Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #841

Post by 2timothy316 »

RightReason wrote: [Replying to 2timothy316]

And there are verses stating we will see His face, so round and round we go . . .
Yet I have never said that no one will. However, your reasons why you want to seem to be lacking. The Bible tells us of those that will see God's face will be rulers and priest for the people of the Earth. Not once have you said that is what you desire. From what I have read your concern is 'seeing' something you desire to see. I have to call it as I see it and it pains me to be so blunt, but your desire is well, selfish. Then I see you speak of the gifts of God as not worthy of you. This makes me view people that think like that as unappreciative. Jesus said of those that desire heaven, "Therefore, whoever will humble himself like this young child is the one who is the greatest in the Kingdom of the heavens; and whoever receives one such young child on the basis of my name receives me also." Mat 18:4, 5. Those that desire heaven will think of themselves as low as children not as greater than everything and everyone around them and certainly that are owed anything. All of those that I have listened to that wish to be with Christ in Heaven are not concerned with seeing Jehovah's or Jesus' face. They are concerned with people. Teaching them and helping them through these last days. They look forward to Heaven sure but they want to be servants of Jehovah in dealing with mankind more than seeing His face. This desire is what is in line with what they are promised in Revelation.
Like I said, the truth is we simply don’t know exactly what heaven will be like and I trust what Christ’s Church has to say on the matter. Given all we can and do know about God, it would be very difficult to believe He does not want to be with us. I just don’t trust the Watchtower Society and think their focus is a little off.

Peace.
Jehovah will be with us. Revlation 21 says, "With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them."

Tent with who? Angels? Not angels but mankind.

Just not in physical or spiritual bodies that we can see. Which if you think about it, isn't that what you are warning me about? Clinging to physical wants? What does it matter if they are not where I can see them? I can't see them now. I can see the fruitage of their work though. I can see them working in my life, in the lives of others and they are close to my heart.

Trusting the WTS is not even the issue here. the WTS is just the legal name of the printing operations of Jehovah's Witnesses. Everything I have shown you didn't come from a single publication. I have only quoted scripture. So from what I can see from your posts is your issue is not with the WTS it is with the Bible.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #842

Post by onewithhim »

brianbbs67 wrote: All I know is He is coming back with fire and a sword. The last thing Jesus told his disciples to buy.
It might behoove you to do a bit more research on what is going to happen when Jesus comes back. There are many references to a lot of information on many of the posts on this thread.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #843

Post by onewithhim »

2timothy316 wrote: [Replying to post 825 by RightReason]

I guess it's true that some can complain about anything. Even paradise. Humans indeed are greedy beyond words, nothing is ever enough. Give them an entire planet, they want Heaven. Give them stewardship over all the animals and they want to be god over themselves too. Give them Heaven then what will they want? It seems like some think being a human on Earth is a 3rd place prize. Is being alive enough for them? Nooooooo being human is an insult. They want to be close to God but don't think they be close to Him right now as a human being. It doesn't matter that people such as Abraham and Moses were said to be friends and even knew God spiritually 'face to face'. The didn't see Him with their physical eyes but saw Him with their spiritual eyes. They talked with Jehovah their God all the time. Is this enough for some? Of course not.

As if Jehovah doesn't know what will make us happy! Why would God put make people and put them on their Earth if He knew that they wouldn't be happy? This makes God out to be a bumbling fool. Does anyone know who wants Jehovah to look like a fool and unfit to rule? :facepalm:
Excellent post, timothy. Good points! How presumptuous of people to find fault with Jehovah's plans for this planet and human beings! He never indicated to Adam that He would have Adam's descendants transferred to heaven! The plan was for Adam and his progeny to live on the earth and take care of it. How can anyone find fault with this beautiful home we have here on Earth? I wonder why people are saying, "This isn't good enough. We want something else." Go figure.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #844

Post by onewithhim »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
2timothy316 wrote: I don't see any problems in the pictures that are produced. Of course no human alive today has ever seen a paradise world. But I don't know why you have a problem with fruit and ponies. :?:
... don't foget the monkeys!

