Marriage at very young age

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

mms20102
Scholar

Marriage at very young age

Post #1

Post by mms20102 »

Marriage at the age of 10 11 and 12 was the habit of the 11th up to 17th century what do you think about it

mms20102
Scholar

Re: Marriage at very young age

Post #51

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to KenRU]
“Not good at� is not the same as “biologically unable to�. One is a physical limitation, than other is due to lack of experience. You do get that don't you?
They are able to no scientist would ever say they can't . They can but need some guidance .. Again if they are biologically mature .

World’s worst response why a 13 year old should be engaging in sex and marriage. Wow.
Because simply some got feelings at this age
How does acknowledging that a 13 year old’s brain is not developed enough for more mature decision making complicate things? I see it as the humane thing to do. And I’m baffled as to why you don’t.
Because I have been explaining that even adults could do poor decisions compared to undeveloped brains according to you . the point at any case is not developed brains and if its then like I have said before don't marry or engage in relationships unless you are 40 + as its " Proven " that at this age the human mind is completely developed why you don't get the fact that even adults get brain development until a certain age if your point is brain development then you should stick to it and if you do then the age for sex is 40
Far more states have the consent age (with parental permission) at 15 or 16. There are some exceptions and those are governed by a Special Cause.

But this is irrelevant again. We’re talking about 13 year olds
Well some 13 years old are more conscious than 14 and 15 its not about age some boys and girls develop fast and that's why you got skip classes in your teaching system

Which is not the case for Mohammed and Aisha.
And now you change to mohamed and Aisha does this means your done with 13s and 14s marriage ?!
Never said forced. I do not know if she was forced or not.
Then what's your claim about them ?
My opinion is that a 13 year old is not capable of giving permission for sex because her brain is not developed enough to fully understand. The science backs up that position.
Tell me the hard things she needs to understand ? science said the mind of a teen doesn't make irrational decisions all the way and that's why adult guidance is required to correct irrational decisions when happen what is so hard about this ?

Mohamed was a full adult with full rationality he could help her easily with any matter she would ask about also Mohamed had a second wife at that time and she also could help this teen at any point and her father was alive now what made that bad to happen ? saying that its immoral then its your own consideration at that time it was totally moral and every body did it
In my opinion, it is because it is a fictional story.
Why you bother debating a fictional story ? and what is your proof that its ?
Why don’t a predominant amount of abused wives speak out?
Abused wives I mean do you actually think any wife can't ask for a divorce ?!! or could a sad wife say she had a happy life ? logically its not applied here
What is the stat for 13 year olds?

And once again, this is irrelevant, and actually speaks to my point and not yours. Teenagers make mistakes because their brain is not developed enough to control impulses and emotions. You are making my argument for me, lol, again.
13 year old = a teenager very simple

now did you even ask yourself why they did it ? because actually they realized they needed to do sex at some point or they loved each other so much and wanted to sex .. now I don't know why its totally not allowed for teens but allowed for adults while teens could do it better than some adults why you keep referring to teens as handicaps why do you think there body developed at some point before their brains why not our nature was brain with body ... there body developed at this age to fulfill its needs some can hold his needs some others can't for those who can't we can't just punish them but we can offer them a solution other than condemn them

science at all points said they are ready for sex after puberty now you speak about mind development and it has nothing to do with sex infact and the main criticism made against Statutory rape laws was
Critics argue that an age limit cannot be used to determine the ability to consent to sex, since a young teenager might possess enough social sense to make informed and mature decisions about sex, while some adults might never develop the ability to make mature choices about sex, as even many mentally healthy individuals remain naive and easily manipulated throughout their lives

Once again, this is not about experience. It is about the brain being able to understand and control impulses and emotions. It doesn’t do this very well at age 13 (if at all).
According to science even adults at some point can't control their impulses and emotions its not about age its not about brain development its totally different from one to another

You still didn’t answer my question:

The chart you provide, and the article I sent you state plainly, that a young teenager’s brain is not physically developed enough to handle such adult experiences.

