What dose the bible say about Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Dr. Zakir Naik
Student

What dose the bible say about Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Post #1

Post by Dr. Zakir Naik »

My question is, that what dose the bible prophecise about the comming of Prophet Muhammad(SAWM)?

Tilia
Guru

Re: What dose the bible say about Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Post #2

Post by Tilia »

Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:My question is, that what dose the bible prophecise about the comming of Prophet Muhammad(SAWM)?
'"False Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect."' Matt 24:24 NASB

Muhammad was not nearly competent enough to deceive the elect, but he was in that general category. He had enough wit to butter up an ignorant and undistinguished desert people keen to give themselves self-respect, and also to provide them with an excuse to evade the gospel, just as Rome had already done for Europe. Islam was Arabia's mock Christianity.

trencacloscas
Sage

Post #3

Post by trencacloscas »

Jesus can be considered a false prophet too. Both were fake, as fake as anybody that declares himself prophet. The difference is that Muhammad probably existed, and Jesus is nothing but a myth. Anyway, between a real crook and an imaginary crook, no choice is suitable.
Sor Eucharist: I need to talk with you, Dr. House. Sister Augustine believes in things that aren’t real.
Dr. Gregory House: I thought that was a job requirement for you people.

(HOUSE MD. Season 1 Episode 5)

Dr. Zakir Naik
Student

Post #4

Post by Dr. Zakir Naik »

I would rather request a logical person to reply me. What you wrote was a genral verse, there must be something precisely about Muhammad (SAWM). In search of this, I talked with a Bible Scholar.

I posed the question: "What does the Bible say about Muhammed?" Without hesitation he answered, "Nothing!" I asked: "Why nothing? According to your interpretation the Bible have so many things to say about the rise of Soviet Russia and about the Last Days and even about the Pope of the Roman Catholics?" He said, "Yes, but there was nothing about Muhammed!" I asked again, "Why nothing? Surely this man Muhammed who had been responsible for the bringing into being a worldwide community of millions of Believers who, on his authority, believe in:
(1) The miraculous birth of Jesus,
(2) that Jesus is the Messiah,
(3) that he gave life to the dead by God's permission, and that he healed those born blind and the lepers by God's permission.

Surely this book (the Bible) must have something to say about this great Leader of men who spoke so well of Jesus and his mother Mary?" (Peace be upon them both).

My research isen't over. And I am very curious about it. Any help would be appriciated.

Dr. Zakir Naik
Student

Post #5

Post by Dr. Zakir Naik »

trencacloscas wrote:Jesus can be considered a false prophet too. Both were fake, as fake as anybody that declares himself prophet. The difference is that Muhammad probably existed, and Jesus is nothing but a myth. Anyway, between a real crook and an imaginary crook, no choice is suitable.
What has your post to do with the prophecy of Muhammad (SAWM) in the bible?

harvey1
Prodigy

Post #6

Post by harvey1 »

Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:My question is, that what dose the bible prophecise about the comming of Prophet Muhammad(SAWM)?
It doesn't say anything specific about Mohammed that I am aware of. But, the NT does quote the prophet Joel:
In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. (Acts 2:17-18)
So, the Christian scriptures certainly acknowledge a prophet of Allah to come in the last days. (A term that Christians believe applied starting 2,000 years ago: which is a blink compared to the 200,000 -300,000 years that humans have been here.)

HughDP
Scholar

Post #7

Post by HughDP »

I think it depends upon whether you take it from a Christian perspective or a Muslim perspective. The Muslim interpretation of the Bible (by some, anyway) seems to indicate prophecies: http://www.al-sunnah.com/muhammad_in_the_bible.htm

Tilia
Guru

Post #8

Post by Tilia »

Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:I would rather request a logical person to reply me. What you wrote was a genral verse, there must be something precisely about Muhammad (SAWM). In search of this, I talked with a Bible Scholar.