[youtube][/youtube]

Seriously, I'm sure literally seeing Jehovah would be wonderful, He must be unspeakably beautiful and awesome, but it is very physical to believe one cannot "see God" now. We can enjoy intimacy God no matter where we live, and our greatest hope is to enjoy a relationship unhindered by sin. That said the bible does not present all physical pleasures as "evil" or "dirty" , I think appreciation for God's physical gifts is what distinguishes us from other religions, certainl from those that think the "holiest" people lock themselves away in monasteries , wear black and live on dry bread and water. We thank Jehovah for the wonders of his creation and He in turn will bless those that do so.

Anyway the bible is clear, God made the earth for humans and Jehovah's Witnesses are most happy and grateful for all Jehovah's many physical blessings that will only be more wonderful as the EARTH is transformed into the paradis originally intended.
Yes, it is almost comical that people claim to be so religious and faithful, yet they are materialistic enough to not be able to conceive of a relationship with God NOW. Where is the spirituality of the people who have to wait to SEE God, literally, in order to achieve ultimate spirituality? That is an incredibly materialistic point of view, IMHO.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #845

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 844 by onewithhim]

I couldn't agree more. Also I was thinking about the statement in Job where it speaks of the angels coming in to "take their station before God" and Satan "entering in" with them"... this it seems to me, indicates that all the angels are not constantly literally in front of God, looking at him all the time. Certainly Jesus and other privileged angels probably are, but maybe not all.

The point being as grand a privilege as it would be to literally see the face of God far greater is it to have a personal audience with him, no matter where we are and to have a relationship with him. All this is possible for a human on earth.

It's a bit like the idea that some have that Jesus can't rule the earth without literally being on the planet, its so infantile!
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Post #846

Post by onewithhim »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 844 by onewithhim]

I couldn't agree more. Also I was thinking about the statement in Job where it speaks of the angels coming in to "take their station before God" and Satan "entering in" with them"... this it seems to me, indicates that all the angels are not constantly literally in front of God, looking at him all the time. Certainly Jesus and other privileged angels probably are, but maybe not all.

The point being as grand a privilege as it would be to literally see the face of God far greater is it to have a personal audience with him, no matter where we are and to have a relationship with him. All this is possible for a human on earth.

It's a bit like the idea that some have that Jesus can't rule the earth without literally being on the planet, its so infantile!
Exactly! Well said.

Some say that Revelation 7:9 means that the Great Crowd/Multitude are literally standing in front of God's throne, but, like you say, to stand "before" the throne can mean while the people are on the earth. This has been shown by reference to scriptures such as Exodus 16:9, which says: "And Moses went on to say to Aaron: 'Say to the entire assembly of the sons of Israel, "Come near before Jehovah, because he has heard your murmurings."'"

It is pretty clear that people on the earth can also stand "before" Jehovah. What more does it take for people to see that what a scripture says must be viewed with "the eyes of understanding"? That takes searching for the truth with the help of Jehovah and His Holy Spirit. To get His help, it makes sense that we would have to acknowledge Him as the one true God of the universe. (Psalm 83:18)

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #847

Checkpoint wrote: things will not happen until after the millennium, not as part of it or during it.
Well yes, after the millennium we will be perfect in every way. That's the ultimate goal, so we can have a perfect relationship with God and live to our full potential.

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #848

Post by brianbbs67 »

onewithhim wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote: All I know is He is coming back with fire and a sword. The last thing Jesus told his disciples to buy.
It might behoove you to do a bit more research on what is going to happen when Jesus comes back. There are many references to a lot of information on many of the posts on this thread.
Have you read the Tanakh?(OT) God repeats over and over what will happen when He comes back. Christ reveals pretty much the same. "2 women will be grinding at a mill, one will be taken, the other remain. And there will be much gnashing of teeth.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #849

Post by paarsurrey1 »

onewithhim wrote: When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

1Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, 2and he began to teach them.

The Beatitudes

He said:

3“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
http://biblehub.com/niv/matthew/5.htm

We can see from the context verses that Jesus is talking, as per Matthew, of the reward in the heaven or afterlife/hereafter, not in this life. Right, please?
Regards

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #850

paarsurrey1 wrote: 5Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
And what did he say the meek will inherit?