Fun With Deepak Chopra Quotes

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

SkyChief
Apprentice

Fun With Deepak Chopra Quotes

Post #1

Post by SkyChief »

Deepak Chopra is a New Age Guru, and a master of nonsense who generously shares his absurd deep thoughts and gems of wisdom. He is arguably a Master of Random Ramblings.

Its fun for the whole Debating Christianity family. Atheists, and people of all faiths will be amazed at the staggering absurdity in his ramblings.

Here are four Deepak Chopra quotes. 3 of them I fabricated. One of them is an actual quote. See if you can identify the real Deepak Chopra quote! :-k

"Exponential causality is reliant on the thoughts and movements occurring within very specific quantum boundaries."

"Today, science tells us that the essential nature of reality is non-local correlation. Everything has a hidden creativity - everything has form."

"In the absence of a conscious entity, the moon remains radically ambiguous and ceaselessly flowing in a quantum soup."

"Nature is the foundation of symbolic modality. Ideally, this concept can sometimes be attributed to the 'unpredictability' effect."

Have fun!
:D

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Re: Fun With Deepak Chopra Quotes

Post #2

Post by Zzyzx »

[Replying to post 1 by SkyChief]

Those are prime examples of "If you can't convince them with facts you can always try to baffle them with bull ".

DC may be a master at that endeavor, but some who have "debated" here are not too far behind.

Word salads and definition / translation games are common. Re-interpretation of Bible tales to create whole new meanings is often attempted. Denigrate science while typing on a computer it provided (and seeking medical care when ill or injured). But when all else fails evoke infinity, origin of the universe, beginning of life as though such obfuscations and evasions actually supported belief in invisible, undetectable, supernatural gods (or a specific God).

I regard all such things as creative dance / fancy footwork -- amusing and entertaining at times but not conducive to honorable and reasoned debate.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #3

Post by Kenisaw »

SkyChief wrote: Deepak Chopra is a New Age Guru, and a master of nonsense who generously shares his absurd deep thoughts and gems of wisdom. He is arguably a Master of Random Ramblings.

Its fun for the whole Debating Christianity family. Atheists, and people of all faiths will be amazed at the staggering absurdity in his ramblings.

Here are four Deepak Chopra quotes. 3 of them I fabricated. One of them is an actual quote. See if you can identify the real Deepak Chopra quote! :-k

"Exponential causality is reliant on the thoughts and movements occurring within very specific quantum boundaries."

"Today, science tells us that the essential nature of reality is non-local correlation. Everything has a hidden creativity - everything has form."

"In the absence of a conscious entity, the moon remains radically ambiguous and ceaselessly flowing in a quantum soup."

"Nature is the foundation of symbolic modality. Ideally, this concept can sometimes be attributed to the 'unpredictability' effect."

Have fun!
:D
I'm going to guess the first one is authentic. I'm too lazy to look up if I'm right though, so I will wait to find out.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #4

Post by Divine Insight »

I don't know which one Deepak said, but the second one actually makes sense. The other three don't. So I'll take a stab at guessing this is the one he actually said:

[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #5

Post by Bust Nak »

I am going with "trick question, they are all real quotes by Deepak Chopra."

SkyChief
Apprentice

Post #6

Post by SkyChief »

I'll give you guys a hint. The actual Deepak Chopra quote is the most nonsensical, woo-woo statement of all of them.

This gem of wisdom can be found here

I hope this link works. If not, its a youtube video titled The Future of God Debate Sam Harris and Michael Shermer vs Deepak Chopra and Jean Houston.

Deepak makes the statement at ~ 29:30 in this video. Watch Michael Shermer's reaction to it!! Its priceless! Shermer becomes overwhelmed with all the nonsense flying around the room.

Deepak Chopra is a wonderfully charismatic and passionate character, but highly delusional about his understanding of the quantum universe.

Even the braniac cosmologists struggle with these concepts, yet it is so plainly apparent to Chopra! *laughs*

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #7

Post by Kenisaw »

[Replying to post 6 by SkyChief]

Funny stuff. Deepak looks genuinely pissed that anyone would laugh at that.

SkyChief
Apprentice

Post #8

Post by SkyChief »

"Always go with your passions. Never ask yourself if it's realistic or not." - Deepak Chopra

Wow. That's a toughie.

Profoundly poor advice, IMO.

It says to me "Critical Thinking is bad - make all judgement based on emotions and spirituality."

If one followed this credo, he/she would probably die at a young age!

shnarkle
Guru

Post #9

Post by shnarkle »

My guess is this is Deepak's quote

I just found the clip of Deepak, and was surprised at first to see it was the one about the moon being soup, but on further consideration, I get it. He's saying that if there is no one there to comprehend the moon it ceases to have any meaning. It takes someone to give it meaning. The moon has no meaning without someone to give it meaning. There is no one there to distinguish the moon from empty space.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #10

Post by Bust Nak »

shnarkle wrote: He's saying that if there is no one there to comprehend the moon it ceases to have any meaning. It takes someone to give it meaning. The moon has no meaning without someone to give it meaning. There is no one there to distinguish the moon from empty space.
Pretty sure you are giving him too much credit. I think he probably took Schrodinger's cat thought experiment and ran with it, "until some one observes the moon, it's both there and not there at the same time!"