I posed the question: "What does the Bible say about Muhammed?" Without hesitation he answered, "Nothing!" I asked: "Why nothing? According to your interpretation the Bible have so many things to say about the rise of Soviet Russia and about the Last Days and even about the Pope of the Roman Catholics?" He said, "Yes, but there was nothing about Muhammed!" I asked again, "Why nothing? Surely this man Muhammed who had been responsible for the bringing into being a worldwide community of millions of Believers who, on his authority, believe in:
(1) The miraculous birth of Jesus,
(2) that Jesus is the Messiah,
(3) that he gave life to the dead by God's permission, and that he healed those born blind and the lepers by God's permission.

Surely this book (the Bible) must have something to say about this great Leader of men who spoke so well of Jesus and his mother Mary?" (Peace be upon them both).

My research isen't over. And I am very curious about it. Any help would be appriciated.
The people called 'popes' are not demonstrably mentioned in the Bible; neither is the rise of Soviet Russia. There is no reason whatever to suppose that Muhammad was specifically predicted. The people called 'popes' have also declared the miraculous birth of Jesus, that Jesus is the Messiah, and that he raised the dead and performed miracles, as they found written in the Bible, yet many believe them to be antiChrists (though not the AntiChrist). So half truth is no truth. There are others far closer to the Bible than Muhammad or 'popes' (e.g. Calvinists, Pentecostalists, Seventh Day Adventists), and they are still considered antiChrists. (Particular praise of Mary is a teaching of the 'popes', btw. It is no sign of veracity; rather the reverse.)

Muhammad taught even less of the Bible than 'popes'. Mohammedans claim that their teacher was prophesied in the Bible, but these claims are absurd to any scholar. They claim to acknowledge Jesus, but the Jesus they recognise is not even remotely the same as the Christian one, and they disagree with almost everything in the Bible, both Old and New Testaments. They claim that there was another Bible, with another record of Jesus' ministry, that agrees with Muhammad, but they can never produce it.

The Bible was written by many authors over hundreds of years, but despite that, it carries the same message from start to finish, though developing and being fulfilled as predicted. It had a whole fanatically convinced nation, the Jews, as evidence of that. Mohammedanism has only one source, a single man, and he without the smallest shred of backing. Moreover, that man's claim was that an angel spoke to him, but there was not a single witness to this angel. His work could have been written by absolutely anyone who had a copy of the Bible. You could do it yourself. Anybody at all could write a Koran, or whatever we might want to call it. We could run a competition. The Koran has the same status as the Book of Mormon, written by a man who made a similar unchecked claim. They would be funny if they were not so sick.

From Genesis onwards, the Bible is about the cross of Jesus, and how, by faith in that sacrifice made on our behalf, we can be friends of God. The people called 'popes' said that the cross was not enough, and that one had to keep going to their 'priests' to get forgiveness. Muhammad was less subtle. He simply said that Jesus did not die on the cross. And six hundred years after the event, in the backwater of Arabia, where people knew no better, he was believed. It was going to happen.

Muhammad's fiction is on a roll, but we should take no notice of mere numbers. The human race is capable of quite amazing mob folly.

HughDP
Scholar

Post #9

Post by HughDP »

Tilia wrote:His work could have been written by absolutely anyone who had a copy of the Bible. You could do it yourself. Anybody at all could write a Koran, or whatever we might want to call it.
In fairness, many people hold the same opinion about the Bible - later books of the Bible could be written by anyone who had a copy of (or knowledge of) earlier books.

Tilia
Guru

Post #10

Post by Tilia »

HughDP wrote:
Tilia wrote:His work could have been written by absolutely anyone who had a copy of the Bible. You could do it yourself. Anybody at all could write a Koran, or whatever we might want to call it.
In fairness, many people hold the same opinion about the Bible - later books of the Bible could be written by anyone who had a copy of (or knowledge of) earlier books.
Who could have predicted the gospels? Why would people want to write a series of books that culminated in persecution from both Jews and Empire? The Koran is so predictable it is funny, in a sick sort of way. And rather than spread its message despite persection, it spread through persecution- a battle every other year, on average, for the first 150 years or so, and oppression of non-Muslims where they were allowed to survive. And still the death threats come.