Do you agree with the science articles or not?
Well hope you agree first :

1- The results from these studies do not mean that a teenager will always make irrational decisions. They do, however, suggest that teenagers need guidance as their brains develop .

2- 40 + aged people
got crystalized intelligent generating a resistance to frustration , better inductive reasoning and greater tolerance for ambiguity . Skill at managing relationships improve.

Referring to those two points I would conclude every mind is under-development and teens are capable of making relationships under the guidance of adults

KenRU
Guru

Post #52

Post by KenRU »

I think we’re coming to the end of our discussion. It is unfortunate that we have made no progress.
mms20102 wrote: [Replying to KenRU]
“Not good at� is not the same as “biologically unable to�. One is a physical limitation, than other is due to lack of experience. You do get that don't you?
They are able to no scientist would ever say they can't . They can but need some guidance .. Again if they are biologically mature .
No, guidance doesn’t cut it. They do not have the ability to control impulses and emotional reactions. They need time to let the brain develop more.

This is a physical limitation. It is like arguing why you don’t want your 5’11 guard to dunk on a fast break. Sure he can dunk occasionally, but his physical limitation means he will not do it successfully very often.
World’s worst response why a 13 year old should be engaging in sex and marriage. Wow.
Because simply some got feelings at this age
So what. The data says a 13 year old can only poorly control those feelings, if at all.
How does acknowledging that a 13 year old’s brain is not developed enough for more mature decision making complicate things? I see it as the humane thing to do. And I’m baffled as to why you don’t.
Because I have been explaining that even adults could do poor decisions compared to undeveloped brains according to you .
Once again, you equate poor choices with the inability to make a choice. That is why we are not on the same page.
the point at any case is not developed brains
Yes it is. And, it should be if it is not yours. You are ignoring science in favor of archaic thinking.
and if its then like I have said before don't marry or engage in relationships unless you are 40 + as its " Proven " that at this age the human mind is completely developed why you don't get the fact that even adults get brain development until a certain age if your point is brain development then you should stick to it and if you do then the age for sex is 40
False, look at your chart again. Experience is not the same as development.

It is fair to ask me where I stand on 15 or 16 year olds engaging in sex and marriage (as they are teenagers and their brains are still developing). But to say a 40 year old has the same impulse limitation as a 13 year old is ridiculous.
Far more states have the consent age (with parental permission) at 15 or 16. There are some exceptions and those are governed by a Special Cause.

But this is irrelevant again. We’re talking about 13 year olds
Well some 13 years old are more conscious than 14 and 15 its not about age some boys and girls develop fast and that's why you got skip classes in your teaching system
You just don’t get it. Intelligence and memory is not the same as impulse control. This is getting tedious.
Which is not the case for Mohammed and Aisha.
And now you change to mohamed and Aisha
I never left it. This whole exchange is about why 13 year olds should not have sex or get married. I never left it. You did by repeatedly talking about teenagers – as if a 19 year old is the same biologically as a 13 year old.
does this means your done with 13s and 14s marriage ?!
Read my posts more carefully. I never left this subject.
Never said forced. I do not know if she was forced or not.
Then what's your claim about them ?
It has been and always was about why 13 year olds (and younger) should not engage in sex or marriage. Science tells us about the underdeveloped frontal lobe.
My opinion is that a 13 year old is not capable of giving permission for sex because her brain is not developed enough to fully understand. The science backs up that position.
Tell me the hard things she needs to understand ?
Children at that age will not be able to control impulses, and emotional responses. They lack the ability to appreciate the consequences of their actions.
science said the mind of a teen doesn't make irrational decisions all the way and that's why adult guidance is required to correct irrational decisions when happen what is so hard about this ?
“All the way�. Who said “all the way�? Not me. But the point is, 13 year old brains are not developed biologically yet to control impulses and appreciate consequences.
Mohamed was a full adult with full rationality he could help her easily with any matter she would ask about also Mohamed had a second wife at that time and she also could help this teen at any point and her father was alive now
We are not debating the benevolence of polygamous families, lol. So, I’ll skip this one.
what made that bad to happen ? saying that its immoral then its your own consideration at that time it was totally moral and every body did it
Sure, it is my and, I venture, many other people’s opinions that 13 year olds engaging in sex and marriage is immoral. Just as it is your opinion that it isn’t. Why don’t we let the science on the subject hash it out? Please argue why you think an underdeveloped frontal lobe is of no concern here.
In my opinion, it is because it is a fictional story.
Why you bother debating a fictional story ?
Because, imo, people claim to get their morals from many religious books. Such as condoning child sex and child marriages.
and what is your proof that its ?
What is your proof it is true? That is the proper question. What is your proof that the Bhagavad Gita or the Holy Bible is false?
Why don’t a predominant amount of abused wives speak out?
Abused wives I mean do you actually think any wife can't ask for a divorce ?!! or could a sad wife say she had a happy life ? logically its not applied here
It very much applies. Many wives in abusive homes are afraid to speak out or leave. For many reasons. This (again) is not debatable.
What is the stat for 13 year olds?

