Evolutionary ignorance.

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Evolutionary ignorance.

Post #1

Post by DanieltheDragon »

Most creationists or intelligent design folks can not describe evolution nor do they have a basic understanding of evolution. Part of this is education where they were not taught evolution.

There are plenty of resources available, here is one such free course

https://www.khanacademy.org/science/bio ... -selection

Why do creationists avoid learning about evolution?

Is there a fear that if they take the time to be a good student and learn about it, it will make sense?
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

theStudent
Guru

Re: Evolutionary ignorance.

Post #2

Post by theStudent »

[Replying to post 1 by DanieltheDragon]

DanieltheDragon wrote:Most creationists or intelligent design folks can not describe evolution nor do they have a basic understanding of evolution. Part of this is education where they were not taught evolution.
You can't prove that because you have no evidence and it's not true.
DanieltheDragon wrote:Why do creationists avoid learning about evolution?
You are asking a question based on a biased opinion.
That opinion is not true either.

What would you think of creationist saying that most evolutionists and atheist avoid learning what the Bible really says?
And then ask the question "Why do evolutionists and atheist avoid learning what the Bible teaches?"

What is the difference?

Anyway, to answer for myself... It seems to me I know more about evolution than you think I do, because I know that it's based on assumption, and lies, and you don't.

That's probably the same thing you would say about the Bible right?
John 8:32
. . .the truth will set you free.

Neatras
Guru

Post #3

Post by Neatras »

[Replying to post 2 by theStudent]

Please outline what the theory of evolution actually states.

theStudent
Guru

Post #4

Post by theStudent »

[Replying to post 3 by Neatras]

This sounds overly familiar.
According to the Op, and my argument, you are the one who should outline, and prove that I don't understand, as well as what I don't understand.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #5

Post by Bust Nak »

theStudent wrote: You can't prove that because you have no evidence and it's not true.
Of course we can, we have all the evidence we need from the posts from creationists here.
What would you think of creationist saying that most evolutionists and atheist avoid learning what the Bible really says?

And then ask the question "Why do evolutionists and atheist avoid learning what the Bible teaches?"
I would think "what nerve."
What is the difference?
The difference is one is a loaded question where as ours isn't.
Anyway, to answer for myself... It seems to me I know more about evolution than you think I do, because I know that it's based on assumption, and lies, and you don't.
You are not exactly making your case here with that proclamation, are you?
That's probably the same thing you would say about the Bible right?
Can't answer for Daniel but I was thinking of things like four-document hypothesis vs two-source hypothesis; what trinity means; which book is written when and so on. You know, actual information on the Bible as opposed to how I feel about it?

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #6

1. I did not say all creationists.
2. This is opinion, I never stated or asserted this was fact.
3. Your response is deflection, and in your many posts on the subject have demonstrated you are ignorant(lacking knowledge) of the theory of evolution.
4. I have no evidence that you can outline the theory of evolution so why should I believe you understand the theory of evolution?
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #7

I would think that this line of questioning is a deflection from the OP. If that were the topic of discussion, I would debunk the assertion using evidence instead of deflecting.

Neatras
Guru

Post #8

Post by Neatras »

[Replying to post 4 by theStudent]

That doesn't logically follow. In order to know how much of the theory you understand, you should be able to describe what you understand about the theory based on your own learning, and then have it compared with what the theory actually states.

You don't get to have your way just because you dress up your words authoritatively. It's not really that revolutionary that a test require you bring the material in your head, rather than spell out the answers for you.

But hey, good job not describing the theory of evolution at all. Should I give it a couple more posts before I'm allowed to confirm that you really don't understand it? It's not even a difficult challenge, it's literally a matter of putting your thoughts into words and having them critically analyzed. There's no need for the theatrics and rhetorical sidestepping.

WinePusher
Scholar

Post #9

Post by WinePusher »

DanieltheDragon wrote:Why do creationists avoid learning about evolution?
Loaded question. Please learn what a loaded question is. Here's an example of a loaded question:

Why do internet atheists pretend like they know stuff about science when they really don't know anything? Do they think that watching a couple little youtube videos makes them anything other than an amateur?
DanieltheDragon wrote:3. Your response is deflection, and in your many posts on the subject have demonstrated you are ignorant(lacking knowledge) of the theory of evolution.
Similarly, your posts demonstrate a sad ignorance (lacking of knowledge) about science. I have asked you if you know anything about science and you never answer, you always deflect with lame diversions about "semantics." Do you know anything about numerical analysis or scientific computing? Do you know anything about genetic algorithms or genetic programming? Do you know anything about formal languages and automata theory? Do you know how formal language theory is related with Darwinian evolution? How on earth can you call someone else ignorant when you yourself are ignorant?
DanieltheDragon wrote:4. I have no evidence that you can outline the theory of evolution so why should I believe you understand the theory of evolution?
I have no evidence that you can outline anything about science so why should I believe you understand science? Come on Daniel, prove that you actually know something about science. Actually, prove that you can actually do some basic problem solving in science. You see, watching little youtube videos doesn't make someone more knowledgeable about science. You actually have to DO THE WORK, sit down and READ, SOLVE PROBLEMS, WRITE PAPERS, DESIGN EXPERIMENTS.

So prove that you're capable of doing this. Let's say we have a cell culture consisting of 100 cells. The culture triples after 24 hours, however many cells will the culture have at the end of 5 days? Please answer this question to show that you know basic 8th grade science.

theStudent
Guru

Post #10

Post by theStudent »

[Replying to post 7 by DanieltheDragon]
DanieltheDragon wrote:I would think that this line of questioning is a deflection from the OP.
Exactly.
I'm glad I got my point across.
[Replying to post 5 by DanieltheDragon]
[Replying to post 12 by DanieltheDragon]

Not that you were the only one that did it, but I'm glad you see the similarities.
DanieltheDragon wrote: If that were the topic of discussion, I would debunk the assertion using evidence instead of deflecting.
Or did you?
It's so easy to say what we would do, but then reality reveals something so contrary.
DanieltheDragon wrote:Is there a fear that if they take the time to be a good student and learn about it, it will make sense?
The whole post D, is based on assumptions - just like your beloved theory.
What you are doing is not presenting facts, but fallacious assertions, probably imo, to give an impression that is false.

I dare you.
I could give you a ist of names of Creationist outside these forums.
Would you say they do not understand and have never studied the theory of evolution?
I already posted a number of videos here of some evolutionist who became Creationist.
So instead of running through them again, I'll just give you one.

Michael Behe.
Go ahead - Does he understood evolution?