The seduction of the Christian mind.

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

mickiel
Guru

The seduction of the Christian mind.

Post #1

Post by mickiel »

In my view, the most deceptive thing to happen to Christianity is the elevation of their " Pride." 1 Tim. 3:6. When a group gets lifted up and grows powerful and influential , as Christianity has , when they have been made a church of God, as Christianity was before it even became Christianity ,

those two things just within themselves ; the calling of God and the power of influence and reputation , can get inside the whole consciousness of a people and create a very powerful seduction of pride that none of them can even be aware of.

That seduction then can lead to incredible deceptions being implanted within the religion ; within the mind ; within the whole head

the whole consciousness.

And I want to take a close look , a close biblical look , at the seduction of the Christian mind. And it is a most incredible dynamic , this thing called seduction ; how we can be deceived , and not even " Know it!" Remember , a deceived person , does not know they are deceived.

mickiel
Guru

Post #2

Post by mickiel »

There are over 2.2 billion Christians! The largest group of believers on earth. A mass of people who all have a working consciousness ; a way of thinking ; a way of being. A group can develop " A group mentality", just like a race or a culture can develop a group mentality. They just start thinking and acting a certain way; and remember " Consciousness is the governor of behavior!" What we are conscious of then affects our life. A group , a race or a culture can get things into their consciousness that then swells their pride , and the bible defines that as " The Pride of Life", 1John 2:16.

The Pride of life , or how you sense your own value. The way you sense your race to be , the value you think your culture has on earth. How great you think your religion is. Basically its conceit. A high opinion of yourself ; and the calling of God can create this in the human consciousness like nothingelse I have ever seen.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #3

Post by Divine Insight »

mickiel wrote: There are over 2.2 billion Christians!
Correction. There are 2.2 billion people who check the box marked "Christianity" when surveyed. The vast majority of these people believe that only their denomination of this religion is "Holier than thou", and they actually renounce the vast majority of other people who check this box as being invalid "Christians".

So their "Pride" does not only extend to being a "Christian" but it actually extends to being a "better Christian" that the vast majority of other people who claim to be Christians.

Clearly the Protestants think they are better than the Catholics, and vice versa.

The Jehovah's Witnesses appear to believe they are the only Christians who are holier than thou since they seem to strongly renounce all other Christian sects and denominations as being clueless. Of course to be fair, this is no doubt true of the vast majority of Christian cults.

Apparently what actually exists are 2.2 billion people who hate each other in Jesus' name. And of course, they extend that hatred toward non-Christians as well.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

mickiel
Guru

Post #4

Post by mickiel »

In Acts 11:26 Christianity was born , and not a day before. This was after Jesus had left ; it was after all the Old Testament was written, it was after the gospels were written; , notice ; " And the disciples were FIRST CALLED Christians in Antioch!" This was 65 years after Jesus left earth. The term " Christianity" first appears in scripture here in Antioch , and the believers were NOT calling themselves that, the Romans were calling them that. It most likely was used as an insulting term. But anyway the believers of "the Way", seemed to ACCEPT that terminology, and that was the birth of " A name" a group of believers would soon learn to take great pride in.

Pride in their name, because their new name " Sounds like the name of Christ."

The pride in this name would become greater than life.

mickiel
Guru

Post #5

Post by mickiel »

Divine Insight wrote:
mickiel wrote: There are over 2.2 billion Christians!
Correction. There are 2.2 billion people who check the box marked "Christianity" when surveyed. The vast majority of these people believe that only their denomination of this religion is "Holier than thou", and they actually renounce the vast majority of other people who check this box as being invalid "Christians".

So their "Pride" does not only extend to being a "Christian" but it actually extends to being a "better Christian" that the vast majority of other people who claim to be Christians.

Clearly the Protestants think they are better than the Catholics, and vice versa.

The Jehovah's Witnesses appear to believe they are the only Christians who are holier than thou since they seem to strongly renounce all other Christian sects and denominations as being clueless. Of course to be fair, this is no doubt true of the vast majority of Christian cults.

Apparently what actually exists are 2.2 billion people who hate each other in Jesus' name. And of course, they extend that hatred toward non-Christians as well.

