Trump is neither conservative or republican.

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Trump is neither conservative or republican.

Post #1

Post by DanieltheDragon »

There is a reason why two former Republican Presidents are opposing Trump. The speaker of the house Paul Ryan has been reluctant at best to offer support and now won't appear alongside him. Gov. Kaisich has also opposed Trump as well.

Trump is not conservative and he is not a republican.

He opposes free trade
During the first debate he said that we should, "take their guns away." About American citizens in inner cities violating the second amendment.
He wants to put forth religious tests violating the first amendment.
He wants to put surveillance on Muslims and in Mosques violating the fourth amendment.
He has alluded to a policy of appeasing, aiding, and abetting Putin.
He does not share conservative moral ideals.
He doesn't even understand the pro-life position.

The boy thing he shares with republicans and conservatives seems to be his tax policy. Even there I don't think he fully understands the concepts involved, how much he would have to cut to get things well within budget.

As a republican I am not alone in my criticism of Trump. It is not establishment vs non establishment. There were other non establishment types in this election that would have been far better choices than Trump. Yet he has bullied his way into the nomination through sheer marketing and celebrity alone.

What conservative or republican policy positions does Donald Trump actually have?
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Elijah John
Savant

Re: Trump is neither conservative or republican.

Post #2

Post by Elijah John »

DanieltheDragon wrote: There were other non establishment types in this election that would have been far better choices than Trump. Yet he has bullied his way into the nomination through sheer marketing and celebrity alone.

What conservative or republican policy positions does Donald Trump actually have?
I agree with you Daniel that there were far better Republican candidates, and that Trump basically bullied his way to the nomination.

But "conservative" is a somewhat relative term. Consider these Trump positions in contrast to those espoused by HRC:

-He is now pro-life.
-He supports the second amendment, in stark contrast to Hillary wanting to make even gun manufacturers liable.
-He supports the rights of religious people, though he himself does not seem especially religious.
-He wants strong borders and intends to build the wall. (this in stark contrast to Hillary who according to Wikileaks want's "open trade and open borders".)
-He is more concerned about putting America first than he is about the world's opinion of us.
-He opposes sanctuary cities.
-He wants lower taxes for business to stop the exportation of jobs and to encourage more companies to settle in the US.
-He is for a strong military.
-He wants to give law enforcement the benefit of the doubt, and is the "law and order" candidate.
-He intends to appoint conservative judges to the Supreme court.

Those positions are in line with the Republican party platform, and are, in fact, conservative. Since you identify yourself as a Republican, are the positions I have enumerated important to you?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #3

[Replying to post 2 by Elijah John]

The problem with Trump though is he is contradictory on a lot of issues.

His pro-life position of punishing women who seek abortions has been lambasted by many pro life groups.

While he claims to want to support the second amendment he is the only candidate on record during this election that has said "we need to take their guns away". He only supports the religious rights of Christians while he has threatened other religious groups as well as atheists. While many republicans(not all) want a more closed border his wall idea is not feasible and to costly it is not a fiscally responsible approach and doesn't actually address the immigration issue. He claims to be strong for military but wants to cut our tax revenues by more than 50% without allocating resources for it.

He has taken party platform bullet points and made a mockery of them. It is offensive reallyas well as two faced he claims to support a policy with his right hand while doing something else with the other.

A lot of those issues are important like taxes immigration reform and I would prefer conservative judges(but not corporate judges)

I am politically more aligned with John Huntsman type republicans than trump though and I don't care for the pro-life issue.
Last edited by DanieltheDragon on Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Talishi
Guru

Post #4

Post by Talishi »

DanieltheDragon wrote: There is a reason why two former Republican Presidents are opposing Trump. The speaker of the house Paul Ryan has been reluctant at best to offer support and now won't appear alongside him.
But Ryan refuses to unendorse Trump. He wants it both ways, in case Trump wins. But it doesn't matter, because GOP political leaders don't pick the nominee, the voters do, and they wanted Trump. Now the Republican Party gets him, good and hard.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #5

Talishi wrote:
DanieltheDragon wrote: There is a reason why two former Republican Presidents are opposing Trump. The speaker of the house Paul Ryan has been reluctant at best to offer support and now won't appear alongside him.
But Ryan refuses to unendorse Trump. He wants it both ways, in case Trump wins. But it doesn't matter, because GOP political leaders don't pick the nominee, the voters do, and they wanted Trump. Now the Republican Party gets him, good and hard.

Ryan holds the highest elected position of republicans and is in then unenviable position of trying to hold the party together. Last year I pointed out that rift was forming in the Republican Party, now we are seeing head lines of the sort. Have you ever seen a sea anemone divide in two forming two anemones? It looks like the anemone is dying during the process. Ryan is trying to prevent that. Although I disagree with trying to appease the alt right, it isn't trying to have it both ways. As many trump supporters have already turned on Ryan and it appears Ryan's speakership would be in opposition to a trump presidency anyways(Ryan's tax policy differs significantly with Trump's)

It honestly would not be far fetched for an impeachment in the first 100 days.