And once again, this is irrelevant, and actually speaks to my point and not yours. Teenagers make mistakes because their brain is not developed enough to control impulses and emotions. You are making my argument for me, lol, again.
13 year old = a teenager very simple
Again, a 13 year old is biologically and neurologically different (development-wise) than a 19 year old, yet both are teenagers.
now did you even ask yourself why they did it ? because actually they realized they needed to do sex at some point or they loved each other so much and wanted to sex .. now I don't know why its totally not allowed for teens but allowed for adults while teens could do it better than some adults why you keep referring to teens as handicaps
13 year olds are not the same as 19 year olds.
why do you think there body developed at some point before their brains why not our nature was brain with body
Study biology neurology if you want a specific or more detailed answer. In the meantime, I suggest you default to the common wisdom of biologists, psychologists, and neurologists.
... there body developed at this age to fulfill its needs some can hold his needs some others can't for those who can't we can't just punish them but we can offer them a solution other than condemn them
I am condemning no one. I am acknowledging a biological difference and limitation. You are not.
science at all points said they are ready for sex after puberty
Being able to reproduce is not the sole subject that should be considered here.
now you speak about mind development
No! Not now, I have been saying this from the start!
and it has nothing to do with sex infact and the main criticism made against Statutory rape laws was
Critics argue that an age limit cannot be used to determine the ability to consent to sex, since a young teenager might possess enough social sense to make informed and mature decisions about sex, while some adults might never develop the ability to make mature choices about sex, as even many mentally healthy individuals remain naive and easily manipulated throughout their lives

Once again, this is not about experience. It is about the brain being able to understand and control impulses and emotions. It doesn’t do this very well at age 13 (if at all).
According to science even adults at some point can't control their impulses and emotions its not about age its not about brain development its totally different from one to another
Yes, some adults are more challenged then others. So, there you go, 13 year olds should have sex. That is a ridiculous conclusion to draw.

I’m not going to argue that I have all the answers, but I am going to argue that we make informed decisions.

For the record, find me a serious argument or article that is advocating for 13 year olds to engage in sex. Not one that mentions teenagers. There is a difference.

You still didn’t answer my question:

The chart you provide, and the article I sent you state plainly, that a young teenager’s brain is not physically developed enough to handle such adult experiences.

Do you agree with the science articles or not?
Well hope you agree first :

1- The results from these studies do not mean that a teenager will always make irrational decisions. They do, however, suggest that teenagers need guidance as their brains develop .

2- 40 + aged people
got crystalized intelligent generating a resistance to frustration , better inductive reasoning and greater tolerance for ambiguity . Skill at managing relationships improve.

Referring to those two points I would conclude every mind is under-development and teens are capable of making relationships under the guidance of adults
OK, you disagree. Got it.

