The Bema Seat

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Talishi
Guru

The Bema Seat

Post #1

Post by Talishi »

Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama are standing at the throne of heaven. God looks at them and says, “Before granting you a place at my side, I must ask you what you have learned, what you believe in.�

God asks Bubba first: “What do you believe?�

Clinton thinks long and hard, looks God in the eye, and says, “I believe in hard work, and in listening to my conscience. As you know, Lord, there were times when I was disloyal to my wife, and at those times I could hear a small voice telling me it was wrong, but I went ahead and betrayed her anyway. After many years I learned to listen to that voice, because it always warned me against doing something I will regret later.�

God can’t help but see the essential goodness of Bill and offers him a seat to his left. Then God turns to Bush and says, “What do you believe?�

Dubya says, “I believe passion, discipline, courage and honor are the fundamentals of life. As President, some of my decisions were not the best as anyone could well see in hindsight, but win or lose, I learned that as a leader of a great nation it is important to embrace basic principles and never waver.�

God is greatly moved by Bush’s new-found eloquence and offers him a seat to his right.

Finally, God turns to Obama: “And you, Barry, what do you believe?�

Obama replies, “I believe you’re in my seat.�
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!