Moderator: Moderators

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Any Trump Supporters Still on Board?

Post #1

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

Even Fox News is abandoning ship.

Fox News
“Donald Trump’s vitriolic attacks against Megyn Kelly and his extreme, sick obsession with her is beneath the dignity of a presidential candidate who wants to occupy the highest office in the land. Megyn is an exemplary journalist and one of the leading anchors in America — we’re extremely proud of her phenomenal work and continue to fully support her throughout every day of Trump’s endless barrage of crude and sexist verbal assaults. As the mother of three young children, with a successful law career and the second highest rated show in cable news, it’s especially deplorable for her to be repeatedly abused just for doing her job.�
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03 ... kelly.html

Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

Yahu
Banned
Banned

Re: Any Trump Supporters Still on Board?

Post #2

Post by Yahu »

Tired of the Nonsense wrote: Even Fox News is abandoning ship.

Fox News
“Donald Trump’s vitriolic attacks against Megyn Kelly and his extreme, sick obsession with her is beneath the dignity of a presidential candidate who wants to occupy the highest office in the land.
One of Trump's biggest advantages is that he doesn't care to be 'politically correct' since he is not a career politician. People are tired of politicians.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #3

Post by Divine Insight »

Yahu wrote: One of Trump's biggest advantages is that he doesn't care to be 'politically correct' since he is not a career politician. People are tired of politicians.
This only works until "the People" realize that they are included in the people Trump doesn't give a hoot about.

Keep in mind that "He and He Alone" has the solution to all the problems of the USA and the world. If anyone else dares to offer an opinion that differs from his he'll strip them of any an all credentials they might have and pronounce them to be unfit as a human being.

So this alienates everyone except a few supporters who either have no independent opinions of their own, or who agree with just anything Trump says.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

Yahu wrote:

Fox News
“Donald Trump’s vitriolic attacks against Megyn Kelly and his extreme, sick obsession with her is beneath the dignity of a presidential candidate who wants to occupy the highest office in the land.
One of Trump's biggest advantages is that he doesn't care to be 'politically correct' since he is not a career politician. People are tired of politicians.
In October of 1962 the US and the Soviets were nose to nose in a little incident known as the Cuban Missile Crisis. I was 14 years old at the time, and the prospect of an imminent nuclear holocaust was palpably real. Fortunately experienced diplomats and politicians on both sides kept their heads and negotiated a solution that did not result in the end of humanity. Of course Christians, who have been praying for and promoting the end of the world for thousands of years were immensely disappointed by this development. But of course they keep on hoping. One day they will get one of their own with an itchy trigger finger into a position of being able to order the launches. And then it will be right back to the dark ages for those that survive. But of course for those of you with your end of times death wish, it can't happen soon enough.
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

catnip
Guru

Post #5

Post by catnip »

Yahu wrote:

Fox News
Of course he is a politician! And he is very classically a politician in the way he aims his platform to attract his target voters. He is willing to tell you anything he thinks you want to hear. Recently, with this landslide against him, he is going back to the drawing board, reorganizing his campaign--apparently they had thought people wanted something that they really didn't want.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #6

Post by Elijah John »

Yahu wrote:

Fox News
I still don't like the guy's personality. And when we had about 14 other excellent Republicans to choose from, Trump didn't seem all that appealing by contrast. And I got angry at the way he insulted some of my favorites, (Marco Rubio, Carly Fiorena etc.)

But now that it's basically a two person race, (and I didn't think this was possible) Hillary makes Trump look good and ethical by comparison.

I too, am tired of PC nonsense saturating our campuses, and our country. Trump is not PC. I like that. Hillary is all too PC.

Trump wants to put America first, Hillary would do just the opposite. A continuation of Obama.

Trump seems more focused now, surrounding himself with mostly good people. His speeches have gotten a lot more substantive.

I credit Kellyanne Conway for a lot of this.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #7

Post by Divine Insight »

Elijah John wrote: Hillary makes Trump look good and ethical by comparison.
How so? Hillary hasn't done anything different from any other politician who ever lived. Everyone who is in a position of power uses that position to make various "deals".

In fact, Trump brags about how he loves to make "deals". Do you think for one second that if Trump was president he wouldn't be "in bed" with every large corporation that exists? He's promising to deregulate big business to create more jobs and more pollution. Do you think he won't be playing favors to the corporations who donate the largest amounts to him or his causes? This is how politics has been done for centuries. Hillary is no exception and Trump won't be an exception either.

In fact, according to Trump's business history he's already been doing this sort of thing in the private sector.
Elijah John wrote: I too, am tired of PC nonsense saturating our campuses, and our country. Trump is not PC. I like that. Hillary is all too PC.
Or you could recognize that PC is just a term used to mean "Accomplished with Respect". Are you saying that you prefer a Crude Bully? So you would like to see our leaders go from being PC to being CB?
Elijah John wrote: Trump wants to put America first, Hillary would do just the opposite. A continuation of Obama.
This is absolute baloney. Obama has always placed America first. In fact he's even placed Americans first. It's the Americans who wanted him to get out of Iraq and not to engage in any other wars or nation building. Obama has actually done what Americans were asking for. And now they act like they are upset about it.

What's Trump going to do? Enlarge the military and send them over to CRUSH ISIS and then stick around to insure that new nations are built without people like ISIS interfering?