Science means little to you here. You cherry pick the points you want and ignore the points that are inconvenient.

I see little point in continuing.

Perhaps someone else here would care to pick up the ball?

Please?

Anyone? Lol.
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg

mms20102
Scholar

Post #53

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to post 50 by KenRU]

This post I will call it the load of science

http://www.futurity.org/impulse-control ... for-teens/
Teens may not be able to fully control impulses and resist peer pressure until they reach their early 20s, according to a new study of adolescent judgment and decision-making. The findings suggest teens may lack the emotional maturity to be held as responsible as an adult for a violent crime.

In contrast, intellectual abilities such as logical reasoning reach adult levels long before psychosocial maturity is achieved.

Researchers found that certain cognitive abilities reach adult levels by the age of 16, while emotional maturity isn’t attained until after 22.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publicat ... shtml#pub7

The scans also suggest that different parts of the cortex mature at different rates. Areas involved in more basic functions mature first: those involved, for example, in the processing of information from the senses, and in controlling movement. The parts of the brain responsible for more "top-down" control, controlling impulses, and planning ahead—the hallmarks of adult behavior—are among the last to mature.

Scientists emphasize that the fact that the teen brain is in transition doesn't mean it is somehow not up to par.

http://www.aacap.org/AACAP/Families_and ... g-095.aspx

These brain differences don’t mean that young people can’t make good decisions or tell the difference between right and wrong. It also doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t be held responsible for their actions. But an awareness of these differences can help parents, teachers, advocates, and policy makers understand, anticipate, and manage the behavior of adolescents.

http://raisingchildren.net.au/articles/ ... agers.html

Children’s brains have a massive growth spurt when they’re very young. By the time they’re six, their brains are already about 90-95% of adult size. But the brain still needs a lot of remodelling before it can function as an adult brain.

This brain remodelling happens intensively during adolescence, continuing into your child’s mid-20s.

Some brain changes happen before puberty, and some continue long after. Brain change depends on age, experience and hormonal changes in puberty.

So even though all teenagers’ brains develop in roughly the same way at the same time, there are differences among individual teenagers. For example, if your child started puberty early, this might mean that some of your child’s brain changes started early too.

Conclusion of science

1- Teenagers " May not be able to fully control impulses and resist peer pressure " until the age of 22 ( another site said 26 )
2- In contrast, intellectual abilities such as logical reasoning reach adult levels long before psychosocial maturity is achieved.
3- Scientists emphasize that the fact that the teen brain is in transition doesn't mean it is somehow not up to par.
4- These brain differences don’t mean that young people can’t make good decisions or tell the difference between right and wrong. It also doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t be held responsible for their actions.
5- So even though all teenagers’ brains develop in roughly the same way at the same time, there are differences among individual teenagers. For example, if your child started puberty early, this might mean that some of your child’s brain changes started early too. ( which is the case of Aisha )

If you want me to follow your point then no girl or boy should be allowed for any relationship until the age of 26 where the mind have the full ability according to science

KenRU
Guru

Post #54

Post by KenRU »

[Replying to post 53 by mms20102]

A 13 year old brain is far different than a 19 year old brain. BOTH are teenagers.

Show me any article or science data that says anything different than "13 year old brains are poor at understanding consequences of their actions, have poor judgment abilities and poor ability to control emotional responses." And, (just to discredit your point further) show me where it says that the difference is just due to experience, and not a biological development issue.

You can't.

Obviously, the younger the teenager, the less developed the frontal lobe is. The older the teenager, the more developed the frontal lobe is. Seems simple and logical to me.

If you want me to follow your point, then you'll need to find data that shows a 13 year old brain is no different than a 19 year old.

I'll be waiting patiently.
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg

mms20102
Scholar

Post #55

Post by mms20102 »

Show me any article or science data that says anything different than "13 year old brains are poor at understanding consequences of their actions, have poor judgment abilities and poor ability to control emotional responses." And, (just to discredit your point further) show me where it says that the difference is just due to experience, and not a biological development issue.

