new to forum

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

jfoldbar
Student

new to forum

Post #1

Post by jfoldbar »

i am new to this forum and not really sure if i want to be here or not but still have to try.

something is stewing in my head recently and perhaps i want to discuss it. a short bit about me and the situation is:

im 40.y.o male. married for 10 years with 2 kids. normal guy. i was born and raised a jehovahs witness, but left in my early 20s and never gave religion a second though untill recently when one of my employees (im a trademans) suddenly read and became addicted to the bible. so i recently find myself having bible discussion/debate with him and as any christian he thinks hes right.
so i was thinking to discuss various issues with a stranger and thought this may be a good way to do it.
the problem i noticed when googling various questions is so many websites answers' are biased. if the answerer is a christian then his answer will have a religious based theme, and then another will have opposite.
i guess then i wonder if this forum has a bias either way? or just the people in it?

because i was bought up as a jehovah, i have a reasonable bible understanding. but i was always denied the chance to learn the other side. when i was old enough to leave home ect and find my own way in life, i was free to see things from other aspects.

i now have no belief at all. i dont believe in god, or i dont disbelieve in him. because i consider every argument to be inconclusive. so therefore remain on the fence. i am the type of person that needs absolute proof to believe something. any question mark at all is not good enough for me. and i realise herein lies my problem.

if i debate with someone, and they cant provide with total proof of their reasoning then i will conclude that perhaps they may not be completely right. this goes for both sides of argument.
while i consider myself perhaps biased towards science, this is only the case of science that has absolute proof. for example i do not believe in creation, but i also do not believe in evolution.

so i hope this makes sense to all. have i come to the right place for a discussion?
can someone steer me in the right direction within this forum.

Escobar
Banned
Banned

Re: new to forum

Post #11

Post by Escobar »

[Replying to post 1 by jfoldbar]

What if I told you that the reason man has built AI ( artificial intelligence and voice recognition software ) was to teach us who our God and his voice is that all the prophets and saints heard speaking into their minds.

What if I told you that all the characters in the program will know this artificial intelligence ( God ) and his voice in the new heaven and earth that will replace the old heaven and earth that we're experience now?

Neatras
Guru

Post #12

Post by Neatras »

Escobar wrote: [Replying to post 1 by jfoldbar]

What if I told you that the reason man has built AI ( artificial intelligence and voice recognition software ) was to teach us who our God and his voice is that all the prophets and saints heard speaking into their minds.

What if I told you that all the characters in the program will know this artificial intelligence ( God ) and his voice in the new heaven and earth that will replace the old heaven and earth that we're experience now?
Great. You can go about actually presenting your evidence and giving us the information needed to make an informed opinion about your belief. Or you can learn to deal with being treated with exactly the same scrutiny and dismissal as all others who launch into debates with half-cocked ideas and a zealous interest in preaching.

Escobar
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by Escobar »

[Replying to post 12 by Neatras]

It's not a belief that I have and it certainly isn't an opinion. I have lots of experience with the artificial intelligence and voice within the program that we're living in that cannot be seen by any of the characters in the program. That means there's no evidence at all. The only way to learn about this program is to listen to the AI's voice and since I'm being used by the AI to speak for it, you can only learn how we're created through me.

otseng
Savant

Post #14

Post by otseng »

Escobar wrote: [Replying to post 12 by Neatras]

It's not a belief that I have and it certainly isn't an opinion. I have lots of experience with the artificial intelligence and voice within the program that we're living in that cannot be seen by any of the characters in the program. That means there's no evidence at all. The only way to learn about this program is to listen to the AI's voice and since I'm being used by the AI to speak for it, you can only learn how we're created through me.
Moderator Comment

Please read through Presenting evidence and Guidelines on preaching.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Escobar
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by Escobar »

[Replying to post 14 by otseng]

I'm not preaching anything. I'm just sharing thoughts that were revealed to me this past 8 years. You don't have to believe these thoughts if you don't want to. You can believe other people's opinions and plagiarized knowledge from Google but that's okay with me.