Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Re:

Post #2771

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:19 pm
onewithhim wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:29 am
myth-one.com wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:05 pm
onewithhim wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:13 am [Replying to myth-one.com in post #2764]
Jesus and his co-rulers will reign OVER the earth from heaven. (Rev.5:10)
No, Revelation 5:10 states that the earthly rulers will reign on the earth:

And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. (Revelation 5:10)

Bad cherry. :(

Find another.
Nope. That word can be translated as "on" OR "over." The Holy Family Edition of the Catholic Bible understood that when translating. It renders Rev.5:10 as "and hast made them for our God a kingdom and priests, and they shall reign over the earth." The Sacred Heart Edition says the same thing.
"On" or "Over" is OK with me.

But where is it said that they will do either from Heaven?
Jesus said to his anointed followers that they would be with him to "judge the 12 twelve tribes of Israel." He also said to them that where he was going (to heaven, as we know) he would "prepare a place" for them. He said, "Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you home to myself, that where I am you may also be.." (John 14:1-4)

Doesn't it look like, to you, that he was preparing a place for them in heaven? Why would things change, and they would be going back to the earth? They would already have spirit bodies, and to revert back to physical bodies to live in a physical environment seems more than counter-productive, downright backward. "Home" to Jesus was surely heaven.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2772

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:36 pm Jesus said to his anointed followers that they would be with him to "judge the 12 twelve tribes of Israel." He also said to them that where he was going (to heaven, as we know) he would "prepare a place" for them. He said, "Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you home to myself, that where I am you may also be.." (John 14:1-4)

Doesn't it look like, to you, that he was preparing a place for them in heaven?
No, He is in heaven preparing for us a home. When our home is ready, He will return with it.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. (Revelation 21:2)
onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:36 pm"Home" to Jesus was surely heaven.
No, Jesus Christ was born, spent His life, and died on the earth!
onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:36 pm Why would things change, and they would be going back to the earth?
Because the purpose of mankind is to eventually replace those spirits which left there first estate -- the good earth! And they are not going back to the earth. They never left the earth. Deceased believers are presently resting in their graves awaiting their resurrection to everlasting life at the Second Coming.
onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:36 pm They would already have spirit bodies, and to revert back to physical bodies to live in a physical environment seems more than counter-productive, downright backward.
An immortal spiritual body can never become a mortal physical body. Upon being born of God as a spirit, one will remain a spirit for all eternity. That is how believers gain everlasting life -- by becoming spiritual bodied beings.

<==================================>

You misquote John 14:1-4 as your "proof" that believers will spend eternity in heaven:
onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:36 pmHe said, "Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you home to myself, that where I am you may also be.." (John 14:1-4)
But the phrase "home to myself" does not appear in John 14:1-4.

John 14:1-4
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

It appears that you have modified the phrase "receive you unto myself" to "receive you home to myself."

You have used this tactic before. You misused Revelation 5:10 to "prove" that Jesus and co-rulers will rule over the earth from heaven:

Onewithhim wrote:Jesus and his co-rulers will reign OVER the earth from heaven. (Rev.5:10)
Revelation 5:10 actually states that the earthly rulers shall reign on the earth:

And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. (Revelation 5:10)

It seems that you have added the words "from heaven" into the verse to prove your point.

The Bible warns against adding anything to the words of God:

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: (Revelation 22:18)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2773

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:11 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:36 pm Jesus said to his anointed followers that they would be with him to "judge the 12 twelve tribes of Israel." He also said to them that where he was going (to heaven, as we know) he would "prepare a place" for them. He said, "Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you home to myself, that where I am you may also be.." (John 14:1-4)

No, He is in heaven preparing for us a home. When our home is ready, He will return with it.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. (Revelation 21:2)
onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:36 pm"Home" to Jesus was surely heaven.
No, Jesus Christ was born, spent His life, and died on the earth!
No, Jesus was created in heaven eons before the earth was made. He came down from heaven to interact with mankind and follow through on his assignment to be a ransom sacrifice for our sins. (John 3:13) He has since gone back to heaven where he will stay, living in "unapproachable light" as Paul's letter to Timothy points out.

