Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

Wootah
Savant

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #3001

Post by Wootah »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:01 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #2999]
Can God come down to Earth physically? No. See the posts above.
I will. But that's a bold claim to know what God can and can't do.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

onewithhim
Savant

Post #3002

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:14 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:01 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #2999]
Would you say that God can die? Can He make a mountain that He Himself could not reach the top?

Wootah
Savant

Post #3003

Post by Wootah »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:19 am
Would you say that God can die? Can He make a mountain that He Himself could not reach the top?
Of course there are things God cannot do, logically impossible things, lie, be unrighteous. But to not come down to earth does not seem logically impossible or against his nature. What's more is the Israelites built a temple and God is present there.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

onewithhim
Savant

Post #3004

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:34 pm
onewithhim wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:19 am
Of course there are things God cannot do, logically impossible things, lie, be unrighteous. But to not come down to earth does not seem logically impossible or against his nature. What's more is the Israelites built a temple and God is present there.
God wasn't actually bodily there in the temple. He was always "with" His people, but remained in heaven. Jesus always spoke of his Father being in heaven (e.g. Matthew 6:9), as did Solomon when building the temple for worship of Jehovah:

"But will God truly dwell upon the earth? Look! The heavens, yes, the heaven of the heavens cannot contain you; how much less, then, this house that I have built!" (I Kings 8:27)

There you have it. In a nutshell. Solomon knew that God cannot be contained on the earth, never mind in a building.

Wootah
Savant

Post #3005

Post by Wootah »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:08 pm God wasn't actually bodily there in the temple. He was always "with" His people, but remained in heaven. Jesus always spoke of his Father being in heaven (e.g. Matthew 6:9), as did Solomon when building the temple for worship of Jehovah:

"But will God truly dwell upon the earth? Look! The heavens, yes, the heaven of the heavens cannot contain you; how much less, then, this house that I have built!" (I Kings 8:27)

There you have it. In a nutshell. Solomon knew that God cannot be contained on the earth, never mind in a building.
And you just proved God can't be contained by the heavens as well.

How about what it means is nothing can nothing God but God can dwell anywhere he likes.

I can't fathom how God can choose to dwell in a sinner like me. I pray you know that joy one day.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #3006

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:48 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:08 pm God wasn't actually bodily there in the temple. He was always "with" His people, but remained in heaven. Jesus always spoke of his Father being in heaven (e.g. Matthew 6:9), as did Solomon when building the temple for worship of Jehovah:

How about what it means is nothing can nothing God but God can dwell anywhere he likes.

I can't fathom how God can choose to dwell in a sinner like me. I pray you know that joy one day.
You're right, the heavens cannot even contain God. How much less this speck of dust of the earth and a temple and even a person! He does not dwell in any of these things.

I am happy that God's SPIRIT dwells in me, though I am a sinner. (I just don't DELIBERATELY commit grievous sins.) It is His spirit, not His actual self.

Wootah
Savant

Post #3007

Post by Wootah »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:55 pm

You're right, the heavens cannot even contain God. How much less this speck of dust of the earth and a temple and even a person! He does not dwell in any of these things.

I am happy that God's SPIRIT dwells in me, though I am a sinner. (I just don't DELIBERATELY commit grievous sins.) It is His spirit, not His actual self.
Now can you see how illogical your position is? God now isn't on earth or in heaven ....

onewithhim
Savant

Post #3008

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:53 am

Now can you see how illogical your position is? God now isn't on earth or in heaven ....
Of course He transcends even heaven because He is the Source of everything created in the universe. But He is said to be in heaven, throughout the Bible. I think that is the best description of where He is, since He doesn't exist on the earth.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #3009

Post by onewithhim »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:50 pm
Wootah wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:53 am

Of course He transcends even heaven because He is the Source of everything created in the universe. But He is said to be in heaven, throughout the Bible. I think that is the best description of where He is, since He doesn't exist on the earth.
Do you say that God isn't in heaven? (The Bible says that He is.)

Wootah
Savant

Post #3010

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #3009]

You are debating yourself:

God transcends creation so can't exist on earth but can exist in heaven.

Make that make sense.

I think God is omnipotent and can exist in his creation.