Can't take the heat get out of the debate forum.

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Excubis
Sage
Location: (nowhere you probaly heard of) Saskatchewan, Canada

Can't take the heat get out of the debate forum.

Post #1

Post by Excubis »

If you wish to affirm you have a point yet your point has been fully debunked over and over and I call you on it, too bad. Saying someone is lazy in research is not an insult if true. When you present point in a science based discussion you better have done your homework and not just attached yourself to something you find novel or agree with because of your personal view.

If posting facts in response is offensive too bad, do not claim professional knowledge yet lack the true understanding of what you are claiming. Many here do this often, a true learner accepts when they are wrong, and admits openly if the do not know. If you can't handle the feedback then don't debate.

My experience around here is often enjoyable except with posers, yes I will cal you out, yes my post will contain traps to test your so called know how. Knowing specific name without understanding what or how does not mean you have anything remotely close to a valid argument. Science use specific terms related to the language in science, yet all parts in science like physics can be explained without having to use scientific terms, all the greats are aware of this fact.

The repetitive nature of individuals just blankly using terms to supplement the lack of understanding is frustrating. When I use specific terms it usually means that I accept the other has at least a vague sense of what they mean, it is not to sound correct. Spectra, quanta, ect... are thrown around here like it is all awe inspiring to use such terms. Term mean NOTHING above understanding ever. As said A little knowledge is dangerous without understanding.

If you get called out by a person who backs up their side with facts, as in verified data from multiple sources and they show you lack a basic understanding of the inner workings of the terms you use too bad. I myself always give a opportunity for self review to those I am about to call out, yet most just want to be right, and the pursuit of knowledge seems secondary if present at all. This is generally met by those attempting to prove their view based on opinion or belief.

Blah blah blah, really frustrates me, those individuals get mad when shown to be incorrect or lack a concise knowledge even though such claims are made. I will always call out those who make claims yet by their posting show very little conceptual understanding of the deeper working that these terms represent. I always give a chance for self reflection through backing up with source in these such events. Once again can't take being called out for inferring or right out stating supposed credentials tooo bad do not attempt such deceptions and you will not be called out and corrected. Ban, suspend, or whatever me I am rarely here anyway, and if I insult you you will know because I will state that is what I am doing. If you are lazy, ill informed, or being deceptive and I call you on that by validating my point with sources, well that is not an insult it is an action you are committing, there is a huge difference between calling someone on an action and insulting them.

Rant complete s'long I start research at the Canadian Light Source tomorrow, my grant came through:D. If it all works out I will break my anonymity, guess it doesn't matter since I am not famous just rather not be bugged in my professional and personal life, it has happened before, in other online mediums. Check it out:
http://www.lightsource.ca/
"It should be possible to explain the laws of physics to a barmaid." Albert Einstein

Talishi
Guru

Re: Can't take the heat get out of the debate forum.

Post #2

Post by Talishi »

Excubis wrote: The repetitive nature of individuals just blankly using terms to supplement the lack of understanding is frustrating. When I use specific terms it usually means that I accept the other has at least a vague sense of what they mean, it is not to sound correct. Spectra, quanta, ect... are thrown around here like it is all awe inspiring to use such terms. Term mean NOTHING above understanding ever. As said A little knowledge is dangerous without understanding.
My favorite one: Science says energy cannot be created or destroyed, light is energy, God is light, therefore God was never created and will endureth forever.

Runner up: DNA is information. Where did the information come from, if not an intelligent designer?

Honorable mention: There's no such thing as macro-evolution that crosses species boundaries. The ark only had a few dozen pairs of "kinds" or "baramins" which then proceeded to evolve via micro-evolution.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!

JLB32168

Re: Can't take the heat get out of the debate forum.

Post #3

Post by JLB32168 »

Talishi wrote:My favorite one: Science says energy cannot be created or destroyed, light is energy, God is light, therefore God was never created and will endureth forever.
Actually that “law� was created at the Big Bang. “Before� the Big Bang, no scientific laws existed; therefore, it’s quite possible that an eternal entity could exist and be eternally uncreated.