You can't.
denying every fact I give will not help you said they are so poor while scientists refuse your sayings .. and if we need to wait for full mind development then we wait up to the age of 26 and not 19 as you claim

1- Teenagers " May not be able to fully control impulses and resist peer pressure " until the age of 22 ( another site said 26 )
2- In contrast, intellectual abilities such as logical reasoning reach adult levels long before psychosocial maturity is achieved.
3- Scientists emphasize that the fact that the teen brain is in transition doesn't mean it is somehow not up to par.
4- These brain differences don’t mean that young people can’t make good decisions or tell the difference between right and wrong. It also doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t be held responsible for their actions.
5- So even though all teenagers’ brains develop in roughly the same way at the same time, there are differences among individual teenagers. For example, if your child started puberty early, this might mean that some of your child’s brain changes started early too. ( which is the case of Aisha )

I guess those points are so clear to understand and can say totally a teen can do emotional contact and they have a greater emotional impact than adults that means if they love some one they love him totally and vice versa .

please note that you didn't provide any thing to prove that teens have poor decision making and all sites says they have rational decision but can be deviated by peers that's why they need some guidance since some times they don't take care about consequences because they are risk takers and this field is devoted to ( addiction and crime ) not emotional part or normal life decisions

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #56

Post by OnceConvinced »

mms20102 wrote:
Animals didn't watch extensive guide for how to have sex or how to raise a child
Neither are they condemned for having sex outside of marriage or anything like that.
A lot can be learned form the animal kingdom, in particular that sexual urges and lust have nothing to do with any evil being trying to tempt your or lead you to do bad things. They are all natural traits we as humans are endowed with.

Unlike animals though, we have the ability to reason. Reasoning shows us young teens are not mature enough to enter into marriage. Ken makes very valid points in his previous posts.
mms20102 wrote: our grand fathers and people from history didn't have all that worries about marriage we just complicate things
Yes, particularly by making silly religious rules about sex and by condemning people who don't follow those rigid rules as "whores".
mms20102 wrote: The Crown Prosecution guidelines state "t is not in the public interest to prosecute children who are of the same or similar age and understanding that engage in sexual activity, where the activity is truly consensual for both parties and there are no aggravating features, such as coercion or corruption."[33]

This would be sensible as at that age they are likely to get involved in sexual relationships. It's part of their natural urges. It would be silly to put them in jail at that age. The problem is when adults start using children to satisfy their own sexual cravings, as Mohammed did.

mms20102 wrote:

You have stated that she was forced by her father and Marco said that prophet Mohamed raped her and you didn't prove that she was forced but you just deduced it

That is statutory rape, which is a crime in civilised society:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutory_rape

mms20102 wrote:
now i would ask you why she didn't say any thing bad about it ?

Because she was brainwashed. She was manipulated an an early age to see it as ok and normal. It is typical of statutory rape situations.

mms20102 wrote:
she always said we had a happy life and she said he appointed me to speak to women in the matter of religion .. why would prophet mohamed appoint a teen to speak of she is normal and how was she capable of narrating prophet's words if she was young to understand .. If she at any point felt oppressed or forced she would say it and if she was forced she won't say she had a happy life

Children who are indoctrinated and brainwashed at early ages will often see things that are immoral and horrible as normal and acceptable.

mms20102 wrote:
now they are all guilty to have a desire there body naturally developed now if you consider that teens should be alarmed about sexual diseases they may get from partners then I totally agree but if you tell me they need to know how to do sex then no parents can refer it in very light and in a simple way other than a guide or explanation because its some thing that even animals doesn't need to learn

Marriage does not prevent sexually transmitted diseases. People can get married, be completely loyal to their partner and still contract a disease from their partner.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

mms20102
Scholar

Post #57

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to post 56 by OnceConvinced]

And because we are not animals we have to marry ...