Well yes , the infighting of Christian groups is legendary. Your observations are correct. The calling of God messes with the human consciousness; or even just "The perceived " calling of God is a heavy component to add to the human belief system. For a group to believe that God is dealing with them , and then only them , can cause a GREAT swelling in the cranium which we call pride. It can distort a whole people;

and I want to look at that.

mickiel
Guru

Post #6

Post by mickiel »

Notice something God says in Leviticus 26:19 to a group of people who believed in him ; a people he had called ; " And I will break the Pride of your power."

Here we see historically that pride in being associated with God is powerful! I mean you can't blame people ; to actually be associated with God himself ; OR , remember ; even just " The Perception" of that being true, even if its not , is powerful!

People start thinking their holy ; blameless ; special ; its just a thing in the head that can grow really big. Really powerful.

Even in race relations on earth , we see how pride in a race can grow very deep ; that race starts viewing themselves as better than other races ; and this enters deep into the consciousness of that bloodline and is passed down into future generations. So it is in religion. Religious humans are no different than racial humans.

Pride ; Power!

marco
Savant

Post #7

Post by marco »

mickiel wrote:
How great you think your religion is. Basically its conceit. A high opinion of yourself ; and the calling of God can create this in the human consciousness like nothingelse I have ever seen.
I take it your question is - do you agree?

Tennyson has Arthur warning Bedivere that "one good custom can corrupt the world,"
which might mean something along your lines.

Though you credit all Christians with a working consciousness, I don't believe the majority let their consciousness work too hard on theology. But I do believe that many are not motivated by pride, just a simple belief in a loving deity. It is hard to understand how they can come to this view if they have read the Old Testament, but perhaps they have fond memories of the baby born in straw and attended by shepherds and an ox. Whatever their inspiration, they are often as sincere as humans can be. But the aggressive ones you speak of are there in large numbers too. And if we permit ourselves to muse on Islam, then your summary is mild.

mickiel
Guru

Post #8

Post by mickiel »

marco wrote:
mickiel wrote:
How great you think your religion is. Basically its conceit. A high opinion of yourself ; and the calling of God can create this in the human consciousness like nothingelse I have ever seen.
I take it your question is - do you agree?

Tennyson has Arthur warning Bedivere that "one good custom can corrupt the world,"
which might mean something along your lines.

Though you credit all Christians with a working consciousness, I don't believe the majority let their consciousness work too hard on theology. But I do believe that many are not motivated by pride, just a simple belief in a loving deity. It is hard to understand how they can come to this view if they have read the Old Testament, but perhaps they have fond memories of the baby born in straw and attended by shepherds and an ox. Whatever their inspiration, they are often as sincere as humans can be. But the aggressive ones you speak of are there in large numbers too. And if we permit ourselves to muse on Islam, then your summary is mild.

The conceit exist in Islam as well. The religion does not matter , human nature does. Religion just has a way of pacifying the ego of its followers. It was said by Karl Marx that religion is the Opiate of the people. And in my view , Christianity has over dosed. They have just gone all into themselves.

Even God must know the danger in him calling out a people ; if he does not guard their mindset , they will just naturally grow inward and selfish. This is how religion and Christianity became perverted. They were left to themselves.

mickiel
Guru

Post #9

Post by mickiel »

The Way, or the original church , Acts 9:2, 24:22, morphed into Christianity ; which then morphed into the Roman Catholic Church , and then all other branches of Christianity morphed from that. Modern day Christians in America don't like the truth of that history. But it is so. The Christian church has been through many historical changes. And it has absorbed many pagan rituals and influences into its belief system , something it is presently blind too. That complete blindness to this history is part of this mass seduction.

And it is a most unique and well done seduction; the finest deception that I have ever known.

marco
Savant

Post #10

Post by marco »

mickiel wrote:
The religion does not matter , human nature does. Religion just has a way of pacifying the ego of its followers. It was said by Karl Marx that religion is the Opiate of the people. And in my view , Christianity has over dosed. They have just gone all into themselves. Even God must know the danger in him calling out a people ; if he does not guard their mindset , they will just naturally grow inward and selfish. This is how religion and Christianity became perverted. They were left to themselves.

The problem isn't so much the people who believe but the god they believe in. We are nowadays treated to the challenging remark, Allah Akbar, when some atrocity is perpetrated. Presumably when heretics were burning, Christians threw rotten fruit at them and shouted Alleluia!
I don't see Buddhists behaving in this way, so I conclude it is the deity being adored that tips the scales. Given the savagery of Jehovah it is almost miraculous that so many people who accept him are lovely.

Blame the god that seduces - not the victims.