Christian teachings = defamation of character?

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Christian teachings = defamation of character?

Post #1

Post by rikuoamero »

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
What is it that I or DI do that is 'unrighteous? Do you know anything about us? Are we fornicators? Are we wicked? Do we covet? Are we malicious? Are we envious? Are we murderers? Do we debate (well, I've got to give Paul that one, this is a DEBATE website Wink ) Are we deceivers?
My good name, and that of DI, has been slandered. I'd like to sue the Christian religion for defamation of character.
Just a thought. Since this is what Christianity says of people, can Christians/the Christian religion be sued for defamation of character? If I publish materials calling my neighbour a murderer, I can expect to be sued. However, if I do it under the guise of Christianity...nothing is done about it.

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

Talishi
Guru

Re: Christian teachings = defamation of character?

Post #2

Post by Talishi »

rikuoamero wrote:If I publish materials calling my neighbour a murderer, I can expect to be sued.
Charles Manson: "Judge, Rikuoamero here from the neighboring cell published materials calling me a murderer. I claim $500,000 for pain and suffering and another 500 large for punitive damages."

Judge: "Case dismissed!"