Paul Ryan is your only hope for sane governance.

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Paul Ryan is your only hope for sane governance.

Post #1

Post by DanieltheDragon »

Now that the democrats have next to 0 power in the federal government, the only way forward is to form a coalition backing Ryan and the moderate wing of the Republican Party.

This seems to be the only way for our country to move forward and avoiding the many potential pitfalls of the Trump presidency. If the democrats and the moderate republicans coalesced together they would form a new majority and could sufficiently knockdown extremist proposals coming from the Trump camp.

How do you think this election will reshuffle allegiances in congress?
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

bluethread
Savant

Re: Paul Ryan is your only hope for sane governance.

Post #2

Post by bluethread »

DanieltheDragon wrote: Now that the democrats have next to 0 power in the federal government, the only way forward is to form a coalition backing Ryan and the moderate wing of the

This seems to be the only way for our country to move forward and avoiding the many potential pitfalls of the Trump presidency. If the democrats and the moderate Republican Party. republicans coalesced together they would form a new majority and could sufficiently knockdown extremist proposals coming from the Trump camp.

How do you think this election will reshuffle allegiances in congress?
:? :-k The Democrats :-s :confused2: forming a coalition :yapyap: [-( :o with Ryan :P :roll: :evil_laugh: :hahano:

Sorry I can't seem to get the extended list of emoticons to work, so I can't show you how I think that would really go over. There it worked. :-k

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #3

Post by Divine Insight »

At this point I don't even think Paul Ryan can save humanity from Trump.

Trump seems to be bent on doing away with the EPA. He's going to lead the way to a global environmental disaster than may be impossible to recover from. Trump could be the demise of all humanity. He's totally ignorant of science and simply doesn't not believe in or recognize the significance of human activity on the planet.

He's in total denial of science.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

bluethread
Savant

Post #4

Post by bluethread »

Divine Insight wrote: At this point I don't even think Paul Ryan can save humanity from Trump.

Trump seems to be bent on doing away with the EPA. He's going to lead the way to a global environmental disaster than may be impossible to recover from. Trump could be the demise of all humanity. He's totally ignorant of science and simply doesn't not believe in or recognize the significance of human activity on the planet.

Not even Paul Ryan? :roll: Come on, before Trump had even won the nomination, Democrats were saying that Paul Ryan was going to usher in the end of the world. How much more endy can the end of the world get. That's the problem with hyperbole, it kind of makes it hard to raise fears any higher. I hear Steven Hawking says we only have 100O years left. :yikes: Oh, what will we do?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #5

Post by Divine Insight »

bluethread wrote:
Divine Insight wrote: At this point I don't even think Paul Ryan can save humanity from Trump.

Not even Paul Ryan? :roll: Come on, before Trump had even won the nomination, Democrats were saying that Paul Ryan was going to usher in the end of the world. How much more endy can the end of the world get. That's the problem with hyperbole, it kind of makes it hard to raise fears any higher. I hear Steven Hawking says we only have 100O years left. :yikes: Oh, what will we do?
I don't recall Paul Ryan threatening to do away with the EPA?

Also I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if humanity destroys the planet in the next 1000 years. In fact, we're certainly headed in that direction. Even if we had kept on Obama's planet saving course with environmental issues human's continue to procreate with total abandon. So we're headed for self-extinction on that note anyway.

Personally I don't think it matters. If humans evolved by chance as the secular materialists believe then there's no reason why we should last very long. Nature has created many species that have gone extinct. Why should humans be an exception?

And if there exists a God, then apparently this is precisely what God has plans for humans anyway. After all, where does any religion suggest that we should curb our insane desire to procreate with complete abandon. In fact, Christian theology actually commands us to to precisely that. :roll:

So the Christian God can hardly blame us for doing precisely what he commanded us to do. There would be no problem with pollution had humans procreated wisely instead of like a bunch of wild sex-crazed monkeys.

But I can sympathize with the secular materialists. They could always hope that human intelligence might prevail. And Obama certainly had us on an intelligent pathway.

But now we're being led by something more akin to a Neanderthal. Hope that intelligence might prevail now is pretty dim.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Monta
Guru

Post #6

Post by Monta »

[Replying to Divine Insight]

"So the Christian God can hardly blame us for doing precisely what he commanded us to do. There would be no problem with pollution had humans procreated wisely instead of like a bunch of wild sex-crazed monkeys. "

We can be blamed for doing what he commanded not to do, not to kill other fellow
humans and not damage their and eventaully our DNA with tonnes of DU dropped on Iraq and other countries.
Climate change is our least worry.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Re: Paul Ryan is your only hope for sane governance.

Post #7

Post by DanieltheDragon »

[Replying to post 2 by bluethread]

What are their other options? What would you do in their position?
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.