Auras

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

jgh7

Auras

Post #1

Post by jgh7 »

Auras are described as colors emanating from people's bodies that somehow indicate the person's nature. I have a friend who claims they can see people's auras since they were a child. I found it rather interesting and was wondering what Christians and others thought about it.

Is seeing auras a gift from God and supported by Christianity? Or does it come from other religions? Could it be true or most likely fake? If it is real, is there a reliable source for proper information on it and how to interpret auras?

marco
Savant

Re: Auras

Post #2

Post by marco »

jgh7 wrote: Auras are described as colors emanating from people's bodies that somehow indicate the person's nature. I have a friend who claims they can see people's auras since they were a child. I found it rather interesting and was wondering what Christians and others thought about it.

Is seeing auras a gift from God and supported by Christianity? Or does it come from other religions? Could it be true or most likely fake? If it is real, is there a reliable source for proper information on it and how to interpret auras?

As a child I was taught that we all had a guardian angel. Christianity of course accepts the existence of angels and their number used to be a source of debate. As an illustration of angelic interference or just plain old coincidence, here is what a friend told me.

As a young woman she had reached the point where she had bought enough pills to let her go to a hotel where she intended to commit suicide in the afternoon and would not be found till late the following day. On the way to the hotel she saw an old lady encumbered with shopping bags. She stopped to help and went up some stairs with the old lady and deposited the load of stuff at her door. The old lady told her that though she was crippled, she thanked God for every day she was allowed to live, and promptly gave her a warm hug. And there was no suicide.

Does the aura of angels exist in the humblest of people? Does it matter how we interpret the story? If the lady felt that some angel had intervened, should we deny it?

tam
Savant

Post #3

Post by tam »

[Replying to post 1 by jgh7]

I think it could be true that come people see an aura. Scientifically speaking, I see no reason why some people/eyes might not be able to see 'more' than others. Beyond that, though, I know nothing about it, which makes it hard to comment further.

Peace to you!

dio9
Under Probation

Post #4

Post by dio9 »

I think auras are real but there are no authoritative book of interpretations . I have recently began to think of auras as the , how can I say , the projected nature of a person. something like their personality. A blue red green yellow pink correspond to the nature ; blue cool, red angry ,pink nice , green envious, yellow timid , color it what you will, what I see is the nature, the color is incidental. Auras are what we feel emphatically. Trust me I see Auras.

marco
Savant

Post #5

Post by marco »

tam wrote: [Replying to post 1 by jgh7]

I think it could be true that come people see an aura. Scientifically speaking, I see no reason why some people/eyes might not be able to see 'more' than others. Beyond that, though, I know nothing about it, which makes it hard to comment further.

Peace to you!
This is apparently true of a Russian girl called Natasha Demkina. From being a little girl she was able to "see" inside people and diagnose complaints. I believe she now works in medicine in Russia.

Obviously there may be abilities beyond what we consider as natural, so perhaps the phenomenon of "aura" is possible.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #6

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Sounds like demonic influence to me. There is nothing in the bible that suggests that people should see colours around individuals.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

marco
Savant

Post #7

Post by marco »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 1 by jgh7]

Sounds like demonic influence to me. There is nothing in the bible that suggests that people should see colours around individuals.
This is a rather unwarranted and extreme conclusion. Does the fact that light bulbs are not mentioned in the bible mean they are demonic? Take Matthew 9:20, and we hear of some mysterious force that Christ experiences when his garments are touched. In the transfiguration, radiance emanates from Christ's face and body. When people are overjoyed it is commonly said that their face "lights up" and no demon is blamed.

If someone senses minute changes in another person, it may be as much the agency of angels as demons. Why turn white into black? There is a phenomenon -odor sanctitatis, or the odour of sanctity - when a long-buried corpse of some saint is exhumed. We should allow that God may work in mysterious ways, if we wish to be theists.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #8

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 7 by marco]

Well I see what you mean, fair enough. I don't agree but that is just my personal opinion, I apoligize and did not mean to offend anyone (I'm not suggesting you were in any way shape or form offended but there may be readers that were, so I apologize). We will have to agree to disagree on this.

Again, thanks for what you have added and I see where you are coming from, I was just expressing my personal beliefs on the topic.

Peace you and yours,

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

catnip
Guru

Post #9

Post by catnip »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 1 by jgh7]

JW
Yes, but who knows exactly how telling "your light" is? "let your light shine" or "Then your light will break out like the dawn"?

In faith, there is no reason to fear demons all the time. How many times are we reassured that God will protect us? Perfect love casts out all fear.

catnip
Guru

Post #10

Post by catnip »

jgh7 wrote: Auras are described as colors emanating from people's bodies that somehow indicate the person's nature. I have a friend who claims they can see people's auras since they were a child. I found it rather interesting and was wondering what Christians and others thought about it.

Mankind was created a certain way--in the lingo of faith, God is our creator. ALL spiritual phenomenon--those things spiritual people the world over "see" or experience--relate to our humanity. Seeing with the spiritual eye, if you eye is sound, is taught by Christ.

I don't see all auras, but I have seen some. It isn't something I try to do.