Yes, particularly by making silly religious rules about sex and by condemning people who don't follow those rigid rules as "whores".
well whores get paid but others don't so technically they can't be whores :)
This would be sensible as at that age they are likely to get involved in sexual relationships. It's part of their natural urges. It would be silly to put them in jail at that age. The problem is when adults start using children to satisfy their own sexual cravings, as Mohammed did.

since they are likely why not allow them to marry ?! ( we are repeating ourselves
That is statutory rape, which is a crime in civilised society:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutory_rape
Do you mean some American states are not civilized ? and America 10 to 20 years ago was not ? this law was made for hidden relationships for marriage there must be a wedding and extra so there is a big difference mohamed didn't marry Aisha without the knowledge of her father nor he lured her to be his wife actually her father offered mohamed to marry her twice and at the second time prophet mohamed accepted
as for science I have posted already early puberty = early brain development
Because she was brainwashed. She was manipulated an an early age to see it as ok and normal. It is typical of statutory rape situations.
I'm sorry you are on the weak side now pagans at mohamed time used to oppress women and when they get a baby girl they used to parry her alive in the desert ! early marriage in contrast wasn't to force children but to tighten relationships just like many of marriages that I have gave example before and it was a norm at that age .. I was clear about early marriage if kids can do it and do it behind our backs let them do it in front of us and we will guide them ...
Children who are indoctrinated and brainwashed at early ages will often see things that are immoral and horrible as normal and acceptable.

so you want to tell me that a murder teen will see murder when he grow up as acceptable ! sorry you have missed this point too every body mentioned how great was Aisha and even western scholars they have all said that she was very smart more than any girl of her age .. smart people can't be easily brainwashed or you could have been Christian for ever
Marriage does not prevent sexually transmitted diseases. People can get married, be completely loyal to their partner and still contract a disease from their partner.
Of course but it reduce it by 80% at least and if both are virgins its 90% one rule in Islam about remarriage is a woman should wait for 3 months until she remarry in fact this process keep the women healthy

KenRU
Guru

Post #58

Post by KenRU »

mms20102 wrote:

You can't.
denying every fact I give will not help you
If I didn’t follow up my denials with a link to a scientific article AND show you where the chart YOU supplied said you were wrong, you might have a point.
said they are so poor while scientists refuse your sayings
No, your chart showed that young teenagers have poor Impulse Control, poor Judgement and poor Decision Making.

The chart you provided shows this. It is not my opinion. Please respond to this point.
.. and if we need to wait for full mind development then we wait up to the age of 26 and not 19 as you claim
I never said we need to wait until the brain is fully developed. How about we compromise and both acknowledge that it is a bad idea for individuals whose brains are still poorly developed (13 year old brains, for example) to be involved in sex and marriage.
What does it say about 13 year olds?
How is a 13 year olds logical reasoning?
It does mean, however, that a 13 year old’s brain is not up to par (according to your chart) for Impulse Control, Judgement and Decision Making.
In many cases, it does. The data says you are wrong. AGAIN, I am talking about 13 year olds. You can stop showing data for teenagers, and start acknowledging that we are talking about 13 year olds engaging in sex and marriage – AS MOHAMMAD did.

See the chart you provided me for where the development of an adolescent brain is. And then tell me what it says this brain is poor at doing.

I guess those points are so clear to understand and can say totally a teen can do emotional contact and they have a greater emotional impact than adults that means if they love some one they love him totally and vice versa .

