Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

theStudent
Guru

Purposeful Design or Chanced Processes?

Post #1

Post by theStudent »

Evidence of God is everywhere.
The Bible states that truth clearly, when it tells us, "The hearing ear and the seeing eye — Jehovah has made both of them."

The ear consists of three parts: the outer ear, the middle ear, and the inner ear.
The middle ear is a small chamber that begins with the eardrum and leads to the maze of passageways that constitute the inner ear.
Besides its function in connection with hearing, the inner ear also possesses organs having to do with balance and motion.
The use of two ears greatly helps a person to locate the source and direction of sounds.

The human ear detects sounds within the range of about 20 to 20,000 cycles per second.
The ears of many animals are sensitive to tones of higher pitch that are inaudible to the human ear. The range of sound energy perceived by the human ear is remarkable. The loudest sound that the ear can tolerate without danger is two million million times as powerful as the least perceptible sound. The human ear has the maximum sensitivity that it is practical to possess, for if the ears were any keener they would respond to the unceasing molecular motions of the air particles themselves.

The outer ear is precisely designed with a specially designed structure of curves, and an opening designed to catch and channel sound waves into the inner ear.

How the ear works

How the hearing works
[youtube][/youtube]

How your ear works - Inside the Human Body: Building Your Brain - BBC One
[youtube][/youtube]

The eye is a highly efficient, self-adjusting “camera� that transmits impulses to the brain, where the object focused on the eye’s retina is interpreted as sight.
The possession of two eyes, as in the human body, provides stereoscopic vision. Sight is probably the most important channel of communication to the mind.

How the Eye Works Animation - How Do We See Video - Nearsighted & Farsighted Human Eye Anatomy

Anatomy and Function of the Eye
[youtube][/youtube]

A Journey Through the Human Eye: How We See

Eye Animation
[youtube][/youtube]

If the male and the female reproductive organs evolved, how had life been proceeding before the complete formation of both?

An egg from a woman’s ovaries cannot produce life on its own. For this to happen, a sperm cell from the male reproductive system must combine with the nucleus of the egg.
What does the sperm do to make the egg develop?

Differently shaped cells begin to form - nerve cells, muscle cells, skin cells, and all the other types that make up the human body.
Science Digest
No one knows for sure, why certain cells aggregate to form a kidney while others join to form a liver, and so on.

Eventually, the human body reaches full growth, being made up of some 100,000,000,000,000 cells.
What causes the cells to stop dividing at just the right time and why?

How Sperm Meets Egg | Parents
[youtube][/youtube]

The Masterpiece of Nature, by Professor Graham Bell
Sex is the queen of problems in evolutionary biology. . . . It seems that some of the most fundamental questions in evolutionary biology have scarcely ever been asked . . . The largest and least ignorable and most obdurate of these questions is, why sex?
Imo, it is truly mind-boggling how one can say they have no evidence of God.

Do you agree these give evidence of design and purpose?
Is there any chance that these came about through the process described by evolution theorist?

Evidence for arguments required.
John 8:32
. . .the truth will set you free.

William
Savant

Post #231

Post by William »

TheBeardedDude wrote: [Replying to post 227 by William]

*You assume* (and commit the anthropomorphic fallacy)

I don't see "mindlessness," I see a series of natural processes that require no appeal to consciousness.
Tell me this then;

If you don't see mindlessness, why is it that you also don't see consciousness?

For consciousness has everything to do with the mindful.

TheBeardedDude
Scholar

Post #232

Post by TheBeardedDude »

[Replying to post 230 by William]

There is no evidence of any consciousness associated with any natural process (this includes natural selection and evolution in general). Natural Selection no more requires consciousness than gravity does.

William
Savant

Post #233

Post by William »

TheBeardedDude wrote: [Replying to post 230 by William]

There is no evidence of any consciousness associated with any natural process (this includes natural selection and evolution in general). Natural Selection no more requires consciousness than gravity does.
You are incorrect BeardedDude.

Natural selection involves the obvious use of biological substance which can only be observed as a conscious intelligent process because that is what it is.

Gravity on the other hand, appears to be mindless.

Mixing the two in an effort to have them be non distinguishable to each other, is as pointless as trying to mix water with oil.

It gets messy. The anthropomorphic is obviously happening within biological matter.
Last edited by William on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

William
Savant

Post #234

Post by William »

Deleted DP.