Speaking of the King of kings and Lord of lords: "who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto, whom no man hath seen, nor can see." (I Timothy 6:16, KJV) Is Jesus someday going to leave that bright spiritual realm to come back down to the earth where he spent a mere 33 years of his billions-of-years-long life? Not going to happen.

tam
Savant

Post #2774

Post by tam »

Peace to you all,
onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:36 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:19 pm
onewithhim wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:29 am
myth-one.com wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:05 pm
onewithhim wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:13 am [Replying to myth-one.com in post #2764]
Jesus and his co-rulers will reign OVER the earth from heaven. (Rev.5:10)
No, Revelation 5:10 states that the earthly rulers will reign on the earth:

Bad cherry. :(

Find another.
Nope. That word can be translated as "on" OR "over." The Holy Family Edition of the Catholic Bible understood that when translating. It renders Rev.5:10 as "and hast made them for our God a kingdom and priests, and they shall reign over the earth." The Sacred Heart Edition says the same thing.
"On" or "Over" is OK with me.

But where is it said that they will do either from Heaven?
Jesus said to his anointed followers that they would be with him to "judge the 12 twelve tribes of Israel." He also said to them that where he was going (to heaven, as we know) he would "prepare a place" for them. He said, "Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you home to myself, that where I am you may also be.." (John 14:1-4)
Perhaps a different emphasis will help:

Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you home to myself, that where I am you may also be.."

Their home is with Him, wherever He might be (on the earth, in the spiritual realm, both).

He was preparing a place for them in the Temple (which is the Body of Christ, so their place in Him, and in the City, the New Jerusalem); within which (or within whom) God will dwell (by means of His holy spirit). A living Temple for a living God; a living City for a living God.

But yes, He does take His Bride TO the spiritual realm (for the wedding, the union, having been caught up and changed 'in a twinkling'). But they do not remain separated from the earth. Instead, the Bride - New Jerusalem - comes down out of heaven. She cannot come down out of heaven unless she first went into heaven, but she then comes down out of heaven. (Rev 3:12; 21:2)

Not merely her influence, but she, herself.

Why would things change, and they would be going back to the earth?
To live upon it, to reign upon it, to interact with the earth and the subjects of the Kingdom; to see and be reunited with loved ones; to help in whatever way they can with the healing the earth and whatever else Christ assigns them; to be FREE. The Bride might be able to do some of those things from within the spiritual realm, but not all of them.
They would already have spirit bodies, and to revert back to physical bodies to live in a physical environment seems more than counter-productive, downright backward.
The spirit body is not a ghost body. Christ was not a ghost when He resurrected. He had a body that could move between the physical and the spiritual, that had no sin or death in it (that is the spirit body - the white robe - that we will receive... as opposed to the long garment of skin that we inherited from Adam AFTER he ate of the ToKGB, which body had sin and death in it). But Christ ate food after His resurrection, and He also materialized in a room with closed doors. Other spirit beings (angels) can do the same. Why would the Bride - who is being made into the image of Christ - not be able to do this?

The nations are also gathered before Christ at His return, are they not (the sheep and goats)? He speaks to the nations, and they, to Him.

I found the following article from the wt online library asking and answering the question of whether or not the righteous will be taken to heaven and then returned to the earth:
Does Revelation 21:2, 3 support that view? It says: “I saw also the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: ‘Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them.’” (Does the fact that God will “reside” with mankind and “be with them” mean that he will become a fleshly Being? That cannot be, because Jehovah told Moses: “No man may see me and yet live.” [Ex. 33:20] Consistently, then, the members of the New Jerusalem will not return to earth as physical beings. In what sense, then, could God “be with” mankind and how would the New Jerusalem ‘come down out of heaven’? No doubt an indication is found in Genesis 21:1, which says that God “visited” Sarah, blessing her with a son in her old age. Exodus 4:31 tells us that God “visited” Israel by sending Moses as a deliverer. Luke 7:16 says that by means of Jesus’ ministry God “visited” his people. [All from KJ and RS] Other translations use the expression God “turned his attention” to his people [NW] or ‘showed concern’ for them [NE]. So Revelation 21:2, 3 must mean that God will ‘visit,’ or be with, mankind by means of the heavenly New Jerusalem, through which blessings will come to obedient humans.)
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/110 ... aven&p=par

Please note the bold.

In all the preceding examples from the article establishing how God 'visits' the earth: when God visited Sarah, the angel was on the earth; when God visited Israel by sending Moses, Moses was on the earth; when God spoke to Abraham via three angels, the three angels were on the earth; when God spoke to the people through Prophets, the prophets were on the earth; and when God visited the earth by Christ ("God with us"), Christ was literally upon the earth. So if their comparison is that God visits mankind by means of New Jerusalem - to be consistent - then New Jerusalem must also on the earth.

(Please note that I am not saying that God speaks to mankind through the Bride. God speaks to mankind through His Son, His Word. But the reasoning from that article cannot be used to suggest that the New Jerusalem does not come down out of heaven. The reasoning shows just the opposite.)