Show me any data that says a 13 year brain is capable of what you are saying. Can you find me one scientific article that even says a 13 year old brain can do those things I mentioned above even adequately? Good luck.

please note that you didn't provide any thing to prove that teens have poor decision making

Your right. YOU DID! See your own chart.

and all sites says they have rational decision but can be deviated by peers that's why they need some guidance since some times they don't take care about consequences because they are risk takers and this field is devoted to ( addiction and crime ) not emotional part or normal life decisions

Asked and answered. See above.

mms20102
Scholar

Post #59

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to KenRU]

Now you take what you like and throw what you don't and you seem not to have a clear point about what you want to say on early posts you said girls should be fully developed now you justify and make another case .
All you do is just saying 13 years old got a little development ( which is in the chart up to the age of 22 to 26 ) and should not do sex , yet you agree 16 17 18 is ok with sex even if they are mentally not developed and still got irrational decisions but you are ok with that . I can see no logic here

A fact is a fact , its not parted and its a whole once you take some thing you take all or you leave it all , but picking what you like will only make no point but yours and won't be the scientists' at any point

you speak about the chart then accept that every body should marry at the age of 40 .. you accept the sites then all should marry at the age of 26 " only if we follow your point "

Now if we follow my point its totally random once a girl get's her first period she is fit and I have to tell you that in some countries girls get's period at the age of 15 and 16 and its normal .. we can't judge a person by his age but by his biological status .. since weather and other factors affect the biological development of people its can't be defined at what age people should marry .
My religion stated that people should marry when they become sexually mature we where created to get mature sexually faster than mentally that's why its ok to marry before the full mental development .

KenRU
Guru

Post #60

Post by KenRU »

mms20102 wrote: [Replying to KenRU]

Now you take what you like and throw what you don't and you seem not to have a clear point about what you want to say on early posts you said girls should be fully developed now you justify and make another case .
False. Show me where I ever said that. Good luck.
All you do is just saying 13 years old got a little development ( which is in the chart up to the age of 22 to 26 )
You do recognize that the chart shows a PROGRESSION, right? Left being poor, right being better.
and should not do sex , yet you agree 16 17 18 is ok with sex even if they are mentally not developed
For the love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster! 16+ year olds are more developed than a 13 year old. What is the title of this post?
and still got irrational decisions but you are ok with that . I can see no logic here
That is because you want an all or nothing, black or white answer. IT ISN'T. The brain develops over time. Again, a 13 year old brain is different than a 19 year old. AND we are not talking about experience.
A fact is a fact ,
Agreed. A 13 year old brain is not the same as a 19 year old. Glad you agree.
its not parted and its a whole once you take some thing you take all or you leave it all , but picking what you like will only make no point but yours and won't be the scientists' at any point
You think me pointing out that a 19 year old brain is different than a 13 year old brain, is ME picking and choosing facts? Holy Toledo.

According to your chart: young teenagers have poor Impulse Control, poor Judgment and poor Decision Making

You have yet to address this, and, in fact, this shows that you are ignoring the range of development that a teenager's brain goes through.

But let's not let facts get in the way. I guess.
you speak about the chart then accept that every body should marry at the age of 40
Why would I do that? The chart clearly shows that a teenager's brain continuously develops. AND that a 13 year old is on the low end of important functions (already mentioned a zillion times).

No where did I say that we should wait until the brain is fully developed. The data (that you keep ignoring) shows that teenagers do eventually get better at Impulse Control. This statement shows the weakness of your argument - and a veritable lack of compassion imo.
.. you accept the sites then all should marry at the age of 26 " only if we follow your point "
Only if you are NOT following my point. Read again.
Now if we follow my point its totally random once a girl get's her first period she is fit
What a horrible concept.
and I have to tell you that in some countries girls get's period at the age of 15 and 16 and its normal .. we can't judge a person by his age but by his biological status
Or, and here is an idea, we can judge them by how mature they are - and this is comprised of both puberty's development and their neurological development.
.. since weather and other factors affect the biological development of people
Weather? Really? You have any data to support this assertion?
its can't be defined at what age people should marry .
Sure it can. We can use science: biology, neurology and psychology to inform our decisions. How is this a bad idea?
My religion stated that people should marry when they become sexually mature we where created to get mature sexually faster than mentally that's why its ok to marry before the full mental development .
Well, we wholly disagree here. We know more now than when your religion was founded. I think it is a good idea to use that information to make better and more informed decisions. You don't. And that is a bad thing, imo.