TheBeardedDude
Scholar

Post #235

Post by TheBeardedDude »

[Replying to post 232 by William]

Natural selection involving living organisms does not mean that it must be a process with any sort of intelligence whatsoever. That is a baseless assumption on your part that seems to be a consequence of an ignorance of evolution.

William
Savant

Post #236

Post by William »

TheBeardedDude wrote: [Replying to post 232 by William]

Natural selection involving living organisms does not mean that it must be a process with any sort of intelligence whatsoever.
But the actual point is that IT IS. So really natural selection involving living organisms does mean that it is a process with any sort of intelligence, for that is what is happening, and that is what is observed.

That is a baseless assumption on your part that seems to be a consequence of an ignorance of evolution.
Should I complain to a moderator that you have got all personal with me here? Follow protocol as it were?
I observe with my own eyes and acknowledge that consciousness is entretched in the process.
Last edited by William on Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

William
Savant

Post #237

Post by William »

Deleted DP

TheBeardedDude
Scholar

Post #238

Post by TheBeardedDude »

[Replying to post 235 by William]

"So really natural selection involving living organisms does mean that it is a process with any sort of intelligence, for that is what is happening, and that is what is observed."

Involving living organisms does NOT meant that the process is intelligent or conscious. You are either saying:
1) Species are aware of evolution and intentionally utilize natural selection (only humans artificially select for traits. That is a specific example of one species using evolution intelligently to create new morphologies/genotypes. But that does not mean that Natural Selection as a whole requires any sort of intelligence. That is a correlation error)

2) Natural Selection as a process (which is why I compared it to gravity) is somehow intelligent/conscious. There is no evidence for this and no need of it because there is nothing about natural selection that requires intelligence or consciousness to operate (it doesn't even require the species being selected for or against to be conscious or intelligent, look at bacteria)

"Should I complain to a moderator that you have got all personal with me here? Seems everyone else does."

I don't know or care. I stand by my observation that you don't know what you're talking about with respect to evolution and natural selection if you think it is a conscious or intelligent process.

TheBeardedDude
Scholar

Post #239

Post by TheBeardedDude »

[Replying to post 235 by William]

"I observe with my own eyes and acknowledge that consciousness is entretched in the process."

You assume without evidence, making this a baseless claim. I observe and study evolution and see no intelligence or consciousness in these natural processes. I read the literature on evolution and natural selection and find no evidence for your baseless assertions. What you see as "consciousness" in evolution and/or natural selection, is an assumption you make.

When asked "How is it that, although you say so much about the Universe, you say nothing about its Creator?" Laplace replied ""I did not need to make such an assumption." You make the same error. What you assume to be consciousness, is an assumption without base or merit.

William
Savant

Post #240

Post by William »

TheBeardedDude wrote: [Replying to post 235 by William]

"So really natural selection involving living organisms does mean that it is a process with any sort of intelligence, for that is what is happening, and that is what is observed."
Involving living organisms does NOT meant that the process is intelligent or conscious.
In every instance of creativity which can be observed, intelligence and consciousness is seen to be involved.
To say that it does NOT is to deny the evidence.

You are either saying:
1) Species are aware of evolution and intentionally utilize natural selection (only humans artificially select for traits. That is a specific example of one species using evolution intelligently to create new morphologies/genotypes. But that does not mean that Natural Selection as a whole requires any sort of intelligence. That is a correlation error)
Not at all. I look at the evidence and I see the process as a mindful thing. I accept that the earth is a living, thinking entity, self conscious and purposeful and that this explains life on earth.
2) Natural Selection as a process (which is why I compared it to gravity) is somehow intelligent/conscious. There is no evidence for this and no need of it because there is nothing about natural selection that requires intelligence or consciousness to operate (it doesn't even require the species being selected for or against to be conscious or intelligent, look at bacteria)
Bacteria seem to know what they are about. That is intelligence. How would we know if they are self conscious? Well we would look for signs. They would find ways of trying to survive.

I tend to look at it all as a whole process altogether - a living BEING.
You and your science don't. You get so focused upon the parts that you are distracted from the whole.

"Should I complain to a moderator that you have got all personal with me here? Seems everyone else does."

I don't know or care. I stand by my observation that you don't know what you're talking about with respect to evolution and natural selection if you think it is a conscious or intelligent process.

Well since you don't care, I said my bit and will leave it at that.

You are welcome to your science and what it shows you for it shows you what you want to see, and that is all.