Belief in existence of God scientific. Denial - unscientific

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

theStudent
Guru

Belief in existence of God scientific. Denial - unscientific

Post #1

Post by theStudent »

The length of the thread, in the link below, is largely due to repeated questions.on the contained information. The following is open for debate.
Belief in the existence of God is scientific. Denial - unscientific.

For those who disagree with the above, please state why, and/or provide evidence for the following:
  • God does not exist.
  • God exists only in the mind of the believer.
  • Miracles do not happen.
  • The Bible is a book of myths.

John 8:32
. . .the truth will set you free.

RonE
Scholar

Re: Belief in existence of God scientific. Denial - unscient

Post #371

Post by RonE »

[Replying to post 370 by theStudent]
theStudent wrote: [Replying to post 369 by RonE]
RonE wrote:Since we cannot really detect dark matter yet, we only suspect it's existence due to the gravitational issue mentioned above. What if one day we do prove it's existence? What will that say about your god?
I have not said that God is Dark Matter, nor have I said that he is like Dark Matter.
I simpky said that he exists in the same way these invisible "forces" exists.
The same way these "forces" cause detectable effects, he does as well.
I understand that you would like to claim your god creates effects, but you have not proven that he does so. Do you have some evidence of these effects to show your god created them and not just the mind of man?
theStudent wrote:
RonE wrote:How is spirit different than consciousness? Can you prove by scientific experiment that either exist? NO.
You can yes.
Of course we have.
They know.
If however, you restrict your scientific experiment, then you have denied the evidence. It does not however, prevent the empirical evidence for God's existence.
In your order:
Please elaborate
How and to what effect?
Who is they? Please detail.
If you do not have evidence from using scientific methods all you have is make-believe.
*"On the other hand, we have people who are believers who are so completely sold on the literal interpretation of the first book of the Bible that they are rejecting very compelling scientific data about the age of the earth and the relatedness of living beings." Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D.
*The Atheist has the comfort of no fears for an afterlife and lacks any compulsion to blow himself up.
* Science flies to you the moon.... religion flies you into buildings.
* Faith isn’t a virtue; it is the glorification of voluntary ignorance.

Willum
Savant

Re: Belief in existence of God scientific. Denial - unscient

Post #372

Post by Willum »

theStudent wrote: The length of the thread, in the link below, is largely due to repeated questions.on the contained information. The following is open for debate.
Belief in the existence of God is scientific. Denial - unscientific.

For those who disagree with the above, please state why, and/or provide evidence for the following:
  • God does not exist.
  • God exists only in the mind of the believer.
  • Miracles do not happen.
  • The Bible is a book of myths.

There is no phenomena or thing that requires a God to exist.
God does not explain anything, or if God ceases to exist, nothing would change.
The Bible being a book of myths is the easiest to demonstrate. The two different stories of Genesis (you know the contradictory ones,) are from Sumerian (the Creation) and Greek (the birth of evil) from Pandora. Cain and Able, are Egypt's Set and Osiris. Abraham is son of Rahab, the Sea, or Hathor.
I can go on and on...

Even Jesus, is simply Dionysus. Though Christians defamed the poor deity into a god of lechery, he has the same story.

And Lookie here! DionYsus minus Dion = Ysus. or Jesus. Thank you theStudend, I was wondering what the correct derivation of Jesus was: You have allowed me to discover it! (If one were to derive Jesus from Joshua, you need to translate it though Greek and Latin, as well as drop a syllable: Joshua should become Ioseous, if done properly.)

DioNysus, of course means Dio (god) ny (born) Sus (Zeus). God of Zeus. Dionysus is the ONLY god born of a human mother, and so on.