Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1081

Post by JehovahsWitness »

kcplusdc@yahoo.com wrote: Working with the land not against it, we can create a utopian paradise ever changing and progressing into a more perfect expression of his creation and its unbounded potential.

Without Divine rulership a paradise earth is impossible. Yes humans have been given the earth to cultivate, the animals to care for and enjoy and each other to work with and love.... but man was never created to live independent of our creator. Souvereignty must remain with God for the management of our planet (and lives) to be truly successful.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

kcplusdc@yahoo.com
Apprentice

Paradise given...

Post #1082

Post by kcplusdc@yahoo.com »

God gave us a crack at paradise once already, which we fouled up almost immediately. Management was definitely not amused and kindly showed us the door.
Paradise given was a failure. No reason to think that history wouldnt repeat itself if God gave us another one.

The potential paradise that can be created by our hand can not be actualized without God and our whole hearted abandonment to his will. A global faith and vision that replaces man as the center of the universe.
Of course as it turns out we never were, because its an impossibility, a dream of the ego.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Paradise given...

Post #1083

kcplusdc@yahoo.com wrote:
The potential paradise that can be created by our hand can not be actualized without God and our whole hearted abandonment to his will. A global faith and vision that replaces man as the center of the universe. Of course as it turns out we never were, because its an impossibility, a dream of the ego.

On this I can wholeheartedly agree. We Jehovah's Witnesses see God's kingdom government (with Jesus himself ruling the planet earth after the total elimination of all forms of human rulership) as the key to future success. With the removal of borders, governments and kings, and only humans that support divine souvereignty alive, the meek will at long LONG last finally inherit the earth and paradise will be restored on this our planet.

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

kcplusdc@yahoo.com
Apprentice

Eyes of a child

Post #1084

Post by kcplusdc@yahoo.com »

Believe it or not you can become miracle blind.
Consider this idea....
An uncountable chain of miraculous events has brought me/us to this moment. Its mind blowing if you really think about it.
Only problem is that sometimes I forget how awe inspiring life is, mainly because I'm so use to it. I take it for granted . Its common place .
Just.another mundane miracle, big whoop!

Often I have to stop and force my self to see clearly, to remember that I am surrounded by so much beauty. A whole universe came together, danced in step and brought me to the light.

The eyes of a child twinkle with amazement as they stare at something new. Hypnotized and memorized and without embarrassment of fear they stare.. They truly see. For them all the miracles are fresh and new.

And really, we could probably go all day listing miracles that we dont acknowledge or ses any more.
You no what?
If I change my focus and enjoy all the day to day miracles, walk in his light with a grateful heart, it wouldn't suprise me to realize that paradise is already here, waiting for us.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1085

Post by onewithhim »

kcplusdc@yahoo.com wrote: God gave us a crack at paradise once already, which we fouled up almost immediately. Management was definitely not amused and kindly showed us the door.
Paradise given was a failure. No reason to think that history wouldnt repeat itself if God gave us another one.

The potential paradise that can be created by our hand can not be actualized without God and our whole hearted abandonment to his will. A global faith and vision that replaces man as the center of the universe.
Of course as it turns out we never were, because its an impossibility, a dream of the ego.
The Bible says that the earth will be filled with people who want to obey the Creator. When Jesus comes back, he will be the ruler of the planet and will not tolerate anyone doing destructive things. God (Jehovah) created the earth to be inhabited by good people who love Him, and His will hasn't changed. (Isaiah 45:18)

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Eyes of a child

Post #1086

Post by onewithhim »

kcplusdc@yahoo.com wrote: Believe it or not you can become miracle blind.
Consider this idea....
An uncountable chain of miraculous events has brought me/us to this moment. Its mind blowing if you really think about it.
Only problem is that sometimes I forget how awe inspiring life is, mainly because I'm so use to it. I take it for granted . Its common place .
Just.another mundane miracle, big whoop!

Often I have to stop and force my self to see clearly, to remember that I am surrounded by so much beauty. A whole universe came together, danced in step and brought me to the light.

The eyes of a child twinkle with amazement as they stare at something new. Hypnotized and memorized and without embarrassment of fear they stare.. They truly see. For them all the miracles are fresh and new.

And really, we could probably go all day listing miracles that we dont acknowledge or ses any more.
You no what?
If I change my focus and enjoy all the day to day miracles, walk in his light with a grateful heart, it wouldn't suprise me to realize that paradise is already here, waiting for us.
Well, we can't have a literal Paradise with the devil running the world. (I John 5:19)

"The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one."

The Bible says that Jesus is coming back to put Satan out of commission.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1087

Post by onewithhim »

What happened to kcplusdc? I was hoping for further discussion.

Well, anyway, it would be nice to hear from people that find the promise of life on Earth forever delightful and encouraging. We can't really get around it, if we read the Bible. How can some people just dismiss it? What do they think when they read the following?

The purpose for the earth and mankind:
"God said to them: 'Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.'"(Genesis 1:28)

"Jehovah God took the man and settled him in the garden of Eden to cultivate it and to take care of it." (Gen.2:15)

"For this is what Jehovah says, the Creator of the heavens, the true God, the One who formed the earth, its Maker who firmly established it, Who did not create it simply for nothing, but formed it to be inhabited..." (Isaiah 45:18)

God's purpose has not been thwarted:
"Happy are the mild-tempered, since they will inherit the earth." (Matthew 5:5)

"The meek will possess the earth, and they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace...."The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it." (Psalm 37:11,29)

"The wolf will reside for a while with the lamb, and with the young goat the leopard will lie down, and the calf and the lion and the fattened animal will all be together; and a little boy will lead them....They will not cause any harm or any ruin in all my holy mountain, because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah as the waters cover the sea." (Isaiah 11:6,9)

:D

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1088

[Replying to post 1085 by onewithhim]

I don't think (s)he's around any more but the scriptures are most helpful. Jesus was most clear, the biblical hope for the future definitely figures in our planet earth. I can't see why people find that so controversial.

JW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1089

kcplusdc@yahoo.com wrote: God gave us a crack at paradise once already, which we fouled up almost immediately. Management was definitely not amused and kindly showed us the door.
God didn't show us the door, he showed Adam and Eve the door.

Paradise was God's idea (not theirs) and he never fails at anything. Adam and Eve failed to respect management and were given their marching orders. Management didn't resign because of their foolishness. That would be like the Highway Patrol giving up on speed limits because someone was given a ticket!
kcplusdc@yahoo.com wrote: No reason to think that history wouldnt repeat itself if God gave us another one.

There is EVERY reason think that history wouldnt repeat itself if God gave us another one. Those reasons are Abel, Noah, Abraham, Job... and MILIONS of others thag have proved by their lives they will never renounce their integrity and wholeheartedly uphold Jehovah God's souvereignty. The three young Hebrews were willing to be burnt alive rather than disobey God, you think dont they would have resisted a piece of fruit?
But the main reason to believe "history wouldnt repeat itself" is because of what JESUS achieved, God won't have to let it.
Defying his rulership and living to tell the tale was a once off deal, anyone that tries that in the coming paradise will not be allowed to spoil our party (to mix my metaphors).

JW

RELATED POSTS
Does God's permission of wickedness represent a defeat on his part?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 395#853395

Did God change his purpose after the Edenic rebellion?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 491#836491

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #1090

Post by IaLoaou »

Luke 23:43
And Jesus said unto him,
Verily I say unto thee,
To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Paradise is not on this Earth.

True or false?