Just some things to think about, and hopefully, to take to Christ (who is Himself the Truth), to know the truth of this or any other matter.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2775

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:25 pm Jesus was created in heaven eons before the earth was made. He came down from heaven to interact with mankind and follow through on his assignment to be a ransom sacrifice for our sins. (John 3:13) He has since gone back to heaven where he will stay, living in "unapproachable light" as Paul's letter to Timothy points out.
John 13:3
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Speaking about Christians, Paul wrote the following:

I Corinthians 15:49-50
And as we (Christians) have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;...

If man is a flesh and blood being, how can both of the verses above (John 13:3 and First Corinthians 15:49-50) be true?

Miles
Savant

Post #2776

Post by Miles »

Why in the world would anyone believe anything in the book of Revelation? It certainly doesn't deserve canonization much less the time of day. Simply look at the very first verse of the first chapter.

Revelation 1:1

ERV
1 This is a revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must happen soon.

NWT
A revelation* by Jesus Christ, which God gave him,+ to show his slaves+ the things that must shortly take place.

AMPC
[This is] the revelation of Jesus Christ [His unveiling of the divine mysteries]. God gave it to Him to disclose and make known to His bond servants certain things which must shortly and speedily come to pass in their entirety.

HCSB
The revelation of Jesus Christ that God gave Him to show His slaves what must quickly take place

LEB
The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his slaves the things which must take place in a short time,

PLUS, REVELATION 22 HAS JESUS SAYING:

Revelation 22: 7, 12, 16, 20
7 “And behold, I am coming soon. Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”

12 “Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done.”

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”

20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

Considering that "soon," "shortly," "speedily," "quickly," and "in a short time" mean soon, shortly, speedily, quickly, and in a short time, don't you think that 2,000+ years pretty much exceeds this claim, and that someone made a grave mistake here, throwing the veracity of whole book into question? If not, then how does one explain god's assertion that what was to happen soon, shortly, speedily, quickly and in a short time, has never yet happened? Perhaps just another one of god's mistakes?

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #2777

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Miles wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:52 pm

Why in the world would anyone believe anything in the book of Revelation? It certainly doesn't deserve canonization much less the time of day. Simply look at the very first verse of the first chapter.

ERV
1 This is a revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must happen soon.

NWT
A revelation* by Jesus Christ, which God gave him,+ to show his slaves+ the things that must shortly take place.

AMPC
[This is] the revelation of Jesus Christ [His unveiling of the divine mysteries]. God gave it to Him to disclose and make known to His bond servants certain things which must shortly and speedily come to pass in their entirety.

HCSB
The revelation of Jesus Christ that God gave Him to show His slaves what must quickly take place

LEB
The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his slaves the things which must take place in a short time,

7 “And behold, I am coming soon. Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”

12 “Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done.”

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”

20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

Considering that "soon," "shortly," "speedily," "quickly," and "in a short time" mean soon, shortly, speedily, quickly, and in a short time, don't you think that 2,000+ years pretty much exceeds this claim, and that someone made a grave mistake here, throwing the veracity of whole book into question? If not, then how does one explain god's assertion that what was to happen soon, shortly, speedily, quickly and in a short time, has never yet happened? Perhaps just another one of god's mistakes?

If you had read the proscript (Psalm 90:4), then you would have known that to the LORD, one day is as a thousand years, and according to Hosea 6:2, the LORD would not heal Judah and Ephraim, His people, until after two days (2000 years), on the "third day". As for where the Lord will reign on earth, that would be from "Jerusalem" (Zech 14:16).

Psalm 90:4 For in Your sight a thousand years are but a day

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2778

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Miles wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:52 pmPerhaps just another one of god's mistakes?

God doesnt make mistakes.
DEUTERONOMY 32:4

“The Rock! His work is perfect

RELATED POSTS
Does "near" or "at hand" necessarily relate to TIME? (Mark 1:14-15)
viewtopic.php?p=1021342#p1021342

Does the bible not indicate its promised would be fulfilled "soon"?
viewtopic.php?p=1032146#p1032146
For more on this topic please go to other posts related to...

LAST DAYS and ...THE SECOND COMING *and ... "DELAYS "DEBUNKED,
*The Return of Christ
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Miles
Savant

Post #2779

Post by Miles »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:04 pm
Miles wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:52 pm

ERV

NWT

AMPC

HCSB

LEB

If you had read the proscript (Psalm 90:4), then you would have known that to the LORD, one day is as a thousand years, and according to Hosea 6:2, the LORD would not heal Judah and Ephraim, His people, until after two days (2000 years), on the "third day". As for where the Lord will reign on earth, that would be from "Jerusalem" (Zech 14:16).