That's exactly what the American people claim they don't want.
Elijah John wrote: Trump seems more focused now, surrounding himself with mostly good people. His speeches have gotten a lot more substantive.

I credit Kellyanne Conway for a lot of this.
Then why not vote for Kellyanne Conway for president because if Trump becomes president Kellyanne Conway will no longer be able to pull his puppet strings.

Can you even begin to imagine how much domestic violence and protests there will be if Trump actually creates a task force to start deporting millions of people from America?

It will be hell.

And he has also promised to make the black neighborhoods "safe" so they don't need to worry about getting shot when they walk down the streets of their own neighborhoods.

How do you think he's going to do that? He's going to need to send in police task forces to enforce the laws in those neighborhoods and arrest and remove any and all suspicious characters.

That is just going to have the black people coming out in droves protesting "BlackLivesMatter". But then Trump promises to have all those protesters taken away on stretchers of being disruptive of LAW & ORDER! Remember he's the LAW & ORDER candidate folks. He's not going to stand for protests against the police departments.

Don't worry folks your dangerous black neighborhoods will be safe in a jiffy. Just as soon as we either lock up or shoot all your kids.

Oh, and let's not forget to deport the Muslims too! Especially the Khan Family. How dare they exercise their FREEDOM OF SPEECH in America!
[center]Image
[/center]

Elijah John
Savant

Post #8

Post by Elijah John »

[Replying to post 7 by Divine Insight]

Don't get me wrong. I don't like the "bully" part of Trump's personality. I don't like the insults that he's hurled as some of his more qualified, and classier competitors in the Republican party.

But "Bullying" is not equivelent to "anti-PC."

PC is the position most often embraced by College campuses, the press, and the Hollywood Left.

Examples include:

-unrestricted immigration.
-unfettered access to abortion, ie abortion on demand.
-the supposed equality of all cultures. including, presumably, those that practice sharia and allow honor killings.
-giving criminal thugs the benefit of the doubt and undue sympathy, instead of supporting law enforcement.
-risking the lives of Americans in the name of "compassion", for example by importing Ebola patients to treat them in the US instead of treating them in Africa.
-inviting eve MORE Syrian refugees into the US than even Obama wanted, again, putting Americans at risk., giving terrorists a chance to "blend in" with them.
-leveling the charge of "racism" at the drop of a hat. being called "racist" for saying all lives matter.
-selective enforcement of the law, such as allowing "sanctuary cities".
-going way beyond the term "gay rights" or even LGBT, rights, now it's "LBGTQIA" what's next, the whole alphabet?
-coddling students with "safe spaces" and "trigger warnings" restricting free speech by labeling many perfectly innocuous words as "offensive". (such as "husband" and "wife") speech codes.
-Considering gender identification a "spectrum" as opposed to male or female. Do I understand correctly that Facebook has 63 possible ways to identify one's gender?
-being soft on crime, and advocating very lenient sentences and opportunities for release.

Anyway, all this stuff is considered "politically correct". I consider it nonsense, and Donald Trump will not buy into all of the nonsense. Hillary intends to perpetuate it.

And Donald Trump will appoint very good Supreme Court justices, like Antonin Scalia.

Also, I wouldn't worry about deportation. I don't think he will follow through with that except for violent criminals, terror suspects and illegal gang members.

-YHVH is LORD

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #9

Post by Divine Insight »

Elijah John wrote: Also, I wouldn't worry about deportation. I don't think he will follow through with that except for violent criminals, terror suspects and illegal gang members.
Violent criminals, and "illegal gang members" are already illegal right?

So what's preventing the police from arresting and convicting these people already?

Are you suggesting that the police need Donald Trump to become president before they are allowed to enforce the laws? :-k

That's nonsense.

And as far as "Terror Suspects" are concerned, what exactly do you mean by a "suspect" Are you saying that police should be able to just start arresting everyone they 'suspect' might be a terrorist? They could end up arresting a hell of a lot of innocent people that way. Especially if they are allowed to use the excuse, "Well the guy look like a Muslim so we arrested him as a terror suspect."

I have no clue what you think Donald Trump could do (within our current laws and constitution) that isn't already being done.

Without just telling the police they no longer need to abide by the constitution and they can arrest anyone willy-nilly just because they think they might be a terrorist, how would Donald Trump change what we already have in place? :-k
[center]Image
[/center]

Elijah John
Savant

Post #10

Post by Elijah John »

[Replying to post 9 by Divine Insight]

It's called enforcement Obama loves stuff like sanctuary cities. The Obama administration sued the state of Arizona for attempting to enforce it's borders.

The Obama administration paid Iran ransom money. 400 million I think it was.

I don't agree with a complete Muslim ban, but Trump seems to be backing off a bit in favor of "extreme vetting".

Also, part of the PC nonsense I listed above and forgot to add is siding with Israel's enemies, on college campuses, the Palestinians get far more sympathy than does Israel.

And Obama has been caught on a live mic saying disparaging things about one of my heroes, Benjamin Netanyahu.

Obama is part of the problem, and his administration, (Hillary) should not be voted in again.

Hillary does not have a good record, email insecurity, and lying to the families of Benghazi victims.

Disgusting.

Hillary is an extention of Obama, as is John Kerry.

Trump isn't the best, but he is the only realistic alternative to Hillary.

I could understand why someone might want to sit out this election, but I cannot understand why anyone should vote for Hillary.

-YHVH is LORD