-archange...

John
Chapter 1
1 In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him;
and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Where in all of this do you see where
John refers to the Word as being Jesus
and the Word being God's Son?

I do not see the name " Jesus "
and I do see John referring to the Word as God
not Son.

Do the Jehovah Witness believe it?


and the Word was God

JehovahsWitness
Subject: Re: Questions for Jehovah Witness?
obertsand wrote:

Do the Jehovah Witness believe it?[/b]

and the Word was God


Yes we do.

Of course not YHWH, John doesn't say that "The word was YHWH (Almighty) God" so naturally we do NOT believe The Word was Almighty God YHWH The Creator. Because John didn't say that, we do believe what John did say.


JEHOVAHS WITNESS

obertsand
Subject: Re: Questions for Jehovah Witness?
JehovahsWitness wrote:

obertsand wrote:

Do the Jehovah Witness believe it?[/b]

and the Word was God


Yes we do.

Of course not YHWH, John doesn't say that "The word was YHWH (Almighty) God" so naturally we do NOT believe The Word was Almighty God YHWH The Creator. Because John didn't say that, we do believe what John did say.


JEHOVAHS WITNESS

Explain to me how the word was God but yet was not

YHWH (Almighty) God.

JehovahsWitness
Subject: Re: Questions for Jehovah Witness?
obertsand wrote:

Explain to me how the word was God but yet was not

YHWH (Almighty) God.



The Word, the mighty spirit that later came to be known on the earth as JESUS CHRIST is described in Isaiah 9:6 in the following terms
Quote:
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.


However, he (Jesus) never identified himself as being YHWH (Jehovah), who alone in scripture is called the ALMIGHTY God (a title never applied to Jesus). Rather this one (Jesus) is called the "son of God". So Jesus, though a mighty god is not the same person as Jehovah his Father, the Creator who has the Personal name of YHWH (Jehovah) the Almighty.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Page 1 of 4


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this subforum
You cannot reply to topics in this subforum
You cannot edit your posts in this subforum
You cannot delete your posts in this subforum
You cannot vote in polls in this subforum

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.   Produced by Ecodia.

Full Version