Moderator: Moderators

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Any Trump Supporters Still on Board?

Post #1

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

Even Fox News is abandoning ship.

Fox News
“Donald Trump’s vitriolic attacks against Megyn Kelly and his extreme, sick obsession with her is beneath the dignity of a presidential candidate who wants to occupy the highest office in the land. Megyn is an exemplary journalist and one of the leading anchors in America — we’re extremely proud of her phenomenal work and continue to fully support her throughout every day of Trump’s endless barrage of crude and sexist verbal assaults. As the mother of three young children, with a successful law career and the second highest rated show in cable news, it’s especially deplorable for her to be repeatedly abused just for doing her job.�
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03 ... kelly.html

Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Re: Any Trump Supporters Still on Board?

Post #61

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 58 by Monta]
As a veteran you would know more about politics than most.
It is politicains who send us to war and veterans are in a position
to evaluate ins and outs what of what's going on.
Really?

As a veteran, you wonder why you opted to sacrifice yourself to the whims of politicians. I volunteered for the service during the Eisenhower administration. Luckily for me that was a leader who saw the futility of unnecessary war and I was safe to pursue an engineering degree when still in the reserves. Few young people, like me then, understand politics at that gullible age. Piss and vinegar and no "wise eye," is what our politicians and the military counts on . . . recruiting kids out of high school!
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

Talishi
Guru

Post #62

Post by Talishi »

Two votes from this LGBT household went out today. Pence was the last straw on an already wobbly anti-veteran, anti-brown people haystack.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!

Monta
Guru

Post #63

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 59 by 2Dbunk]

"As a veteran, you wonder why you opted to sacrifice yourself to the whims of politicians. I volunteered for the service during the Eisenhower administration. Luckily for me that was a leader who saw the futility of unnecessary war and I was safe to pursue an engineering degree when still in the reserves. Few young people, like me then, understand politics at that gullible age. Piss and vinegar and no "wise eye," is what our politicians and the military counts on . . . recruiting kids out of high school!"

I just watched a documentary on 9/11, money, wars.

Over 500 Senators only one of them sent a son to Iraq.

Bush cut veterans' benefits by 33% and to their families by 60%.

So much was said about leading to Iraq war; watched the speeches 'they know' Saadam has wmd. Bush, Rice.. it's like a game for them. They knew it was all a lie. Mothers cry, why did my son die for nothing. Veterans commit suicide

I hope decent American people will somehow find a way...as i was thinking what to say next, I hear Trump words - make America great again. Hillary says it is already great. Might be great for 1% and for liers and money makers but America is more than that.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #64

Post by McCulloch »

Monta wrote:Over 500 Senators only one of them sent a son to Iraq.
My understanding is that there are two senators for each state and fifty states in the union. So by my calculation, that makes 100 Senators. Is there an extra 400 plus Senators that this Canuck is unaware of?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #65

DanieltheDragon wrote: Trump is just an idiot, it really is appalling how many people still support him.

For example he wants to slash taxes to insane new lows that would heavily impact tax revenue, while claiming to balance the budget and increase spending.

The only way we can cut taxes is by reducing military spending in conjunction. Not with accross the board cuts but with a smart, efficient, and pragmatic approach.
John Cleese has the perfect explanation for Donald Trump's unwavering core supporters.

Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

Monta
Guru

Post #66

Post by Monta »

[Replying to McCulloch]

"My understanding is that there are two senators for each state and fifty states in the union. So by my calculation, that makes 100 Senators. Is there an extra 400 plus Senators that this Canuck is unaware of?"

Thanks for correction.
Just shows how much I don't understand American political structure.
I was watching a documentary and it said 535 Congress members;
assumed they are all called Senators.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #67

Post by Danmark »

Yahu wrote:
Tired of the Nonsense wrote: Even Fox News is abandoning ship.

Fox News
“Donald Trump’s vitriolic attacks against Megyn Kelly and his extreme, sick obsession with her is beneath the dignity of a presidential candidate who wants to occupy the highest office in the land.
One of Trump's biggest advantages is that he doesn't care to be 'politically correct' since he is not a career politician. People are tired of politicians.
Tho' there are "PC" over reactions, 'political correctness' essentially is nothing more than being considerate of others; considering the other person's point of view. It is obvious that Trump does not care about others, particularly those who are ethnically diverse. What DOES surprise me is that anyone who claims to be a Christian would tout being thoughtless of or inconsiderate to others as some sort of accolade. The essence of Christianity is [or should be] loving others and being considerate of their feelings. When did not caring for others become a virtue?

Talishi
Guru

Post #68

Post by Talishi »

Yahu wrote: One of Trump's biggest advantages is that he doesn't care to be 'politically correct' since he is not a career politician. People are tired of politicians.
They're tired of politicians, so they want to make a non-politician into a politician.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #69

Post by DanieltheDragon »

[Replying to post 64 by Monta]

There is the house and the Senate. Congressman from the house are technically called representatives but often are simply called congressmen whereas those elected to these ate are referred to as senators.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #70

Danmark wrote:
Yahu wrote:
Tired of the Nonsense wrote: Even Fox News is abandoning ship.

Fox News
“Donald Trump’s vitriolic attacks against Megyn Kelly and his extreme, sick obsession with her is beneath the dignity of a presidential candidate who wants to occupy the highest office in the land.
One of Trump's biggest advantages is that he doesn't care to be 'politically correct' since he is not a career politician. People are tired of politicians.
Tho' there are "PC" over reactions, 'political correctness' essentially is nothing more than being considerate of others; considering the other person's point of view. It is obvious that Trump does not care about others, particularly those who are ethnically diverse. What DOES surprise me is that anyone who claims to be a Christian would tout being thoughtless of or inconsiderate to others as some sort of accolade. The essence of Christianity is [or should be] loving others and being considerate of their feelings. When did not caring for others become a virtue?
Back in the 50's Lucy and Ricky had to be shown sleeping in separate beds on the "I Love Lucy Show." And they were married in real life. Also, the censors would not allow the use of the word "pregnant" on the show. When Lucy got pregnant she was "expecting." Mustn't run the risk of offending anyone's sensibilities. Anyone who believes the whole PC thing today has become overdone should have lived through the 50's.