Darwin's "Downfall?"

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

ProLifeSkeptic
Student

Darwin's "Downfall?"

Post #1

Post by ProLifeSkeptic »

This individual who calls himself Keith Truth has made a recent documentary in which he illustrates the "downfall" of Evolution (you can watch the whole documentary if you choose, or click on the numbers in the description of the video to jump to his arguments)

He shows "evidence" Against Macro-evolution: 05:25 - 31:07, he tries to show Alleged Evidence for Macro-evolution: 31:08 - 01:08:06, and proof for the age of the Earth and the flood The Age of the Earth and the Flood: 01:08:07 - 01:24:28

The final segment of the documentary is typical "evolution teaches that we're animals" and stuff like that.

Kenisaw
Guru

Re: Darwin's "Downfall?"

Post #71

Post by Kenisaw »

jester32 wrote:
My Response: How can you prove that matter was not created before the Big Bang? It is certain that matter and energy were created before the Big Bang. This was on the order of the planck time, the planck length, and the planck mass. This is possible according to the laws of physics.
That it is possible doesn't mean that is what actually happened. The honest answer is that no one knows what was before the Big Bang. No one knows for sure where the energy and mass in the singularity came from. To say "it is certain" is intellectually dishonest.
My Response: The universe did not pop into existence. Pure Mind, or pure conscious blackness, extended itself one knowing unit outwards to form a filled in circle. It then evolved from simpler to more complex, according to the rules of consciousness and geometry. I have already proven that there cannot be an infinite number of things. For instance, nothing can reach to infinity (for there is always further that something can extend, and nothing can be cut up into an infinite number of parts (for the object can always be cut up into more parts). Thus the universe is finite in time and space.
You haven't proven squat. Sorry to be blunt, but that's just the facts of the discussion. You've made assertions, and claims, and drew some circles. That's it.

The universe being finite in time and space has nothing to do with what was or wasn't BEFORE the universe.

[/quote]My Response: Infinite numbers of things are impossible. Infinity makes no sense: What is infinity divided by two? Is it two infinities? How could half of something have the same number of parts as the whole? Clearly, half of an infinite number cannot be infinite. Also, half an infinite number cannot be finite either, since it would mean that two finite parts can be put together to then become infinite?[/quote]

If infinity made no sense it wouldn't be such a valuable mathematical concept. I sure spent a lot of time in differential equations using infinity, that's for sure.

Maybe infinity doesn't make sense to you, but it does make sense to scientific fields. And it is very useful.

(By the way, if infinite numbers of things are impossible, how come there are infinite numbers?)
My Response: According to probability, if there were an infinite number of universes during infinite time, at least one magickal universe would have come into existence with the right laws of physics to cause gods to evolve within it, after which those gods would have perfected the other universes.
Incorrect. An infinite number of universes does not make the impossible eventually come true in one of them. Can any universe produce a married bachelor? How about an unstoppable force and an immovable object? I don't see why I should accept your conjecture that a god, or magic, is possible. There is no logical reason to assume your invented thing can become reality...