Sins and forgiveness

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

E.G
Student

Sins and forgiveness

Post #1

Post by E.G »

They told you: Jesus main purpose coming to earth was to forgive your sins…Really!?

I considered myself one among those who once fell into a trap set by false teachers, crooked preachers or pastors, also false doctrines that have caused confusions to many people, later disappointments . I was naive at that time and bought into the doctrine of fear, guilt and intimidation.

What saved me and put me on the track of success was KNOWLEDGE, and knowledge came to me through reading, studying and asking questions:

Knowledge of the TRUTH from the Bible:

Why did Jesus Christ come to earth?

John 10:10 “…I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.� Most interestingly is that this verse starts with this statement, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy.� Those are the crooks I am speaking of. Do not get me wrong, there are honest preachers, but they are very few and you need to search diligently to find one.

Then in Matthew 11:28 Lord Christ said: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

[center]This is called the Spirit of the teaching and the core of the mission.[/center]
Would be there also a forgiveness of sin and a need for repentance? Of course, but that was not the main purpose of his coming to earth, how do I know that?, from the Biblical teaching in 1 John 4:8, “…because God is love.� and from Ephesians 5:2, “He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us.�

So, why do many teachers, preachers, pastors or priests put the emphasis in their message on sin and how lucky you are that your sin can be forgiven and forgotten, etc.,?
In my opinion and in one word: Control; they want to control your mind and soul then manipulate you any way they desire.
[center]What is your opinion? and what are you going to do about this "sin"?[/center]

dio9
Under Probation

Post #21

Post by dio9 »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead]

The first mistake we all make is asking , don't ask , figure it out for yourself.

E.G
Student

Post #22

Post by E.G »

[Replying to Elijah John]

Jesus mission was a multipurpose one; the first part has to do with God himself, in order to restore glory to God (respect and authority, which also means God would not be defeated by Satan or lose a war, remember what happened in the Garden of Eden...).

In that regard Apostle Paul describes how this first and most important part of the mission was fulfilled, as we can read in Colossians 2:15, “Having disarmed the rulers and authorities [that is Satan and his angels], he has made a public disgrace of them, triumphing over them by the cross.�

The second part was directed toward us (humanity), and as "Avatar", (for example), mentioned in his reply:

Code: Select all

Jesus mission is best summed up by Luke 4.17-19:
Quote:
17 And there was delivered unto him [a]the book of the prophet Isaiah. And he opened the [b]book, and found the place where it was written,
18 [c]The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
[d]Because he anointed me to preach [e]good tidings to the poor:
He hath sent me to proclaim release to the captives,
And recovering of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty them that are bruised,
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.

And also, in his trial before Pilate when he say that the reason he was born was to "bear witness to the truth".
The point I am trying to drive home is that knowing the full truth about why did Jesus come to earth would set you free from false doctrines were meant to control your mind and soul and torment you with guilt. You can ask yourself this question:

Why do certain preachers prefer to pound heavily on the second part of Christ mission and elaborate on sin and the wages of sin, constantly laying a guilt trip on people?

In my opinion and in one word: Control; they want to control your mind and soul then manipulate you any way they desire.

Also, false preachers purposely want to make us the center of the message (not God), simply because they are after you, not for you.

“For there shall arise false Christs, false prophets and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect� – Mattew: 24-24.

marco
Savant

Re: Sins and forgiveness

Post #23

Post by marco »

Saved75 wrote:
The reason why Jesus came, was to save sinners, Jn 3: 16--17. 1 Tim 1: 15.
That would be a foolish mission. Nazis murdered sinless kids in the Holocaust. Yet you emphasise that it is the SINNER Jesus came to save not the poor kids, who were left to die, as their parents begged God for help.

There is no evidence in the years since Christ departed this earth that he achieved anything good for those who suffer in this life. Before he came, the downtrodden were downtrodden; after he left, the downtrodden are downtrodden.

E.G
Student

Post #24

Post by E.G »

[Replying to marco]

Dear marco,

I read you comments with interest. I would like to say that in your own words, you stated, "It has been established, I understand, that many Jews were saved by the Vatican by placing them in monasteries.

"One's preconceived notion of how things may be is not a good basis for debating how they actually are."

Then you come here and reverse your position total saying:"There is no evidence in the years since Christ departed this earth that he achieved anything good for those who suffer in this life."
Now, I don't think I need to remind you who is the one the the Vatican represents and works on his behalf.

I am a bit surprised that while you are an eloquent writer and intelligent person, you seem to allow emotion, or perhaps, unfortunate religious experience to take over you sound judgement and preconceived conclusions.

Cheers,

marco
Savant

Post #25

Post by marco »

E.G wrote: [Replying to marco]

Dear marco,

I read you comments with interest. I would like to say that in your own words, you stated, "It has been established, I understand, that many Jews were saved by the Vatican by placing them in monasteries.

"One's preconceived notion of how things may be is not a good basis for debating how they actually are."

Then you come here and reverse your position total saying:"There is no evidence in the years since Christ departed this earth that he achieved anything good for those who suffer in this life."
Now, I don't think I need to remind you who is the one the the Vatican represents and works on his behalf.

I am a bit surprised that while you are an eloquent writer and intelligent person, you seem to allow emotion, or perhaps, unfortunate religious experience to take over your sound judgement and preconceived conclusions.

Cheers,
Thanks for your astute observation of my inconsistency. I would hesitate to claim that I never change my mind but there is no contradiction in what you outline above. I do not believe that people of Athens or Rome were incapable of acting with great humanity. Seneca objected to the treatment of Christians though of course he was not a Christian. Jesus had nothing to do with it. Those who saved Jews acted with humanity. Good people, not the deeds of Jesus, helped to rescue Jews. Across the globe people act with altruism; I cannot see that this is linked to the death of Christ. I was defending the RC Church from the charge of helping Hitler, not lauding Christ.

I am of course affected by emotion. We all are. I like to suppose I have escaped my religious origins, despite the Jesuit claim that they receive the child and give back the man. As for reversing my position totally, I think it is good to be able to argue both sides of an argument. My best wishes.