Psalm 90:4 For in Your sight a thousand years are but a day
First of all I never said a thing about any day or days.

Secondly, I have to ask, is that the meaning illiterate servants and slaves where expected to attach to god's use of the word "day," a thousand years? I certainly hope not because when god wrote in Genesis 7:12 "And rain fell upon the earth forty days and forty nights." do you think rain fell for 40,000 years? How about Genesis 7:24 where its says "And the waters prevailed on the earth 150 days." Do you actually think the earth was flooded for 150,000 years? And when god says in Genesis 25:7 "These are the days of the years of Abraham's life, 175 years. " that Abraham lived for 175,000 years? And that the same meaning would hold in "Genesis 21:4 where he says "Abraham circumcised his son Isaac when he was eight days old, as God had commanded him." meaning the circumcision took place when Isaac was 8,000 years old? Of course you do because "to the LORD, one day is as a thousand years."

Have a good day.

Last edited by Miles on Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Miles
Savant

Post #2780

Post by Miles »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:22 pm
Miles wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:52 pmPerhaps just another one of god's mistakes?

God doesnt make mistakes.
TO NOTE: When one repents, regrets, relents, is remorseful or sorry for what they do, that act (the doing) would have been a mistake: Something a person should not have done it.

Genesis 6:6

ICB
The Lord was sorry he had made human beings on the earth. His heart was filled with pain.
KJV
And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
ESV
And the Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.

1 Samuel 15:35

CEV
Even though Samuel felt sad about Saul, Samuel never saw him again. The Lord was sorry he had made Saul the king of Israel.
KJ21
And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death. Nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul; and the Lord repented that He had made Saul king over Israel.
CEB
Samuel never saw Saul again before he died, but he grieved over Saul. However, the Lord regretted making Saul king over Israel.

Jeremiah 42:10

GNV
If ye will dwell in this land, then I will build you, and not destroy you, and I will plant you, and not root you out: for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you.
ISV
‘If you will just remain in this land, I’ll build you up and not pull you down. I’ll plant you and not uproot you, for I’m sorry about the disaster I’ve brought on you.
NCB
“ ‘If you resolve to remain in this land, I will build you up and not tear you down; I will plant you and not uproot you. For I deeply regret the disaster that I have inflicted upon you.

2 Samuel 24:16

ERV
The angel raised his arm over Jerusalem and was ready to destroy it, but the Lord felt very sorry about the bad things that had happened. He said to the angel who destroyed the people,
KJ21
And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the Lord repented of the evil, and said to the angel who destroyed the people, “It is enough: stay now thine hand.” And the angel of the Lord was by the threshing place of Araunah the Jebusite.
LEB
When the angel stretched out his hand to destroy Jerusalem, Yahweh regretted about the evil, and he said to the angel who brought destruction among the people, “Enough, now relax your hand.” Now the angel of Yahweh was at the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite.

Amos 7:6

KJ21
The Lord repented concerning this. “This also shall not be,” saith the Lord God.
WEB
Yahweh relented concerning this. “This also shall not be,” says the Lord Yahweh.
ICB
So the Lord felt sorry about this. “This will not happen either,” said the Lord God.

Exodus 32:14

KJV
And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
JUB
Then the LORD repented of the evil which he said should be done unto his people.
YLT
and Jehovah repenteth of the evil which He hath spoken of doing to His people.

Jonah 3:10

GNV
And God saw their works that they turned from their evil ways: and God repented of the evil that he had said that he would do unto them, and he did it not.
JUB
And God saw their works, because they turned from their evil way, and he repented of the evil that he had said that he would do unto them, and he did not do it.
RSV
When God saw what they did, how they turned from their evil way, God repented of the evil which he had said he would do to them; and he did not do it.

Jeremiah 15:6

LEB
You have forsaken me,” declares Yahweh. “You go backward, so I have stretched my hand against you, and I have destroyed you. I am tired of becoming remorseful.
KJ21
Thou hast forsaken Me,” saith the Lord, “thou art gone backward; therefore will I stretch out My hand against thee and destroy thee; I am weary with repenting.
JUB
Thou hast forsaken me, saith the LORD; thou art gone backward: therefore, I stretched out my hand over thee and cast thee away; I am tired of repenting.

We simply don't repent, regret, relent, or are remorseful or sorry for doing things correctly or that were the right thing to do.