Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Re:

Post #2851

Post by onewithhim »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:28 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:38 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:52 pm
onewithhim wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:58 pm [Replying to 2ndpillar2 in post #2844]

"Soon" to God and Christ could be 2,000 years or more. They have existed forever (the Father, anyway).....Christ for billions of years. Don't you think that "soon" or "shortly," etc., can describe what they are feeling now about the end of evil?
I am not following your point. The "end of evil"/wickedness apparently does not end until the time of the white throne judgment, when the "devil" is thrown into the "lake of fire" (Rev 20:10). During the "millennium", the "wicked"/"lawless"/liars will remain outside the gates (Rev 22:14-15).

Rev 22:14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.
The end of evil comes after the thousand years have been completed, when the devil is let loose out of his "prison." (Revelation 20: 7-10) When he and anyone who will follow him are destroyed, evil will have been removed forever. Are you at all familiar with the book of Revelation?
I am familiar with all of the bible, including the "message" of the "enemy"/"devil" (Mt 13:25 & 39), which you, as a Jehovah Witness, seem to have drunk half the tank of Kool Aid. If "Christ" existed for "billions of years", then who was the "alpha", and when was the "beginning" (John 1:1)?
The "Alpha" is Jehovah, the Father---"the only true God." (John 17:3) The beginning, spoken of at John 1:1, is the beginning of creation. When that was to occur, Jesus (the Word) was the first thing created.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2852

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:43 pm The "Alpha" is Jehovah, the Father---"the only true God." (John 17:3) The beginning, spoken of at John 1:1, is the beginning of creation. When that was to occur, Jesus (the Word) was the first thing created.
But the Bible states that the Word existed in the beginning:

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, . . .

If the Word already existed in the beginning, then there was no reason to create the Word again when "creation was to occur."

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2853

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:01 pm
onewithhim wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:43 pm The "Alpha" is Jehovah, the Father---"the only true God." (John 17:3) The beginning, spoken of at John 1:1, is the beginning of creation. When that was to occur, Jesus (the Word) was the first thing created.

John 1

If the Word already existed in the beginning, then there was no reason to create the Word again when "creation was to occur."
I explained what "the beginning" means, and I said that Christ was the first thing created.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2854

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:41 pm

John 1

I explained what "the beginning" means, and I said that Christ was the first thing created.
Yes, here is what you are saying:

In the beginning of creation, the Word, who created everything, created Himself first.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2855

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:15 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:41 pm

John 1

Yes, here is what you are saying:

In the beginning of creation, the Word, who created everything, created Himself first.
I am certainly not saying that. I said that the Word was the first thing God (Jehovah) created. Then God created everything else, through Christ.
"For even though there are those who are called 'gods,' whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many 'gods' and many 'lords,' there is actually to us one God, the Father, out of whom all things are [including Christ]...and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are." (I Corinthians 8:5,6)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2856

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:01 pm
I said that the Word was the first thing God (Jehovah) created.

But the Word existed in the beginning with God:

John 1:

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

So God and the Word existed in the beginning.

Now, where do you go from there?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2857

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:40 pm

John 1:

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

It doesn't say that the Word was already there in the beginning with God. There is the beginning of the creation, and the first thing created was the Word, Jesus.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #2858

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

onewithhim wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:43 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:28 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:38 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:52 pm
onewithhim wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:58 pm [Replying to 2ndpillar2 in post #2844]

"Soon" to God and Christ could be 2,000 years or more. They have existed forever (the Father, anyway).....Christ for billions of years. Don't you think that "soon" or "shortly," etc., can describe what they are feeling now about the end of evil?
I am not following your point. The "end of evil"/wickedness apparently does not end until the time of the white throne judgment, when the "devil" is thrown into the "lake of fire" (Rev 20:10). During the "millennium", the "wicked"/"lawless"/liars will remain outside the gates (Rev 22:14-15).

Rev 22:14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.
The end of evil comes after the thousand years have been completed, when the devil is let loose out of his "prison." (Revelation 20: 7-10) When he and anyone who will follow him are destroyed, evil will have been removed forever. Are you at all familiar with the book of Revelation?
I am familiar with all of the bible, including the "message" of the "enemy"/"devil" (Mt 13:25 & 39), which you, as a Jehovah Witness, seem to have drunk half the tank of Kool Aid. If "Christ" existed for "billions of years", then who was the "alpha", and when was the "beginning" (John 1:1)?
The "Alpha" is Jehovah, the Father---"the only true God." (John 17:3) The beginning, spoken of at John 1:1, is the beginning of creation. When that was to occur, Jesus (the Word) was the first thing created.
The Creator, the Father, had no "beginning". Who is the "omega"?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2859

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:08 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:40 pm

John 1:

It doesn't say that the Word was already there in the beginning with God. There is the beginning of the creation, and the first thing created was the Word, Jesus.
John 1:3

All things were made by him (
the Word); and without him was not any thing made that was made.

The Word created everything that was created. How did He create Himself first, if He did not exist until He was created?

And, once again, Jesus is not the Word. Jesus is the Word made flesh.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2860

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #2859]

All other things were made by Jesus, after he was created.